Summer Football

Summer Football  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want summer football

• Yes (explain why you want change)
    • No, remain as is (explain your reasons)
    • A hybrid of it (explain your hybrid)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no. spend the money instead on properly preparing the pitches for the winter months, rather than risking even more empty seats with people being away on their summer holidays. also, as shite as the SPL is, you'll still get the odd player away to the EURO's and the World Cups

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, but I voted Yes, as we need to something to improve the product and maybe negotiate a better Sky deal if we switch to summer football. It would be novel and wouldn't be competing directly with the EPL in the summer months at least, so maybe we could improve the deal and improve the crowds overall.

May also help in better preparing those clubs in the early prequal rounds in the European competitions, which of course will include us sometime soon.

No chance. I want to be getting up at 6 in the morning on a cold winters morn with my mates and heading on a 3 hour bus jounrey for Inverness away. Fucking love it.

The season should start in mid July though to help the teams in Europe.

I want proper summer football. A season from March to October. Fills a hole in the football tv calendar that could bring in more interest from overseas and hopefully more money. We need drastic change.

Aye? What happens when the big international tournaments are on? What happens when we play European football and go weeks without kicking a ball? What happens when we make it past Christmas in Europe?

Summer football in Europe is ridiculous unless the whole of European football follows suit.

Summer football would wreck the experience for me. There's nothing like a winter evening game with the floodlights shining down and the grass turning white. We need to go back to what football was traditionally about, not away from it.

Summer football would wreck the experience for me. There's nothing like a winter evening game with the floodlights shining down and the grass turning white. We need to go back to what football was traditionally about, not away from it.

I don't wuite understand what you say in "we need to get back to what football was traditionally about" as we are still playing a traditional season.

The world has changed, football has changed. We can no longer compete with any serious expectation in Europe. We live next door to the most prosperous leaugue on the planet and we suffer badly as a consequence and I would say it is one of the main reasons we are suffering.

I would really like to know how we can reverse the trend, as our product is poor and our game is slowly dying and the leaders of our game are devoid of ideas on how to improve it and generate more income.

The game can no longer live off us and THEM. It just isn't sustainable and makes for ever decreasing circles that we are now witnessing.

Yes, absolutely mental that we hammer grass pitches at the worst possible time of the year then complain about teams not playing fast passing football on a ploughed field.

The years that we have the WC & Euro comps on you just start 2 weeks earlier and finish 2 weeks later.

No. When we get back to quslifying for the UCL we would never have a break.

Not at all. We'd get our break in the winter. It would infact help us get into europe if were 5 or 6 games into the season by the time european qualifiers come around.

Yes.

We need to stop trying to compete with the EPL and the other top leagues, as we will always lose. The best thing for us is to be that summertime option, if we do it correctly we could start to see more TV money and bigger sponsorship deals. It could also help our clubs get ready for Europe, as we need more help getting ready for tournaments qualifiers than seeing the last 16/32 of the CL/EL, which are essentially a cash bonus for Scottish teams.

Yes.

We need to stop trying to compete with the EPL and the other top leagues, as we will always lose. The best thing for us is to be that summertime alternative, if we do it correctly we could start to see more TV money and bigger sponsorship deals.

So when do you suggest we start and end the season?

Some kind of split season involving a January and February shutdown would get my vote.

Whatever happens, it will not be perfect but I'd much rather be sitting in a stadium watching a game in mid June than mid January.

I think it would encourage more families to go, as well as folk just deciding to head along to a game at the last minute.

Some kind of split season involving a January and February shutdown would get my vote.

Whatever happens, it will not be perfect but I'd much rather be sitting in a stadium watching a game in mid June than mid January.

I think it would encourage more families to go, as well as folk just deciding to head along to a game at the last minute.

Theres pros and cons in both situations. What youve got to realise is that a good portion of the support goes on holiday in june and july. So it could bring lower crowds.

I understand crowds may well be lower due to folk going on holiday but think about it, generally people go on holiday for two weeks so it's only two weeks during the summer that could well be lost per fan. Not all fans go on holiday as well.

How many fan weeks do we lose due to fucking shite weather?

I'm thinking it would be far more.

Start the season earlier, last week in June/ start July.Play more midweek games along with weekends during summer months (July to September and march,April next year) Play up till and including first weekend in December (ideal for work Xmas days/nights out) shut down for 3 weeks, games on Boxing Day and New Year's Day, shut down again for 3 weeks.

I personally hate traveling and sitting watching gers freezing cold n soaking wet on a winters night!