We Need Major Investment Over The Next 12 Months

GOAT

My mhank mate from work was making a big deal over the fact I was supporting Malmö.

Except for the fact the whole of Scottish football would not support us in Europe and wish us dead, I told him I don't want the gap getting any bigger.

Anyway, Celtic need us back challenging, how have the faired in Europe ever since we left the spl?

There's no such thing, in my eyes.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything it will take less investment now that they've failed to qualify for the CL again.

I don't buy the fact that it'll take "major investment" to challenge them. We just need to keep doing what we've been doing since Warburton came in and that's adding value on and off the pitch for the right price. If we keep doing that, we'll be challenging them sooner rather than later.

We are making progress while they aren't.

Had the same thought when I watched them play Dundee Utd the other day. They're shite. Slack pass after slack pass. I think it would be a very interesting fixture if we get them in the cup this season.

They would certainly find it tougher against us than last season.

I think it will also be interesting to see how Hearts can deal with them in the league.

We definitely need to get some real investment in and soon.

We need to have a good scoutng network set up and running in the next few months to give them any chance of compiling a good list of options for next season.

We need to have the money sitting to be quick to snap up players that Warburton wants in his side.

I don't think we need to go back to the days of giving people 25k+ a week to play for us and spending 5m on a player, but we do need to have a significant warchest sitting if we are serious about challenging them right away.

15-20m would be ideal, that could be enough to get us to where we need to be.

And the bottom line is we were told that significant money would be invested, so they should be held to that. I am sure the fans will do their bit in the share issues and snap up a lot of shares too, which lessens the amount we need from others. The full houses will be a great thing for us again too, that's a lot of money coming through the doors ever other week.

So, yeah. I agree with GOAT.

I'd suggest you're pished and should probably go to bed before you say something that gets you banned.

I just say what I think. And I'm not the only one who thinks you're a fucking wrong un....

You're the one who has to be carefull from being banned......

I'm sure you will be carefull for a while, but the bitterness always comes out eventually....

;)

I think we need 3 or 4 key signings to be challenging them for the league next season. A quality centre half, centre mid, a striker and probably a winger.

Can't really put a price on these types of players because I'd imagine there is a few Warburton will have his eye on in the lower leagues of England similar to Tav and Waghorn. Some of them could be out of contact and our style of football, management team and crowds this season could all be massive influences on who we are able to bring in.

Still think we're a bit behind. We need a good solid CDM in there and as much as I love him Andy Halliday is not the answer. Move Waghorn wide and get a top quality striker in. I don't mean Stevie May, I mean top quality of Jelavic standard and we'll be ready to give them a run for the league imo. We need another RB in I reckon because if Tav keeps this form up he'll be gone at the end of the season maybe even January. Fingers crossed we tell any team who come sniffing to fuck off.

If we drew them this year in the cup if would be interesting to see how far we are from them compared to last season. They could have taken 6/7 off us if they wanted in that cup game. Bar the thumb and Gordon in goal, they are a pretty average side. Think we could give them a good game this season.

It is certainly an exciting time again to be a Rangers fan. It's the least we deserve after all the shite we've put up with the last 3 years.

I just say what I think. And I'm not the only one who thinks you're a fucking wrong un....

You're the one who has to be carefull from being banned......

I'm sure you will be carefull for a while, but the bitterness always comes out eventually....

;)

21on4v4.png

There's my season ticket. Shows what you know could be written on the back of a stamp. ;)

Anyone that doesn't think we'd need substantial investment to win the SPFL again needs to open their eyes. Celtic have hoovered up all the talent for cheap while we've been away, there's no doubt they're ahead in these terms atm, like it or not.

I don't agree with a single word of this. We don't need major investment, we need a scouting system that will get us value for money; the manager said value, and he proved adept at doing that. We have a manger who will look at Auchenhowie, and what we can produce there, and astute signings that will bring value on and off the park. There is a long term objective at this club now, and if we do this properly then it could lead to bright days ahead. Warburton will bring this club to the top, and he is already showing that he can possibly do that in a way we can afford.

