Oduwa & Zelalem

simon

wether they are young and will learn, or they were off the boil, or their heads went down or whatever, its matters not a jot

fact is since they both came into the team our performances have gotten worse, not last season worse, not by a long shot, but compare the dumbarton game to the alloa game

so either warburton is trying to gel them into the way he wants us to play (evident from the start of the season) and they simply havent done it yet, or he is happy for our early season style to be altered slightly to accomodate these 2 boys, but the fact remains we have been sluggish and slow for weeks now and it coincides with them both starting games

its alright saying they are the best players we have, better than him or someone else, but the best players still need to fit into a system and so far zelalem and oduwa arent fitting in as well as we'd hoped, it may come in time, and given the cakewalk the league looks then they probably have time, however we'd all like a good crack at a major domestic honour this season and we will come up against teams like and better st johnstone, and thats where we cannot carry any passengers

This is why I felt we should have gone back to having them on the bench

Would still not have helped the defending anyway

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of players in our team that would easily get into the St Johnstone team, anything can happen in a one of game and we are obviously to good for this division, it was definitely the formation that lost us that game, we have a young team, nothing to worry about yet!

It wasn't the formation that lost the game, it was the defending.

it was both tbf, defending starts from the front, but when you have oduwa, zelalem, waghorn and holt in what is effectively a midfield 5, you dont get much backtracking from them, leaving a back 4 plus halliday to hold the fort

I was hoping for a few more defence splitting passes from Gedion and I thought that Nathan slowed down the play when we were pushing for a second. He would have been better making runs into the box looking to draw fouls.

Anyway, they are young and will learn.

Unlike some of our 'fans'. Also the match thread had a lot of new faces who don't normally comment on match threads. Weird that.

Plus it had lots of the same old moaners -- some of whom are at their happiest when we are toiling.

It wasn't the formation that lost the game, it was the defending.

It was the two fullbacks pushed up so much Halliday had to try and cover both sides. Warburton got it wrong last night, Miller playing and McKay sitting sub was another strange move.

Its a learning process for Warburton as well as he's been in management long, i think he will learn from this as will the players.

Oduwa is the worst player I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

Couple of flicks (a failed one might I add) and you're in the papers all over the country. He's done absolutely nothing.

Never seen a player care more about himself than the team. Only interested in how he looks. Dances on the ball and gets absolutely nowhere.

Zelalem is decent at passing, that's about it. Man down defending, utterly useless going back the way. Must be about 3 stone under weight, not a bit of muscle on him. Physique of a twig.

Ball, I can't even be bothered addressing him. Not a football player.

Send all 3 of them back.

Your a fucking retard and sadly there are a few thick cunts with the brain span of a goldfish like you in our support as proven by the mental posts being made on this forum over the last few days.

Our fan base has always been the same. We're fickle as fuck.

Don't blame the whole fan base just blame the relatively few fucking retards that have no intelligence such as the belter I quoted above and Danger Ranger or whatever the fuck he is called.

Don't blame the whole fan base just blame the relatively few fucking retards that have no intelligence such as the belter I quoted above and Danger Ranger or whatever the fuck he is called.

(tu)

Thankfully it seems to be just the 'internet loyal' who are thick as fucking shite. I've never once came across someone in a boozer or at a game who has come out with some of the absolute horse shit I've read on here since last night.

Your a fucking retard and sadly there are a few thick cunts with the brain span of a goldfish like you in our support as proven by the mental posts being made on this forum over the last few days.

You sir are a fukking disgrace and my mate Wa... Wa.... Wa...Wanda says you do all goldfish a grave disservice :D

There's some fucking mental comments on here.

We've either got loads of Tarriers in here or heavy drug users.

We've had a defeat and suddenly the tactics need to change, a couple of the players are the 'worst to wear a shirt'. The two boys mentioned in this thread have had a couple of iffy games, ones a winger who will go missing. The other looks to me like, potentially, one of the best footballers we've had here for a number of years. People seem to forgot the group has been together for 3 months, still getting used to things in terms of style. This defeat will give us food for thought. Mark will learn a lot in terms of players, style and breaking teams down.

