Info Regarding Albertz

burnsblue

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Albertz's agent when living in Deutschland (a guy named Kurt although that was his 'showbiz' name) and he claimed to also be involved in the careers (and transfer deals) of DaMarcus Beasley and Maurice Edu.

He always spoke very highly of Jorg as a person and referred to him affectionately as 'Ali.'

I don't think anyone has a bad word to say about Jorg Albertz. He is a true gentleman.

He's famous in Germany as Ali Albertz.

Every football match I've been to over there I always ask anyone I get speaking to if they know of him and sure as fuck. "Ali Albertz"

How many goalkeepers hands or wrists did he break? Not just loved scoring against the scum he also seemed to love putting them past Jim Leighton whether he was at Hibs or sheep shaggers.

Was a hero growing up.

Remember a couple year ago getting a random call from my dad, he's in Hong Kong. He tells me to hold on, someone wants to talk to me. Next thing The Hammer is on the line. I admit, I went a little giddy. Then had a nice wee chat with Jorg. Not a great story but it made me smile at the time. He was at the RSC event during the 7's over there and was having a beer with my dad.

Legend. (quickly leaves thread)

What am I missing here? To get back to the OP question, exactly what site has the reliable information?

Official site says 82 goals.

The link GovanBlue posted for RM says 88.

Remove the 9 friendly goals from the RangersMedia wiki and that leaves 79.

Still doesn't add up!

What am I missing here? To get back to the OP question, exactly what site has the reliable information?

Still doesn't add up!

I know, that's what I was confused about and the wikipedia site has a different set of numbers all together!

In the end I just went with the official site figures, which were 228 apps and 82 goals.

I know, that's what I was confused about and the wikipedia site has a different set of numbers all together!

In the end I just went with the official site figures, which were 228 apps and 82 goals.

Probably the best thing to do mate.

The lack of reliablility in the information was annoying me so I had to google a few more stat sites. Check out this one.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=9404&season_id=126

It lists every individual game played and each goal scored. The stats under the career sub-heading don't appear to tie up either but I went through each individual goal in each season he played for us, matching each one with the stats on the RangersMedia Wiki. Everything matched except the 1998/1999 season where Albertz actually scored 11 league goals and not 8 as RM says. That was the only error so taking that mistake in to account and removing friendly goals the RM stats now total 82 competative goals scored for us which matches the official site stats. Phew! Thats 40 minutes of my life I won't get back.

So what Admin is in charge of the stats on the RM wiki? Oleg I'm looking at you with your recent threads which include statistics. Sort it out. :craphead:

Still doesn't add up!

Fitbastats i thinks ok. Lists all the games he played.

http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/player_games.php?playerid=1268

My memories of this man...came with a reputation of being a goal scorer from midfield, pretty sure he had to fill in at left back for a few matches!

my feelings at the time were, i can't wait till he plays in his proper position....then woooooooooooooof!

LEGEND!