Mccoist Going Back Into Tv Work

WATBB

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the comparisons coming between what he was trying to get us to do and what we are currently doing....

"Tavernier is getting forward well on the right hand side, just like Ricky Foster did when I was in charge"

"Danny Wilson is winning everything that comes into the box, just like big Jig!"

"Rangers have had some nice possession, just as we did when I was manager"

I hope he is more involved with games down south and in the champions league at least to start with. No one will be able to take him seriously as a pundit on our games.

Brilliant.

Coming to a TV screen near you! Near, as in, 'in yer living room.'

Now all the Super Ally Bingo players with the high-blood pressure can shout abuse at the telly and throw stuff at the screen. This will no doubt be good news for their long-suffering wives, husbands or partners.

Everyone's a winner.

So, what do we think of 'Rangers legend' Ally Mccoist then?

Depressing really when we consider these are the the opinions of Rangers fans.

Erm... You just quoted a bunch of scumbags.

Rangers fans aren't all like those bitter wee nobodies who vent their rotten spleens on the Internet y'know.

He'll get an interesting response, should he turn up to Rangers game, and it would be slightly amusing to see him describe his successor's dazzling football.

Any criticism of us would be taken with a silo of salt.

We may well see in the future, I would be amazed if he didn't receive a very warm response. Not everyone is like us obsessive forum posters who heighten everything to a ridiculous degree. I remember Souness coming back to manage for a testimonial game or a benefit one or something many year's ago, and he got pelters because he was still detested for walking out to go to Liverpool, now, I have got well over it and appreciate the great things he did for us. Ditto with Ally, I don't think that what has happened in the last 12-18months even comes close to the amazing decades before.

Rangers fans aren't all like those bitter wee nobodies who vent their rotten spleens on the Internet y'know.

True. I should perhaps added some Rangers fans for clarity I wasn't generalizing. I remember other club fans coming out with similar vitriol when he was a player and thinking he's getting under their skin... now... yes again some disagree about the morality issues re money - I'm not happy with it myself but...

depressing.

Leaving the worst football in our history aside, what do you make of the timing of the 'settlement' the day before it leaks out that he's got a fat BT punditry contract sitting there?

Do you think that makes yesterday's 'doing it for the loyal fans / club' statement a bit disingenuous?

Nothing - Ally gets a new job - no issue with that - no issue with him getting paid his contract (if indeed he did - depends which rumours you believe)

Just don't get all the OTT hate aimed at him EVEN if he was a poor manager. Nothing he has done warrants the abuse that he has got in these threads.

As a support we have a lot of anger - such a shame it was directed at someone who stood up for us and by us. Still for some its good to have a wee target to kick out at!

Leaving the worst football in our history aside, what do you make of the timing of the 'settlement' the day before it leaks out that he's got a fat BT punditry contract sitting there?

Do you think that makes yesterday's 'doing it for the loyal fans / club' statement a bit disingenuous?

:lol:

:lol:

I can see it now. Champions league Semi Final, second leg. Real are trailing to Bayern with 15 minutes to go.

Commentator: "How can Real turn this deficit around Ally?"

Ally: "Well eh, aye, I mean, they can start hoofing the ball up and hope for a break, that worked for me sometimes against Queens Park"

:anguish:

I'm sure Celtic fans love the fact that 'we' have ostracized one of our best ever players and one that so often broke their hearts. FFS, we should be protecting our own (despite what you may feel about the terms of his contract).

You really need to wise up. McCoist could and should have resigned long before now. The only reason he didn't was due to the huge wages he was being paid. The only reason he is going now is due to a new job available and the fact his RFC contract expires in December. McCoist is a disgrace.

You really need to wise up. McCoist could and should have resigned long before now. The only reason he didn't was due to the huge wages he was being paid. The only reason he is going now is due to a new job available and the fact his RFC contract expires in December. McCoist is a disgrace.

McCoist did resign. In december.

Do you think BT will be paying him anywhere close to what we were?

McCoist did resign. In december.

Do you think BT will be paying him anywhere close to what we were?

I think I heard that he was on 17k a week, doubt BT pay that much.

Ally has probably taken the equivalent of his contract for the time he took no wages and a reduction in his salary, so overall he's lost nothing.