Dominic Ball Suggestion

broxi51

We have three loanees at the moment, and only two are playing regularly, it's hardly a problem ffs.

No ones said it was a 'problem' - I said it's a part of the clubs philosophy I don't really agree with, especially if we are to develop our 'own' players

No ones said it was a 'problem' - I said it's a part of the clubs philosophy I don't really agree with, especially if we are to develop our 'own' players

It's not just our clubs philosophy though is it, nearly every club throughout the world uses the loan market to their advantage and rightly so, and my point that we only have three loan players in is hardly upsetting the balance of playing and developing our own talent.

It's not just our clubs philosophy though is it, nearly every club throughout the world uses the loan market to their advantage and rightly so, and my point that we only have three loan players in is hardly upsetting the balance of playing and developing our own talent.

Ach it's 3 players out of about 20 getting first team games - to me it's a lot - but that's the way it is, not gonna throw the dummy oot o the pram about it

I've got a cracking idea.

Why not just leave the team as it is and make changes if and when required. The same team that is bringing almost 50,000 fans to Ibrox and battering every team we play against.

Why not allow them to Jel, learn each others game and form working partnerships.

you can't really improve on a 100% league record.

Davie Weir has forgotten more about defending than most of us will ever know, Wilson and Kiernan are W&W's preferred partnership,

The midfield central 3 containing Halliday and Holt is the same midfield that dominates games and tires opponents out,

The shift that the wee lad Holt puts in should never be underestimated, He make terrific runs and he creates space, When Waghorn comes short or goes wide Holt goes in behind. I would never have the wee man out my team.

Spot on CA

Holt does so much donkey work that appears to go un noticed

We seem to be setting ourself up as a development club - I don't really see the benefit in develping another clubs player ( after all many on here ( not you) just seem to think any decent player should be able to play, and develop, as long as we have a decent manager :pipe: )

The financial benefits can be a massive factor. Being able to bring in players on a fraction of their normal wage is something the club should always look at if the quality is there. Given the level of expectation here it also lets our younger players who would perhaps be on the fringes of the squad go out on loan and get vital experience of their own.

I hope we can continue to develop our own players. However, this takes time, in the meantime we must continue winning either through bringing in 'loan' players or spending in the xfer market. Unfortunately with no investment, tuneless I missed that report in the DR, in the club, the latter looks unlikely.

I hope we can continue to develop our own players. However, this takes time, in the meantime we must continue winning either through bringing in 'loan' players or spending in the xfer market. Unfortunately with no investment, tuneless I missed that report in the DR, in the club, the latter looks unlikely.

What do you think is keeping the lights on?

Don't like the idea of playing him as a defensive midfielder but have wanted to see him at centre half for a few weeks now. Hopefully soon. Also, the Eustace situation is becoming annoying.

The Eustace situation is pretty simple tbh once he is deemed fit enough he will be signed until then he will work on his fitness and work as a coach assisting Mr Weir and Mr Warburton.

If we are a development club - looking at revenue from transfers - then developing someone else's young player has no benefit to us.

I don't agree with the sentiment that we are a development club. Southampton would be a development club as they don't expect to win the league that they play in.

We are a club that must live within its means whilst at the same time striving to win every game we play in. If we can get millions for a player yet still win the league we are playing in does that make us a development club or a sensible well run club?

If a loan player helps us win the league or a cup then great. I want to see Rangers win that's the benefit.

If a loan player helps us be a better team and to win the league then great.

The financial benefits can be a massive factor. Being able to bring in players on a fraction of their normal wage is something the club should always look at if the quality is there. Given the level of expectation here it also lets our younger players who would perhaps be on the fringes of the squad go out on loan and get vital experience of their own.

Yep - I get all that - just have a preference not to do it to much or to often - for instance I think Tom Walsh, will not as naturally talented as oduwa would have benefited from the game time and contributed as much 'end product' but it's not a massive issue just a preference