People need to stop getting fucked and posting shite on here!

I totally understand where the OP is coming from.

With that said I totally understand others when they say "christ we moaned when we played boring.."

What I think we all ultimately are searching for is a balance between the two. We don't want to be 11 men behind the ball and we don't want to be lightweight and flashy to the extent we get nothing done.

I think there's an argument for the following;

Replace Wilson with Ball OR push ball into midfield (his first position is defensive mid).

Have Law on from the start and if he's not up to scratch bring on Shiels.

Leave Zelalem on the bench and bring him on when it suits.

Put Oduwa up front with Waghorn and Mckay OR leave him on the bench and bring him on when it suits.

McKay starts.

Miller comes off the bench if at all.

I don't know if I've missed anything or anyone thinks I'm wrong on something but just now we are not attacking with the tempo nor cutting edge that justify's having a light midfield.

Some justification;

Law isn't a game changer but has worked much harder when starting this season, Shiels on the other hand seems to be anonymous from the start but impacting when he's a sub.

Zelalem and Oduwa shouldn't be both on the pitch if we're shipping goals and struggling to attack. In theory they should make us deadly going forward but the last weeks suggests that young legs could do with alternating their time on the pitch or making the impact sub appearance.

Miller can moan all he likes he doesn't merit starting if he's not scoring, he can make subs appearances worthwhile and his own by coming on against tired legs and less experienced minds.

Ball should just be used more full stop.

I'm assuming W&W know of all the issues.

When we get to the SPL I'm sure that we'll get in the players he believes will put us in a better position.

A really effective DCM who knows the position (probably like Eustace - Who I don't think will be upto a full season in the SPL)

But at the minute we're still very much at the early stages of the project.

We need to do little or nothing in terms of changes to win this league. We'll be a stronger side in the next couple of months, coincidently, probably aided by this defeat!

He's already said as much as his plan B is to get better at plan A, so I doubt our style, formation, out look will change.

How many times have people said that players need a run in a team? We are far too eager to fuck a player(s) off for 1 or 2 under par games.

We've almost been spoiled by the speed in which the team gelled and the results we've had upto the StJ game. Now people are looking for change and scapegoats for a defeat! I think we could play them 10 times with exactly the same team and would beat them more times than we would be beaten.

I thought Zelalem did try to play some killer passes through to the strikers but they were cut out.

Oduwa will always be one of those guys who delights and infuriates the fans in equal measure, outrageous skills when things come off but sometimes dwelling too much on the ball and going round in circles.

They're both creative players, they can be partly blamed for us only scoring one, but not for shipping three at the other end.

It was the two fullbacks pushed up so much Halliday had to try and cover both sides. Warburton got it wrong last night, Miller playing and McKay sitting sub was another strange move.

Its a learning process for Warburton as well as he's been in management long, i think he will learn from this as will the players.

Was resting McKay such a strange move? He looks as if he needs rested; there has appeared to have been less of the creative spark coming from him in the last couple of games.

Was resting McKay such a strange move? He looks as if he needs rested; there has appeared to have been less of the creative spark coming from him in the last couple of games.

I thought it was he offers more than any of the players started if a player was needed to rested it should have been Miller who for me is just an impact sub now.

I thought it was he offers more than any of the players started if a player was needed to rested it should have been Miller who for me is just an impact sub now.

I think him being rested has come at a good time; because sometimes when a player does go off the boil a little, then it can develop into a poor run of form. He'll be back soon enough, but I think there has been a slight dip from him; which is perfectly natural for player of his age and experience. I agree with you about Miller, but perhaps Clark's injury makes these decisions more difficult for the manager.

I think him being rested has come at a good time; because sometimes when a player does go off the boil a little, then it can develop into a poor run of form. He'll be back soon enough, but I think there has been a slight dip from him; which is perfectly natural for player of his age and experience.

I dont see it to be honest he would be my first name on the teamsheet.