We Need Major Investment Over The Next 12 Months

GOAT

And don't forget their wage bill is far far higher than ours. No doubt van dijk will be off.. but they are still spending a lot every week. Doesn't Desmot give a fuck about making money? Surely the day will come when he says gtf. Must be a losing proposition for him. CL fitba' is now beyond their grasp .. Once we are back, they will slide slowly and agonisingly downhill towards relegation.

tumblr_md1p1fYyvh1qgytrco1_500.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My big worry of it all is that they have been stockpiling cash waiting for us to come back to our rightful place. Then Delia will be out the door and they'll be looking to bring in the equivalent of MW and give him the cash. I think Delia only got the job as he would be cheap and under the thumb. Never forget these scummy gits are devious, underhanded, corrupt and liars.

Key to this apart from MW is we have to give him funds to compete. Over to you DK.

My big worry of it all is that they have been stockpiling cash waiting for us to come back to our rightful place. Then Delia will be out the door and they'll be looking to bring in the equivalent of MW and give him the cash. I think Delia only got the job as he would be cheap and under the thumb. Never forget these scummy gits are devious, underhanded, corrupt and liars.

Key to this apart from MW is we have to give him funds to compete. Over to you DK.

I doubt they will have stockpiles of cash waiting on us coming back if so why would they be selling the donkey they have at the back who is still under contract till 2017 as far as im aware.Ever since we left the SPL and their failure to progress in CL they have been downgrading.The crowds and revenue are down and the standard of players they are looking at is down as well.No I don't believe they have any great stockpile of cash I just think they know now that we have a man at the helm who is going to lead us back to where this club belongs and they are having a TIMPLOSION.

I wouldn't be concerned about them. They haven't been stockpiling cash and will take a hit this year financially. They've also got an outstanding loan that is due a final repayment of £12.4m by July 2019.

the stockpiling of cash reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

As soon as we are back cellics chances of CL qualification half. They have 4 years of a free run so it would be more prudent to invest now while they are guaranteed the qualification stage as there is a significantly better chance of a return on investment. Investing and coming 2nd to us next year makes no sense. The tried to do it on the cheap and failed - with a little investment it could have been money in the bank.

Ergo - they dont actually have the money in the first place.

I honestly think we could take the mhanks with the team we have just now, so in another 12 months with perhaps a couple of astute signings we will be more than ready for them. With warburton at the helm and his contacts we will not need millions in my opinion.

I think we all need to stop quoting figures, £5m/£10-£15m etc. it's not about how much money we spend on players it's about adding value to the team (as Warburton has so eloquently put it) if we get hung up on spending millions on marquee signings I think a lot of people are going to end up very disappointed.

Look at this season, we've hardly spent a dime in Net terms and look how far we've come. I think it's more important to invest in the infrastructure such as scouting, youth set up, coaches and Murray park.

I'd rather see us do this and invest in the future of our club properly bringing on players like McKay or Macleod, and then play the transfer market correctly - unearth more gems like Holt and Tav who will be worth a profit in a few years.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy if we spent the amounts of money people are talking about, I'm saying there is a danger we're focusing on one area - when investment is needed holistically across the club.

I don't agree with a single word of this. We don't need major investment, we need a scouting system that will get us value for money; the manager said value, and he proved adept at doing that. We have a manger who will look at Auchenhowie, and what we can produce there, and astute signings that will bring value on and off the park. There is a long term objective at this club now, and if we do this properly then it could lead to bright days ahead. Warburton will bring this club to the top, and he is already showing that he can possibly do that in a way we can afford.

Agree with you here mate. If the last 4 years have taught us anything, it should be that the manager is the most important signing and investment that can be made. While no doubt some investment in the playing staff will be needed, the key will be the infrastructure...it looks like the board understand this and are moving us in the right direction. If Warburton is the success we all hope he is going to be then the golden handcuffs should be slipped on him.

Whether it's King living up to his promises or a share issue. After tonight's embarrassment for the tarriers and losing out the CL pot of gold, we are not that far behind them, some major investment in time for next season and we can challenge them straight away.

Tonight is massive IMO for us, them getting a £15-20m kitty could have been a disaster for us.

I agree with a lot you say GOAT but we don't need to spend until this season is in the bag, this team and this manager are well on their way (a striker might be useful, and Eustace to be fit and good for an extended period maybe).

Full stadiums, cup runs, and exciting football will generate money, and additional sales are an added bonus, but of course we will need to invest and build once we are guarantee'd to move up to the next level.

sure dave king said before the end of last season (along the lines of) that if we got promoted there would me more of an urgency to spend big than if we didn't.

happy with the manager and his signings so far and if king is as good as his word (don't laugh) then we can expect further investment prob january and the summer to make a challenge next year.

If we do well and players shone theres a good chance of losing them to english teams. Lets not kid ourselves that playing in the english prem is more attractive than the SPL. Id put the jambos in with a shot of taking the title from septic. They have a good young squad who ran away with it last year and think they will chase the tims all the way. We need another couple of players, an out and out striker for one,then i think we will be good. But what about the loan players we will lose at the end of the season??

I'm confident that we will have the investment we require.

But its equally important that our current squad continue to develop until the time that we are able to compete for entry into the CL. Our style of play is also an important factor beyond finance, and was, in my opinion, one reason why they failed last night.

They were simply one-dimensional, lacked pace, direction and were careless on the ball - very similar to our team last season. Warburton's style of play is the way ahead.

I certainly hope theres investment because we're on their coat tails now. But it seems King wants the fans to pay for everything

For every football team/business the fans have to pay for everything. Maybe not directly, but always, eventually: everything from tv rights and tickets and shares and shirts. It doesn't work any other way.