*** The Official Greenock Morton V Rangers Match Thread ***

G.E.C.

Good first half. Cutting them open at will without throwing the 7 bodies forward going hung ho. Wallace and Holt both sitting back, that would have been worked on as a result of Tuesday. Zelalem controlling the game, Oduwa being a handful down the sides. Keeper having a good game.

Happy with this half.

I know we are 3-0 up and playing some great stuff.

But this defense gives me the fear!

I wonder how much you need to accept that if you play as open a game as we do that conceding goals is inevitable?

I suppose though any goal lost through a defensive mistake isn't acceptable whatever style your playing.

I know we play possession football but ffs sometimes on the edge of the box someone needs to put their foot through the ball and shoot

Tough to make complaints like that in a game where we're three up at half time.

This is more like it if we had played like this against St Johnstone there is no way we would have lost, yes St Johnstone are a level up from Morton but the gap isn't anywhere near as big as some make out. It's just unfortunate that we had far to many players putting in poor performances.

We played alright against Johnstone, it was our defensive errors that cost us. Remember Morton beat Motherwell that same night, as well as Hibs beating Aberdeen, but of course the Scottish media use our game to say the gap is huge.

The difference Barrie McKay makes compared to Kenny Millar is night and day, another couple of goals in the 2ND half will do rightly

Agree with that. When Kenny plays now he drops too deep and leaves us lacking options further up the pitch.

I know we play possession football but ffs sometimes on the edge of the box someone needs to put their foot through the ball and shoot

There was a good few times Oduwa was able to put the ball but instead dragged it back and tried to beat the man again. Frustrating as fuck.

Been a better game than expected. That was a great double save from big Wes.

Really entertaining match. Now just need Mckay and Oduwa to score for all five of my token bets to come in.

Credit to Morton for playing positive football and looking dangerous on the attack at times. I can see how they seen out Motherwell.