• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player like Holt needs to be in a team that complements his style of play I think which is why he is shining under MW and found himself in and out of Hearts last season.

Read that on a Hearts forum. Most of then said his ability wasn't a problem it was just a case of Neilson preferring to play Gomis, Pallardo or Bauben because they were more physical.

Genuinely surprised by Holt, was more happy with the others we'd signed at the time, but as the games have gone on, he's got real ability, coupled with a sharp mind for picking passes, finding space and keeping the ball under control. Fast becoming a mainstay in the team IMO.

Cracking pass for Wallace's second.

He just might be a manager who does not need huge amounts to spend, one of the very few may I add.

Exactly perhaps he can find more gems maybe even better but agree you don't have to spend huge ammounts to get a good player especially to compete in Scotland lets be honest.

Excellent player who has shone since his first game,

He gets into those positions between midfield and attack that defenders and opposing midfielders so not want to go.

Good footballers look comfortable with the ball at their feet, Holt looks like he lives with the ball.

His performances remind me how little I know about football.. I didn't think he looked all that last season. I also thought we had enough midfielders but MW has him as first choice and it's clear as fluck to see why...

Great little player and could be worth a few bob for us in the coming seasons

Spoke to a Jambo at work about him yesterday. They all really rated him, and though the was a standout in the championship. However, most also thought he just didn't have enough ability to go to the next level. Said that he really improved when given a run of games, but was dropped frequently for other players & formations, and it took him a few games to get form back. Not sure how much of this is fact, but just passing on what he said.

From what I've seen, we could have a very good player on our hands. Hopefully he gets a good 15-20 game run and we can see what he's all about! No complaints so far from me. That ball for Wallace's 2nd v's St Mirren was a peach!