Barrie Mckay

thehost

What a difference from him last night playing on the left cutting inside, night and day from Sunday when he struggled out on the right.

Also can't see Templeton staring many more games if Barrie keeps last nights form up.

Amazing what happens when a manger believes in you. Boy is starting to find his feet and I thought he was superb last night.

When he bulks up a bit I think he will be a real talent for us.

Totally agree I think he would have been an asset last season, think he would have been a good provider for Boyd which he needed.

Barrie is so quick and I am so happy he's been given a much deserved chance.

Funny how we all said it since division three that the boy deserved his chance, only now that we have a manager capable of coaching and developing players are we seeing him get the game time he deserves. Long over due

Delighted for the young lad, his work ethic was great as well, tracking back and winning the ball, to think we've tried Stevie Smith and Peralta out wide when he was sitting at Morton/raith on loan. Infuriating

Not only did he play well but his movement created gaps which allowed Wallace to become so effective. Far prefer him and Walsh to Templeton.

Little between Barrie and Wallace for the motm award.

You make a great point. His understanding with Wallace down the left flank is very natural, and they play off each other rather well. It's also evident that there is a lot more discipline to his game now, and more consistency during a match.

The "bulks up" comment it very relevant.

Look at the physiques of the guys brought it - they all look like they work hard and look like real athletes. Scottish lads dont seem to put that level of dedication in. If I was McKay I would be looking at Waghorn or Kearnan and watching him in the gym to see his training regime and then copy it.

Him and Lewis were the 2 bright lights in the third division,this style of play always had me on the edge of my seat....another player almost lost due to McCoists atrocious management,i honestly thought we had seen the last of him in Rangers jersey when he was farmed out on loan and wasn't performing/showing poor attitude.

It's all perfectly understandable for the boy to be frustrated as the lack of coaching and man-management skills could have finished his full time career in the game.

Him and Lewis were the 2 bright lights in the third division,this style of play always had me on the edge of my seat....another player almost lost due to McCoists atrocious management,i honestly thought we had seen the last of him in Rangers jersey when he was farmed out on loan and wasn't performing/showing poor attitude.

It's all perfectly understandable for the boy to be frustrated as the lack of coaching and man-management skills could have finished his full time career in the game.

It is not just McCoist, it is Scottish football. McKay was on fringe of Raith / Morton teams when on loan. Now he is starting for a team well ahead of those 2. Scottish managers just don't let this type of player flourish

Amazing what happens when a manger believes in you. Boy is starting to find his feet and I thought he was superb last night.

When he bulks up a bit I think he will be a real talent for us.

Looks like a new player. Still has some work to do re his distribution and teamwork. But all in all, looking promising. Its amazing how much a bit of good coaching can do for a player.

Barrie was fantastic in division 3, I was so excited about him and I don't think any of us saw a reason why he would be dropped. There was talk about off-field problems or attitude problems so I don't know but ability wise he should never have left the team.

I'm glad we didn't ruin him though and he's back to what he was showing a couple of years ago. He was 17 when he burst on to the scene I'm sure, he's still young now but I'd have loved to see him being developed into the team properly back then.