Warburton Work Ethic

UnionMen

I don't want to get ahead of myself but if this guy comes good on quotes such as:

"If Murray Park has been regarded as something of a holiday camp over the last four years and it has by many then some of the regulars there are in for a surprise when they clock back in on Saturday."

&

"Theres nothing better than coming in, doing some work, feeling youve made some progress then going home and seeing your family, have a meal and rest in your own bed."

Then the future is exciting. Watching these wasters under the fat spiv for the last 4 years has left me longing for something i may have taken for granted in my Rangers supporting life: Heart, desire & that world famous Protestant work ethic.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck all to do with a protestant work ethic.

Its all about a manager getting players fit to give themselves the capacity to play the way he wants them to for 90 mins.

Its modern football the world over.

I disagree, culture can certainly rub off on playing style. For the last few years i've envied Athletic Bilbao, they use only players of Basque blood and have a playing ethos around playing for one's pride, non stop effort, amazing work ethic and pressing. As a result they've overachieved considering the technical footballing quality of their players.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but if this guy comes good on quotes such as:

"If Murray Park has been regarded as something of a holiday camp over the last four years and it has by many then some of the regulars there are in for a surprise when they clock back in on Saturday."

&

"Theres nothing better than coming in, doing some work, feeling youve made some progress then going home and seeing your family, have a meal and rest in your own bed."

Then the future is exciting. Watching these wasters under the fat spiv for the last 4 years has left me longing for something i may have taken for granted in my Rangers supporting life: Heart, desire & that world famously s Protestant work ethic.

Religious beliefs have fuck all to do with work ethics. I work with some astonishingly lazy proddies and some very hard working Catholics and I know of at least 1 very generous jew.

I have a very strong work ethic and it's down to wanting to do the very best I can. You need to get away from this stupid backwards idea that religion is in some way important to everyone these days.

Religious beliefs have fuck all to do with work ethics. I work with some astonishingly lazy proddies and some very hard working Catholics and I know of at least 1 very generous jew.

I have a very strong work ethic and it's down to wanting to do the very best I can. You need to get away from this stupid backwards idea that religion is in some way important to everyone these days.

:lol:

I disagree, culture can certainly rub off on playing style. For the last few years i've envied Athletic Bilbao, they use only players of Basque blood and have a playing ethos around playing for one's pride, non stop effort, amazing work ethic and pressing. As a result they've overachieved considering the technical footballing quality of their players.

So Athletic Bilbao have a strong protestant work ethic?

Does MW come from protestant roots, and does it matter?

The mhanks play a high intensity pressing game. Lets not associate them with our culture in any way tho ffs.

Its modern football. Nowt to do with religion.

You got any black friends who can swim?

The Protestant work ethic worked a wonder on Nacho Novo. He became a right wee Calvinist terrier. You would never have seen fuck all happening for days on one of his Spanish building sites.

What's religion got do with it?

Christ this place is just an uncultured troll pit. Are there any posters on here over the age of 21 with at least half a fuckin brain?

The historic, world famous "protestant work ethic" refers to a set of people and their values. You call yourself a Rangers fan. Smh.

Christ this place is just an uncultured troll pit. Are there any posters on here over the age of 21 with at least half a fuckin brain?

The historic, world famous "protestant work ethic" refers to a set of people and their values. You call yourself a Rangers fan. Smh.

Where is the frugality, the cornerstone of this ethic?

You are bringing a religious slant to what is basically work ethic. As an example of such you have given a basque (non protestant)team's ethic.

You ask where all the over 21s with more than half a brain are. You ask this due to a distinct lack of support to your OP.

Well plenty of such people are here reading this and are embarrassed for you.