I agree with the sentiment but not the first line - if we are going to have European aspirations some cash will have to be spent - it may not be 10s of millions firbinstance Jelavic cost £4m and that was good business - quality comes at a price - higher quality higher price! It will be a budget thing tho' and we have to work on a sustainable budget

I dont think we are that far away from them at the moment. I would be very confident of winning against any team in the SPL, other than the soap dodgers, as we stand just now. A decent striker and a strong midfielder and we would be competing.

I don't agree with a single word of this. We don't need major investment, we need a scouting system that will get us value for money; the manager said value, and he proved adept at doing that. We have a manger who will look at Auchenhowie, and what we can produce there, and astute signings that will bring value on and off the park. There is a long term objective at this club now, and if we do this properly then it could lead to bright days ahead. Warburton will bring this club to the top, and he is already showing that he can possibly do that in a way we can afford.

And all of that costs money which can't be covered just by ST sales.

Yes, we need investment but anyone thinking the scum won't also drop money on the table is deluded. They have downsized for a reason - with bo competition to the CL qualifiers they want te bare minimum to see them there and to attempt to compete. If we drop £20 million on the table, be assured they'll scramble the same amount from wherever they've stashed money to try and get that CL place secured.

You have to speculate to accumulate and they know that only too well.

Every club needs to invest every year or they stagnate, we will be no different

We have what looks like a gem of a manager let's hope we give him the tools to make us champions

Yep this - and if we want to be creditable in Europe, which gives us some 'real' cash we will have to invest to do so. A great manager can only go so far without some cash.

Disaster for them, brilliant for us.

They will struggle to get over 30 thousand at the shithole now unless they draw us.

Be interesting to see how we go about our business next season, buzzing already.

If they do get us at the piggery it will be a cup game so we get 50% after expenses :-)

They've made a profit of around £20Mil on Ki, Wanyama and Hooper alone. They'll probably make another £5-8Mil profit on Van Djik. If we could take that away from them, a main source of their income goes too. It's up to the manager which of the targets found by the scouting system are signed, but If we find one player worth £5Mil in profit a year, then we're much better off than we are now.

we only ever hear about the ones they madea profit on. what about the flops - Balde, Pikku, Murphy and all the others signed for a couple of million a pop who never made it? They easily drain away all the profir from the good buys.

BTW, I reckon we need a maximum of £172,000 to overtake them.

Exactly. Dear dear here we go again lets spend 20 million to beat who?. How much do we think Malmo have spent to reach the group stages of the CL 10,15,20,25 million I doubt it.Some on here even last week saying the scum would walk all over us,really.They have been shown up yet again by good footballing sides.Did teams like Legia Warsaw, Maribor spend 20 million doubt that and still beat that shower of shit

They have been downgrading since we left the SPL, anyone can see that.They know that they don't have to spend 20 million to win the SPL but that's where the tricky work comes in.Spending what it takes to win SPL but not enough to get into CL group stages.Do you spend 20 million and " MAYBE " get into the CL group stages and get that 20 million back or do you do what clubs like Malmo have done and spend a minimum but get a good team playing good football and reach the group stages and draw in 4/5 times the money they have put out.

We have tried throwing millions at CL football over the years and ended up paying players 25,000 a week to play against such giants of football like ICT,Kilmarnock,St Midden etc etc.We now have a man at the helm who maybe just maybe will get us making even bigger strides forward without the need to be spending tens of millions.

I agree, but by major investment in 12 months, maybe wrongly, I assumed that this meant heavy investment in first team signings. Our priority is a structure at the club that gets us value; and you are right to point out that this will need investment. I think we are going about things the right way, and it will be interesting to see how this all develops.

I agree with the sentiment but not the first line - if we are going to have European aspirations some cash will have to be spent - it may not be 10s of millions firbinstance Jelavic cost £4m and that was good business - quality comes at a price - higher quality higher price! It will be a budget thing tho' and we have to work on a sustainable budget

I agree, and if it is done within a predetermined structure then it will be done a lot more properly.