WATBB

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rhecord think they've located the fan in this picture:

JS35748810.jpg
Celtic had to write to fans after complaints about the smelly supporter

CELTIC bosses wrote to a section of fans after complaints over a smelly supporter.

Stunned fans received a letter reminding them not to turn up for matches with excessive BO.

The letter was originally thought to be a hoax but it transpired that officials had indeed acted to help create reduce the negative “impact” of the pong.

Celtic’s supporter liaison officer, John Paul Taylor, penned the letter after being officially approached by fans.

The letter, sent to one section of the main stand’s season ticket holders, claimed the smell was “impacting on the experience” of the match.

Taylor later took to Twitter, saying: “I can exclusively reveal its genuine, dispatched at the request of incumbents within the locale.”

Club officials refused to comment on the issue.

Taylor’s role, backed by UEFA, is designed to ensure that fans have a dedicated point of contact to represent the needs of fans.

Come on you BOs in green

CELTIC chiefs have written to supporters about personal hygiene - after complaints about a smelly fan.

Notes were sent to several season ticket holders over concerns raised about the whiffy spectator.

The letter sparked amusement on Twitter with some even thinking it was a wind up by CHEEKY Rangers fans.

It read: "We have been contacted recently by fans within the section regarding personal hygiene issues which are impacting on the enjoyment of some supporters.

"We would therefore like to ask everyone to please ensure that the enjoyment of your fellow supporters is not impacted and that everyone within the area maintains an acceptable standard of personal hygiene."

The letter - dated August 28 and signed by Supporter Liasion Officer John Paul Taylor - was put on Twitter by fans site Celtic Underground.

The supporter who took the picture - going by the name Paul Browne on Twitter - said it wasnt a hoax by rival fans.

fan_letter_2487702a.jpg

Fan posted picture of letter on Twitter

He said: "Genuine folks, thats my thumb on the picture.

"Sent to a number of us in main stand."

celttweet1_2487706a.jpg

Another said: "I can exclusively reveal it's genuine, dispatched at the request of incumbents within the locale."

TWEET3_2487707a.JPG

Celtic fan John joked: "An opportunity for a Celtic branded deodorant or shower gel perhaps? ;)"

While Roll on IndyRef 2 said: "Pope on a rope in the toilets?"

But other fans - fed up at recent poor performances on the park - were less amused.

A supporter, using the twitter handle, Kerrydale Meltdown, said: "Personal hygiene issues is the last thing the board should be worried about. Lawwell out!

Opposition fans were quick rib Hoops followers over the letter.

One fan said: "loool a Celtic fan complaining about another Celtic fan's hygiene... Lol oh the irony ."

Gordon Herd wrote: "Did Celtic really send out letters about personal hygiene? LMAO (Laughing my ass off)!"

And Kenny wrote: "If that Celtic letter about personal hygiene is true, its the greatest thing on the Internet."

Celtic declined to comment.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I expect a formal apology for branding Rangers fans cheeky.....in saying that i'd rather be cheeky than stinking.

Come on you BOs in green

CELTIC chiefs have written to supporters about personal hygiene - after complaints about a smelly fan.

Notes were sent to several season ticket holders over concerns raised about the whiffy spectator.

The letter sparked amusement on Twitter with some even thinking it was a wind up by cheeky Rangers fans.

It read: "We have been contacted recently by fans within the section regarding personal hygiene issues which are impacting on the enjoyment of some supporters.

"We would therefore like to ask everyone to please ensure that the enjoyment of your fellow supporters is not impacted and that everyone within the area maintains an acceptable standard of personal hygiene."

The letter - dated August 28 and signed by Supporter Liasion Officer John Paul Taylor - was put on Twitter by fans site Celtic Underground.

The supporter who took the picture - going by the name Paul Browne on Twitter - said it wasnt a hoax by rival fans.

fan_letter_2487702a.jpg

Fan posted picture of letter on Twitter

He said: "Genuine folks, thats my thumb on the picture.

"Sent to a number of us in main stand."

celttweet1_2487706a.jpg

Another said: "I can exclusively reveal it's genuine, dispatched at the request of incumbents within the locale."

TWEET3_2487707a.JPG

Celtic fan John joked: "An opportunity for a Celtic branded deodorant or shower gel perhaps? ;)"

While Roll on IndyRef 2 said: "Pope on a rope in the toilets?"

But other fans - fed up at recent poor performances on the park - were less amused.

A supporter, using the twitter handle, Kerrydale Meltdown, said: "Personal hygiene issues is the last thing the board should be worried about. Lawwell out!

Opposition fans were quick rib Hoops followers over the letter.

One fan said: "loool a Celtic fan complaining about another Celtic fan's hygiene... Lol oh the irony ."

Gordon Herd wrote: "Did Celtic really send out letters about personal hygiene? LMAO (Laughing my ass off)!"

And Kenny wrote: "If that Celtic letter about personal hygiene is true, its the greatest thing on the Internet."

Celtic declined to comment.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad he confirmed that was his thumb , I thought it was lee griffiths trying to photobomb the picture

Let's just hope the good people of Amsterdam are all down wind when these mhanky tramps arrive to cause mayhem. It would be hilarious if the 'AJAX' fans were to put SMELLY at the start of their fenian bastards banner. Ghad!!!! Whats that big scab on Griffiths face. Scurvy by any chance.

I just can't stop laughing, it's fairly picked me up, even when I was in the shower this morning I burst out laughing. I wonder if the Dutch lads will have a banner about it, might be too soon for them to get one ready. Anybody know any of the Dutch fans to get it started!