Hateley Has A Pop At Ally's Rangers

Ally sold his legend status for about 200 grand after tax. If he had walked away from the payoff after King took charge most of us would have forgiven his incompetence and laziness.

However he didn't and I can't forgive that and the obvious conclusion that his legend status was worth so little to him.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally sold his legend status for about 200 grand after tax. If he had walked away from the payoff after King took charge most of us would have forgiven his incompetence and laziness.

However he didn't and I can't forgive that and the obvious conclusion that his legend status was worth so little to him.

His sycophantic "my boss is great" from Whyte through Green was bad enough. His incompetence and laziness added to it. The karaoke was shameful. The money grabbing is unforgivable.

I would go a step further and remove him from hall of fame, and I know majority will disagree with me on this.

His part in all of this is far worse than any Board player(with the exception of one). (tu)

In general, all the legends have got behind Ally. Hateley behind closed doors has always had doubts.

Anyone have a copy of that leaked training schedule around the time we went to Carnoustie to prepare for a game. (tu)

Ps. There were plenty on here who backed Ally to the hilt. (tu)

That stuff about Hateley going to the board may have been true but he should still have gone public, I remember at that time fans were still getting berated from many quarters for how badly a 'legend' was getting treated, so it would have been good to have some figures like him backing us up.

Don't forget there was a large section of the support who thought Ally could do no wrong, so it was hard for our old heroes to slag him

We all knew Ally had no hunger and that flowed down to the squad, Ally believed as long as they wore the jersey they were good enough.

I'm just angry at thought of what could have been

I was in the Thornton Suite for hospitality when Green had to explain himself after his "Worst I've seen" quote. I wouldn't say he gave a brilliant account of himself, but nobody in there was diagreeing with him. One or two of the ex-players who do the hospitality were definitely muttering, but the older players aren't minted and so maybe weren't in a position to shout from the rooftops.

To rub salt into Ally's wounds Annan beat us 2-1 that day. That was the day I said no more, he had to go.

And a lot of the fans (Union Bears?) were still shouting Ally's name when most of us were shouting for his head.

Hateleys a cunt.

Reason :

Just before a game last year ... think it was Falkirk on Rememberance weekend, I was outside the front doors with my 2 boys seeing if we could see players/ex players for a photo with my boys. There was only 20-30 people standing outside, not many.

Hateley came strolling along from the Broomloan end, stopped a couple of times for an autograph or selfie with fans, then got to the front door.

There was me and my 2, and another bear with his son ... they wanted an autograph, and I was hoping for a photo of him and my boys ... would have took him 10 seconds total. Plus the fact he had already stopped on the way to the doors, so he wasn't in a hurry.

But no, head down and ignored us both and went straight in the doors, even with me and the other dad saying his name.

Was one of my heroes in my younger days. Not any more.

Cunt!

Hateleys a cunt.

Reason :

Just before a game last year ... think it was Falkirk on Rememberance weekend, I was outside the front doors with my 2 boys seeing if we could see players/ex players for a photo with my boys. There was only 20-30 people standing outside, not many.

Hateley came strolling along from the Broomloan end, stopped a couple of times for an autograph or selfie with fans, then got to the front door.

There was me and my 2, and another bear with his son ... they wanted an autograph, and I was hoping for a photo of him and my boys ... would have took him 10 seconds total. Plus the fact he had already stopped on the way to the doors, so he wasn't in a hurry.

But no, head down and ignored us both and went straight in the doors, even with me and the other dad saying his name.

Was one of my heroes in my younger days. Not any more.

Cunt!

Understand your disappointment but you did say he stopped for others, maybe he was desperate for a pee :D

Understand your disappointment but you did say he stopped for others, maybe he was desperate for a pee :D

:lol:

Like I said there was only the 2 of us wanting his attention. 10-20 seconds max. Or if he was in a hurry, he could've at least said sorry guys I'm in a hurry instead of totally blanking us with the head down. I'd understand if there was quite a few of us ... but 2???? C'mon, especially with kids involved.

Like I said there was only the 2 of us wanting his attention. 10-20 seconds max. Or if he was in a hurry, he could've at least said sorry guys I'm in a hurry instead of totally blanking us with the head down. I'd understand if there was quite a few of us ... but 2???? C'mon, especially with kids involved.

Fair point...cunt it is :D

we are all just mug punters to most of the pro's mate.

"heavy-legged Gers side that failed last season".

Says it all really - Gers supporters knew, our opponents knew, Mark Hateley knew.

Ally McCoist didn't know, Kenny McDowall didn't know and Ian Durrant didn't know.

An absolute joke of a management team.

All's well that ends well, if it is not well, then it has not ended - we'll be back - because WATP.

In the few months before Ally was forced to step down a large section of the crowd, that still went to the games, were still chanting 'Super Ally'.

It demonstrated that you could still fool some of the people all of the time. You can stretch loyalty well past the twanging point with our support.

His sycophantic "my boss is great" from Whyte through Green was bad enough. His incompetence and laziness added to it. The karaoke was shameful. The money grabbing is unforgivable.

I would go a step further and remove him from hall of fame, and I know majority will disagree with me on this.

His part in all of this is far worse than any Board player(with the exception of one). (tu)

This (tu)

We all know though he'll try to weasel back in with the support at some point though, his ego is about as big as his fat arse.

I agree with what you say LawMan. I despise McCoist. The real culprits in the fiasco are Smith, Bain and SDM. Many of us thought it would be a poor appointment, I doubt even the most clairvoyant of us could have foreseen the catastrophic effect on the club. My anger towards McCoist revolves round him demanding his pound of flesh. I am angry at the other 3 for appointing such an obviously unsuited individual. I console myself with the thought that the circumstances led to the appointment of Warburton who I'm sure will prove to be a great Rangers manager.

Says it all really - Gers supporters knew, our opponents knew, Mark Hateley knew.

Ally McCoist didn't know, Kenny McDowall didn't know and Ian Durrant didn't know.

All's well that ends well, if it is not well, then it has not ended - we'll be back - because WATP.

And Durrant is still with us, The Teflon man.

Not the first time MH has had a wee swipe at AM's training and coaching, or the lack of them.

CG was also only repeating WS's opinion of the team being "the worst Rangers team ever", as I recall him saying this in an interview just after he was chased out of Ibrox a second time not long after we got beaten by Forfar.

The one point I noticed in the article was that DW was praised for his superior fitness and that it allowed him to continue to play for us right up until he was "57" ........... I'll just put that down to the beans that MH had for breakfast I suppose. :lol:

Otherwise a good article and opinion, and one that should be aired so that we don't ever forget what we have been through as a Club and as a support, or the damage that was caused.

:uk:

Mcoist is done in my eyes , just glad we are moving on from his disaster of a tenure , hope his money is some form of comfort when one day he wakes up and reliases the reputation and legacy he once held within our support lies in tatters , hope when his contract ends its good riddance and he never steps foot in ibrox again