Tavernier Today

graeme_4

Read people last week say he needed a rest too.

It's only just hit November and we've had time off with internationals. Wouldn't expect a player to be knackered at this stage of a season where there's not been an overflow of games.

We have fitness coaches, doctors and whatever else that monitors players fitness and health. Surely if he was burnt out these guys would know and the player would be rested?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crackin player , rotten defender.

Agreed, some of his defending today was very poor, even running at the defence he lost the ball more often than not!

Possibly trying to hard, earlier in the season he was shooting on site, now it looks like he's trying to score a wonder goal every week.

Hopefully he gets back his form soon, as you rightly say, he's a cracking player.

Rather see him play midfield as his defending is suspect tbh.

I says a while ago he was never a defender and got peltersfor it.in my opinion he's what was called a right half when I was a boy but he does fit into warburtons system in the position he's playing in.still think he's s cracking player but needs to get his mojo back.

Certainly at fault (along with goalie for second goal)for letting the c/h rag doll him at the corner.but people need to remember he is not a superstar. He is a young guy trying to rebuild his career and if he sticks at it I'm sure MW and DW will turn him into a fine player.

I think it's a sign of how far we've come that people think Tav was shit today. Only a worldly from oxley stopped him scoring. He was also solid on the ball and created going forward. He lost out a few times as well but actually suffered a wee bit by having a higher starting position and not joining in later with runs from deep.

If Darren Mcgregor (POTY) had played like this last year at Easter Road we would be raving.

That's how far we've come.

I think it's a sign of how far we've come that people think Tav was shit today. Only a worldly from oxley stopped him scoring. He was also solid on the ball and created going forward. He lost out a few times as well but actually suffered a wee bit by having a higher starting position and not joining in later with runs from deep.

If Darren Mcgregor (POTY) had played like this last year at Easter Road we would be raving.

That's how far we've come.

If DM played that we'll the whole of last season maybe we wouldn't have surrendered the title to an average Hearts team before Christmas.

Thought he was half and half today. He struggled to get past their left back at times but came into the game in the second half when we were on top. Was unlucky not to score too . Set pieces were piss poor. Needs to get back to basics

Read people last week say he needed a rest too.

It's only just hit November and we've had time off with internationals. Wouldn't expect a player to be knackered at this stage of a season where there's not been an overflow of games.

We have fitness coaches, doctors and whatever else that monitors players fitness and health. Surely if he was burnt out these guys would know and the player would be rested?

One would hope.

He did set some really high standards by his performances when he first burst on to the scene, if that was his norm no way would have he been bouncing around loan spells in the English lower divisions, he would have been a first team player in a middle EPL side.

What we are seeing now might be closer to his true long term form.

Ive got a small building company and when new guys come in they start with a bang having me wonder why they were not working, a few months down the line they miss Mondays, leave early on a Friday take other random days off and their work rate and quality generally drops, maybe the same applies to footballers.

Maybe he just isn't fit...or overtraining.

Something has cause it.

Not fit could be, but I doubt with all the attention to detail Mr Warburton puts into the team he would let someone play injured.

Honestly think they started the season like a steam train and thought this is easy took the foot off the gas and are having trouble getting into top gear again.