Rob Kiernan

Sorry if there has already been a thread on this but i couldn't find one.

Anyway, my friend is a Wigan fan and he was telling me Kiernan would go into any tackle and win everything in the air, but can't pass a ball for shit.

I found this hard to believe as mark warburtons main philosophy is to play out from the back.

Has anyone seen Kiernan play a decent number of times to be able to make a fair judgment of him?

Anyway, my friend is a Wigan fan and he was telling me Kiernan would go into any tackle and win everything in the air, but can't pass a ball for shit.

I found this hard to believe as mark warburtons main philosophy is to play out from the back.

Has anyone seen Kiernan play a decent number of times to be able to make a fair judgment of him?

Our Manager deserves capital letter's when writing his name.

Sad that you have an imaginary friend and even sadder that he supports Wigan.

That's only your friends opinion, any hard facts?

I know some who opined that Ally was a decent manager, mostly tims mind you

Not to rely on computer games for facts but these rely on football fans to advise on stats and Kiernan is in the top 45% defenders for passing skills on Fifa 15.

Wigan claimed the lad to be "one of the brightest prospects at the DW stadium".

According to The72 website, "Kiernan has impressed during his 12 games and at 24 is at a perfect age, he is composed on the ball and allows Blues to play out from the back as well as being a real physical presence. If Rowett could bring him to the club permanently, I believe he could form a solid defensive partnership with Michael Morrison."

According to ThisNorthernSoul website, "Kiernan had a difficult time this season, but he is still only 24 years old. At his best he is a cultured central defender who can pass the ball. He can also play in central midfield."

The above, plus I trust MW.

Did he aye?

It scares me how obsessed the unwashed really are. I was speaking to a celtic fan in work and, after asking me what I thought of the new manager, he said "well I was on that follow follow and they were saying this and that". Why would you go on another team's forum for fun? I certainly don't do it and I'd frown upon any fellow bear who did.

There's supporting your team and then there's just plain obsession.

Jesus. Was your friend a Wigan man from afar?

Take it from someone who watched them for years, be it on TV, streams or at the DW itself, this guy has potential.

He was playing alongside guys like Caldwell and Ramis for Wigan. Neither of them were very good! Particularly Caldwell. Would you not shit yourself if you had to pass to him too?

He actually is composed when he leads the line. He has a strong range of pass, and he is a physical presence.

As I've said many times, sending him on loan to Birmingham was just one of many ludicrous decisions by the club in a shambolic season which saw them relegated.

Take it from someone who actually watches/watched Wigan.

Jesus. Was your friend a Wigan man from afar?

Take it from someone who watched them for years, be it on TV, streams or at the DW itself, this guy has potential.

He was playing alongside guys like Caldwell and Ramis for Wigan. Neither of them were very good! Particularly Caldwell. Would you not shit yourself if you had to pass to him too?

He actually is composed when he leads the line. He has a strong range of pass, and he is a physical presence.

As I've said many times, sending him on loan to Birmingham was just one of many ludicrous decisions by the club in a shambolic season which saw them relegated.

Take it from someone who actually watches/watched Wigan.

I'm glad to hear it!! Like I said, I found it hard to believe him.