Jordan Thompson.

Clemdog

Reminiscent of thirty years ago, when we had a fleeting glimpse of what

should have been a major part of our midfield for years in Durrant and Derek Ferguson,

Yep if not for the hammer throwing thugs that play the game in Scotland. People wonder why Scotland is a football backwater.

Yep if not for the hammer throwing thugs that play the game in Scotland. People wonder why Scotland is a football backwater.

Neil Simpson robbed Scotland of a world class player, the bigots within the game will never appreciate this, Scotland will always be a back water when when a large number of the support glorify in the mans agony !!!!!

Just got up after the stamp as well

Love his attitude and looks to have good range of passing, weirdly reminded me of his namesake Kevin Thomson

He looks like he's got some bite in his challenges as well, which is what caused that ned to perform his petulant stamp. I hope Thompson gets some more time on the field. Only seen snippets so far but he looks like a real prospect.

Reminiscent of thirty years ago, when we had a fleeting glimpse of what should have been a major part of our midfield for years in Durrant and Derek Ferguson,

I remember watching Durrant and Ferguson at 18 years old bossing the bheasts midfield at the piggery in '85 and thought that was the future for us.

Thompson is more reminiscent of the young Ferguson for me. I hope his career doesn't go the same way.

Been very impressed with him in the u20's, as soon as he was signed to the Academy from Man United, Warburton bumped him into first team training. Obviously seen something.

Didn't look out of place at all yesterday, gutted he didn't put that effort away.

He didn't look out of place, normally when youth players come into the first team you can tell they are youth players, but credit to the system and credit to Jordan himself, looks like he will be a class player very soon.

The Man U youth system?

rqvmh0.jpg

I personally believe this tackle by Neil Simpson is the main reason for the premature ending of Durrants Career

No doubt about it,Durrant had the potential to be our only truly world class player since Slim Jim, until that piece of thuggery.

he needs to demand to get on the ball the way Zelalem does - he is always available, always looking to receive the ball and make a pass. It doesn't always work as last week when he came on against hibs showed, but Zelalems appetite to get on the ball is amazing. Young Mr Thompson needs to do that more and make the game revolve round him. Zelalem wont be here forever and i would love to see the potential Zelalem has reflected in Jordan as well.

he needs to demand to get on the ball the way Zelalem does - he is always available, always looking to receive the ball and make a pass. It doesn't always work as last week when he came on against hibs showed, but Zelalems appetite to get on the ball is amazing. Young Mr Thompson needs to do that more and make the game revolve round him. Zelalem wont be here forever and i would love to see the potential Zelalem has reflected in Jordan as well.

That I believe is what MW alluded to with his comments about giving youth players targets to which they can aspire. Even Jordan seems more mature than his Rangers counterparts of the same age. Are youth players developed quicker in England?

That I believe is what MW alluded to with his comments about giving youth players targets to which they can aspire. Even Jordan seems more mature than his Rangers counterparts of the same age. Are youth players developed quicker in England?

it seems to be the case. They have far more young players of ability than us even accounting for population.