Daily Record Headline

I don't think Dave King says anything in public without thinking it through first. He's always really measured in his answers to questions and the words he uses. He's not daft - there will be a reason for this.

As for what others say...I don't give a monkeys bum, they're running scared so it's only going to get worse as they see us coming for them.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to given King a chance but this shite confirms what a charlatan he truly is, this is all bullshit bluster, this isn't for anything other than to hook the fans in and tell us what we all want to here, hence his idiotic terminolgy throughout.

He's just gave every Rangers hater in the Country fresh long lasting ammo

I agree with this mate .The football side has worked a treat and as he has said in his own words "taken the pressure of us " Lots still to do but some of the stuff he comes out with is nauseating .Just get things done before spouting your mouth off if you please

Mixed views on this. Though the oldco is not Rangers, it is part of Rangers, so getting it back is worth a look, but I wouldn't have thought anyone would want to go near it with the HMRC tax case still rumbiling on?

I reckon he knows something mate as I think the judges have already made their decision. However we won't find out for a few more weeks.

Is this not exactly the same sort of playing to the gallery shite that we heard from whyte and green? The fact he's going on about tradition etc.... We don't need tradition we need a stable financially secure club, that's as free from debt as possible.

It sounds from the interview like currently the amount of money the club has isn't enough to see us through to the end of the season, so in other words we're still hand to mouth and fundamentally unstable? I thought we were supposed to be moving away from spending more than we can afford.

It seems to me there's a section of support that would be happy if we run by a consortium of nick leeson, bernie madoff, and Robert maxwells ghost, as long as they promised to do things the rangers way.

Maybe you could explain the middle paragraph? What makes you think this? Didn't he say elsewhere he felt he had underspent in terms of players coming in and also season tickets sales had been better than projected and budgeted for?

Can I just say Dave king has delivered on every promise he has made.

Share issue is taking time but is gathering pace - excellent management team in place - board level appointments made and we now have a solid team - management was given support to make all of the singings required.

If he pulls this out the bag he will be on my good guy list!

On a footballing level W&w have sorted out the academy and made appointments.

The whole club is looking great in every aspect.

Listen, B1872; Fair play to you, mate. (tu)

You have been calling this for absolutely ages. More than a few posters owe you an apology for the flak you took, especially in the B&F forum.

Even though I didn't give you grief, I shall kick it off by saying I am sorry I didn't consider your point-of-view valid.

I guess a lot of us have had our heads in the sand for a few years.

I would like to see this happen. It would just feel right. Especially if we can pay off some of the creditors. Hopefully the small businesses at the low end of the earning scale first.

Whit? Where has this came from

How much will it cost us? I would rather that cash is used on the playing squad

If we can do it cheaply then why not but he new club pish doesn't bother me cos its a lot of shite and they know it.

Now that we are not being run by carpet-baggers, perhaps the time has come to pay our dues and settle our debts.

I expect Rangers to stick to the practice of sporting integrity, even if all the others don't.

In my opinion someone at the club needs to have a word with Dave King and tell him that every visit to these shores doesn't require him to hold several meetings with various members of the media. Getting on with the job of rebuilding the infrastructure of the business is the priority, of that there is no doubt but that should be done in private.A simple in-house interview with RTV would suffice

To give a personal opinion on team/squad requirements.

To remark upon Scott Allan who isn't wasn't and never will be one of our players

To bring up the subject of merging oldco & the assets of newco

To thank the former manager for accepting a termination deal, when it's clear to all that this was purely done to allow him to take up new employment where he will give his professional opinion on tactics/ formations/ team selection etc.

All of the above was unnecessary and has achieved nothing except sensationalist headlines for newspapers and ammunition for our haters.

As King says it preserves the honour of the club.

Also provides a direct and unquestionable link to our history and heritage.

What's wrong with any of that ?

Why would some posters choose to be no longer directly associated with the achievements of the oldco, which were our heritage ?

This

Listen, B1872; Fair play to you, mate. (tu)

You have been calling this for absolutely ages. More than a few posters owe you an apology for the flak you took, especially in the B&F forum.

Even though I didn't give you grief, I shall kick it off by saying I am sorry I didn't consider your point-of-view valid.

I guess a lot of us have had our heads in the sand for a few years.

I would like to see this happen. It would just feel right. Especially if we can pay off some of the creditors. Hopefully the small businesses at the low end of the earning scale first.

Cheers mate!

Ever since the start of this whole thing it's never sat right with me and to me getting the oldco back would mean we vindication that the last 4 years we've been victims in a crime. I know a lot of folk don't care but for me it would go some way for making up for the way we've been treated the last 4 years or so.

Same club, two different companies. Doesn't matter one jot which company the club is associated with - history, trophies and world records all remain.

They can call us 'sevco' all they want - the fact they still care about hating our club so much shows me that deep down they no the truth. We are Rangers, always have been and always will be.

Same club, two different companies. Doesn't matter one jot which company the club is associated with - history, trophies and world records all remain.

They can call us 'sevco' all they want - the fact they still care about hating our club so much shows me that deep down they no the truth. We are Rangers, always have been and always will be.

It doesn't matter one bit. It didn't matter then, doesn't matter now, and will continue not to matter in the future. It's just a tool for trying to wind us up, and also highlights the level of jealousy there is towards us.

Noticed the question as well about the "toxic brand" of the club. I honestly believe the brand of our club has taken so much abuse that a move like this would go some way of repairing that.

Sound business plans and no return to the Sir Minty days or any of the last 4 years will see the brand shine again.