Irvine Today

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be this consensus that if you don't conform you don't belong, handwringer, apologist, pape etc

What folk don't seem to understand is there are plenty of people who just want to support the team they love without all the extra baggage.

To be fair I think the reason your getting so much grief is because you're from Livingston and that is justified :D

Staunchometer is off the scale on this thread.

Quick question: why does protestant get shortened to prod or proddie? Where does the d come from? Should it actually be prot and prottie? Life is full of these perplexing mysteries.....

I am sure a very big portion of English Rangers fans are because of the Protestant connection i know i am

Wednesday by birth Rangers by religion

The exact reason my Blades mates follow us too mate. Hope all is well pal.

How come these sort of Rangers fans don't exist in the real world? Is it because the internet gived them a platform to hide behind when they spout their shite?

Rangers are a proud Protestant club, see if you have a problem with that, there are plenty of other clubs to follow. Pick one.

How come these sort of Rangers fans don't exist in the real world? Is it because the internet gived them a platform to hide behind when they spout their shite?

Rangers are a proud Protestant club, see if you have a problem with that, there are plenty of other clubs to follow. Pick one.

You must see how ridiculous that is.

Only loyal Protestants are allowed to support Rangers? Grow up.

Spot on.

This exactly and its the same with many threads on here.

The thread was worded for the benefit of the haters looking in and its caught out a few in here.

I walked with my Lodge in Kilwinning and Irvine and wore my collarette with pride. Was great to see so many people out enjoying the weather and the party atmosphere. WATP

It was a great day mate my two young boys enjoyed it aswell

They probably complain at the worldwide marketing of the club as well. Well with some fans claiming that Non-PUL need not apply it's hardly surprising there aren't more Rangers tops kicking about around the globe.

There aren't more Rangers tops kicking around the globe cos our own 'fans' won't even buy the fukkers

It's the forum rules.

Some may equate it to their support of Rangers, but some won't. Is it Rangers related in general?

If I wanted to start a thread asking what shade of Blue to paint the kitchen should I put it in the Bears Den?

Why would you even need to ask what shade of blue, when the answer is obvious. :pipe:

They probably complain at the worldwide marketing of the club as well. Well with some fans claiming that Non-PUL need not apply it's hardly surprising there aren't more Rangers tops kicking about around the globe.

There aren't more Rangers tops kicking around the world due to poor marketing and I am not talking about the current deal. When I moved to the States Rangers tops were available in some sports tops, now there are none on sale.

You knew what our club was all about when you decided to support our club.

Aye, that's right. When I was a nine-year-old boy watching Davie Cooper weave his mesmeric magic down the wing I was thinking:

"Good, staunch, proddy-unionist-loyalist, that guy."