Durie & Jim Henry Leave Rangers

Good luck to them both in the future, especially Dukebox as I liked him a lot. However, there was something seriously wrong with out techniques as most of our players had become worst footballers and fatter while with us.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Jig, I hear from a decent source that he's been looking at the Southampton model these last few years and is a big fan, has a few vids of their training methods under Adkins, Pottetchino and Koeman. Been looking and basing all his coaching badges and exam type stuff on these vids.

Happy to say I didn't believe it when I heard it, but my source was adamant he has some good ideas, wants to go totally separate to ally's methods... Or lack thereof...

I trust my source, but I just don't think he has the intelligence to implement that style

Regarding Jig, I hear from a decent source that he's been looking at the Southampton model these last few years and is a big fan, has a few vids of their training methods under Adkins, Pottetchino and Koeman. Been looking and basing all his coaching badges and exam type stuff on these vids.

Happy to say I didn't believe it when I heard it, but my source was adamant he has some good ideas, wants to go totally separate to ally's methods... Or lack thereof...

I trust my source, but I just don't think he has the intelligence to implement that style

see my post 4 up mate - if i'm right (and i have been wrong in the past) then should answer your question for you

Two pieces of news we need now: 1. McCulloch is off to Killie or anywhere else but here; 2. Durrant has been hunted off to join his pal McCoist. Warburton is building a new backroom set-up and we don't need these two anywhere near it.

see my post 4 up mate - if i'm right (and i have been wrong in the past) then should answer your question for you

Aye, I think he was put up to coach when McCall was put in charge? No? I don't think he was in a coach role before hand with McDowell but I may be wrong?

The football was better under McCall, but I don't think Jig deserves any credit for that, nor does he deserve any criticism for the disasterous McDowell spell if he was a coach.

Difficult to judge him, but he's been about and may have his own ideas, which is certainly what I'm hearing, I just don't think his play style, his knowledge of the game or his general IQ is decent enough to coach a modern style

That won more league titles, and cups than Gascoigne and Laudrup combined.

Is Nacho Novo a Rangers legend? Is Ricksen?

In my opinion neither Novo or Ricksen are Rangers legends either no.

Aye, I think he was put up to coach when McCall was put in charge? No? I don't think he was in a coach role before hand with McDowell but I may be wrong?

The football was better under McCall, but I don't think Jig deserves any credit for that, nor does he deserve any criticism for the disasterous McDowell spell if he was a coach.

Difficult to judge him, but he's been about and may have his own ideas, which is certainly what I'm hearing, I just don't think his play style, his knowledge of the game or his general IQ is decent enough to coach a modern style

ye, difficult to remember exactly what 'role' he had but if his captaincy (and I use that very loosely) is anything to go by then its a big fat fuckin no from me. also how much he was taking a week for literally fuck all and prob take up a position at killie for £1500 or so, well I think that also says a lot - so no from me and i'd guess 95% of the rest of us

ye, difficult to remember exactly what 'role' he had but if his captaincy (and I use that very loosely) is anything to go by then its a big fat fuckin no from me. also how much he was taking a week for literally fuck all and prob take up a position at killie for £1500 or so, well I think that also says a lot - so no from me and i'd guess 95% of the rest of us

Yeah - 95% are a "no" and the other 5 % didn't respond :lol:

There is no chance on this earth that Gordon Durie is a Rangers legend

"He won more trophies than Gazza and Laudrup" - what sort of stupid argument is that? Kirk Broadfoot won more trophies than Gazza. Is he more of a club legend?

No he didn't.

Oh and no-one said he was more of a legend than Gazza, he is still a Rangers legend though.

In my opinion neither Novo or Ricksen are Rangers legends either no.

That's just ridiculous regarding Novo. Scored winners in cup finals, scored the goal that won us the league in 2005, scored a penalty that took us to our first European final in 36 years, scored some big important goals.

That's just ridiculous regarding Novo. Scored winners in cup finals, scored the goal that won us the league in 2005, scored a penalty that took us to our first European final in 36 years, scored some big important goals.

Novo I can accept I may be wrong, my thoughts are down to the fact that I thought he wasn't very good. I can't deny he scored very important goals for us but in general he was rubbish. First touch crap and finishing pretty poor but due to the importance of the goals he scored I can see why he is regarded as a legend.

Durie I'm still not having though!

Pretty sure MW and DW won't be losing any sleep over the departures of Durie and Henry hopefully followed quickly with the removal of the rest of the old backroom boys including Durrant and Jim Stewart another pair of changers.

Pretty sure MW and DW won't be losing any sleep over the departures of Durie and Henry hopefully followed quickly with the removal of the rest of the old backroom boys including Durrant and Jim Stewart another pair of changers.

Stay on your line at every corner Cammy and then punch the ball into your own net, byw anyone through on one on one with you will probably score so don't worry, aye ok thanks Jim.

Are goalie coaches meant to make you worse?

where does it say they are gone ???

Stay on your line at every corner Cammy and then punch the ball into your own net, byw anyone through on one on one with you will probably score so don't worry, aye ok thanks Jim.

Are goalie coaches meant to make you worse?

I assume you thought cammy could only get better he was and will forever be a piss poor keeper.. Jim got the best out of shagger why because he had the potential to improve bell does not,