Daily Record Headline

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the majority of his statements since he landed have been quite harmful to the club. Flourishes like; 'We will win the league comfortably', 'five new players', 'we will have five Scott Allans'... Is he the self-appointed director of football now ? The stridency in his words will have to be backed up with serious capital, as this won't be forgotten next season.

And for fuck sake, if there wasn't a stronger case for letting sleeping dogs lie, he drags up this oldco nonsense.

He is entitled to an opinion when asked his thoughts on the playing squad. He made it very clear throughout that ghats exactly what it was. His own personal opinion. The decision will be up to the manager. Something else he made clear.

that's all fine and dandy but one club two company's?? What about the shareholders of newco? Will this affect shares issued and the price.

I just think we should be moving forward, It's a nice romantic idea but it will all come down to money and shareholders of newco not just Mr King.

I have abslutely no idea why he would make this public. By all means try to do it if there is some financial benefit from being able to pursue legal action for the wrongs done but why say it in the press?

Totally agree.

If he feels there is benefit in doing this, he should have tried to get it sorted out under the radar and only announced it when it was done and dusted. He has just gave our detractors another thing to feed off, short term and long term if he is not successful.

I don't get all this shit about "giving the tims ammo".

Who gives a fuck what they think?

They're a deluded bunch of obsessed fuckwits with no lives and an inferiority complex who deny reality, even when its spelt out to them by every institution in world football that actually matters. Why should we cater to these arseholes? The day Rangers make decisions based solely on the reaction from the tinks is the day we really are no longer Rangers.

On to the topic at hand, by all means, merge the two companies. It would personally give me a sense of closure on this sad period of our clubs history.

Side note, is there any chance the Oldco might come out of this with a positive bank balance? If results go our regarding court cases and the BTC and we successfully chase down all the shysters and rinse them for damages, would it be enough to pay off the creditors with some left over? I lost touch with the whole oldco mess ages ago, how do things sit at the moment? Still an over complicated clusterfuck?

He is entitled to an opinion when asked his thoughts on the playing squad. He made it very clear throughout that ghats exactly what it was. His own personal opinion. The decision will be up to the manager. Something else he made clear.

'I think this is something the supporters would like, to put this to bed'

Yes, I think we as a support have rather outgrown the tutelage of 'here-today-gone-tomorrow' guardians we rely on for finance making sure our feelings are well protected and that our best interests and commitments are better communicated to our enemies by the Dear Leader in high dudgeon. We experienced it with David Murray and his '90-minute bigot' thesis and it carried forth to the contemporary ramblings of Charles Green and his acolytes talking about sectarianism when the need to subdue an unsettled Supporters Trust arrived.

We are too easily convinced by these 'call-to-arms' speeches from Chairmen yet to deliver anything.

If he can stop the liquidation, he'll be able to get his £20m back.

Wonder if the other guys who bought a seat for life will get anything back?

If King does nothing else and BDO accept his claim he will get paid anyway. Taking the oldco out of liquidation would happen after BDO litigate etc and the creditors get paid. King included if his claim is valid. The idea of bringing old and new together doesn't affect Kings chances of being treated as a creditor.