Bbc Licence Fee

Assegai

From a club spokesperson (copied from Rhecord article):

“Rangers have a massive support base, all of whom will be paying their TV licence to the BBC. Many of them will be unhappy.

“All we are asking for is the right to have our business reported in a fair and balanced manner.”

I am withholding my licence fee and have cancelled my DD. Is anyone else taking this action?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people pay it anyway, it is not a law, it's an act, they have no legal rights to make you pay, IF they come to your door with the police, the police are there to make sure no breach of the peace occurs as it's a civil matter.

From a club spokesperson (copied from Rhecord article):

“Rangers have a massive support base, all of whom will be paying their TV licence to the BBC. Many of them will be unhappy.

“All we are asking for is the right to have our business reported in a fair and balanced manner.”

I am withholding my licence fee and have cancelled my DD. Is anyone else taking this action?

Signed an online government petition to abolish the

Icence fee a couple days ago. Just after the bbc said they were boycotting Ibrox. it had 4625 signatures they need 10000 signatures, so get signed up

I don't understand why people pay it anyway, it is not a law, it's an act, they have no legal rights to make you pay, IF they come to your door with the police, the police are there to make sure no breach of the peace occurs as it's a civil matter.

An Act is a law. Saying it's not is bullshit.

Read this nonsense before.

It is a criminal offence not to pay with a fine of up to £1000 . Although you cannot be sent to prison for it you can for not paying the fine

They go on the assumption that you have a tv and watch live broadcasts, but they can only prove it if they come into your house, the only way they can enter your house is with a warrant and the only way to get a warrant is with evidence that they can only get by coming into your house. If they come to your house film them and tell them to leave and that your revoking implied right off access to your property. The only reason they have these licenses is cause folk are daft enough to pay them.

No it's not, an act HAS TO BE AGREED to by the individual, i.e. contract terms..The licence fee is a contract between you, the individual and the BBC.

That's bullshit mate.

There's wallopers been done for contempt of court trying to argue that.

They go on the assumption that you have a tv and watch live broadcasts, but they can only prove it if they come into your house, the only way they can enter your house is with a warrant and the only way to get a warrant is with evidence that they can only get by coming into your house. If they come to your house film them and tell them to leave and that your revoking implied right off access to your property. The only reason they have these licenses is cause folk are daft enough to pay them.

Don't ever revoked their rights to access. This can be used as a reason to get a warrant. Just tell then to leave and film them and that should be it.

No it's not, an act HAS TO BE AGREED to by the individual, i.e. contract terms..The licence fee is a contract between you, the individual and the BBC.

Would watching their services not count as acceptance of the contract.

Read this nonsense before.

It is a criminal offence not to pay with a fine of up to £1000 . Although you cannot be sent to prison for it you can for not paying the fine

It's only a offence if you admit to using a tv without a licence, as long as you tell them you don't have a tv and don't let them into your home there is not a fucking thing they can do, from a person who has never paid in my life or ever will so have had dealings with them a few times ;)

It's only a offence if you admit to using a tv without a licence, as long as you tell them you don't have a tv and don't let them into your home there is not a fucking thing they can do, from a person who has never paid in my life or ever will so have had dealings with them a few times ;)

It is an offence no argument.

Your point is can they find the evidence to prosecute which is a different thing altogether