Spfl Clubs Fear They Will Be Hurt Financially

GMac

Cash is king and these fuckers know it

This would be an ideal time for all fan groups to issue a joint statement saying if any retrospective punishment is handed to us, we will support Scottish football no longer

No away tickets

Home cup ties priced at a quid and we'll donate the club 20 quid a head

No tv viewers

Absolutely nothing from us, and then watch them squirm as we are a year late in returning the blue pound to the top league, a few chairman will be getting jittery

The fans groups, other than maybe VB, never come out and defend the club theyre too busy attacking fellow fans.

An orginized boycott led by the Club would be the way to go but it wont happen. Even if it did thered still be hundreds who went against it.

Face it - were not the great support that lots of folk like to pretend we are. Were one of the more dysfunctional supports. We'd never come to an agreement on terms of a boycott. Folk need to stop kidding themselves with this Best Fans on Eart nonsense.

A threat of a boycott wouldnt be taken seriously as they know folk would show up anyway

The fans groups, other than maybe VB, never come out and defend the club theyre too busy attacking fellow fans.

An orginized boycott led by the Club would be the way to go but it wont happen. Even if it did thered still be hundreds who went against it.

Face it - were not the great support that lots of folk like to pretend we are. Were one of the more dysfunctional supports. We'd never come to an agreement on terms of a boycott. Folk need to stop kidding themselves with this Best Fans on Eart nonsense.

A threat of a boycott wouldnt be taken seriously as they know folk would show up anyway

Unfortunately I agree with this.

By interesting to see what scottish clubs benefited from us being in the CL over thos years and the co-efficient rating that entailed. How many qualifying matches were they playing then? how many are they playing now? 2011 (I think) saw Scotland lose its first an automatic CL place. Then even the league winners had to qualify. Getting to a 2008 final must have counted for something.

You will never get a support that agrees on anything, esp boycotts as those who have attended every game for years will not give that up. If only a few hundred turn up then that will still hurt them in the pocket.

Then youd get a bunch of folk calling them cunts and scabs etc.

Its a catch 22 - if we boycott some will still go which will cause infighting and will make the boycott pointless and make us look daft.

Anotyer Another option would be not signing any players from these clubs, but that's a catch 22 also as the taigs would just sign them.

Hopefully the title stripping idea will be thrown out and we can all just get on with it. I dont think anyone in Scottish football will come out of this feeling victorious. So we should just stick to supporting the team and making sure were ready for the SPL next year.

I think this is clubs trying to give an excuse to their fans rather than simply telling them they don't care about it as it's meaningless.

Exactly.

The clubs got stinged big time financially when they were blackmailed by their respective fans to kick Rangers out in 2012. Those 'fans' abandoned their club after everything they asked for, so fat chance they'll want a repeat.

It certainly seems that way. The press and the fans are the ones pushing this 'title stripping' nonsense.

The press have been spot on so far, they'll ask the question, its their job and they'll likely get someone for balance i.e Darren O'Dea but on the whole the Press have been on the "Lets Move On Side" of the fence

Just had a look at the RST website, ignoring all articles about the various boardroom stuff there are 12 articles defending the club & fans ranging from stuff from Ph-ill, Collymore, the BBC, the SNP and the SFA. That doesn't include the numerous instances we have written to various bodies regarding issues that haven't made the website or the 4 articles around the legal action we took to stop Ashley getting security over Ibrox which I would certainly say is defending the club/fans.

We haven't weighed into the EBT/title stripping debate yet as we are waiting for the right opportunity to do so as there is plenty room to go, especially when BDO launch their inevitable appeal IMO.

Why would a judge say this - "at Ibrox were fuelled by the observation of one of the three Court of Session judges, Lord Drummond Young that, had the trusts not existed, some players might well have taken their services elsewhere." During a case about tax owed to HMRC?

The judge's were supposed to be talking about tax, not football.

Thing is their supporters wouldn't care about it hurting them financially due to hatred of us, some of them had their own chairman talking about potential administration when it came to relegating us to the bottom tier and they weren't even slightly deterred

Up here the local radio had adverts pleading for the flock to buy season tickets BECAUSE they voted us out.

Even mentioned us in the ad. The hate is strong!! :D

More like the chairmen of the clubs who were caught out the last time the Rangers haters threatened them with boycotts and would come up with a hair brained scheme called 'save our saturday' which ended after one single Saturday.this so called 'sos' had the timothys promising to go to and lend support the local grounds when there team were away from home. Jeezo!!! most clubs in the spl have closed half there stands to save on the leccy. Cannot see the same fhoolish chairmen being caught out with threats of boycotts from the Rangers haters ever again.

Why would a judge say this - "at Ibrox were fuelled by the observation of one of the three Court of Session judges, Lord Drummond Young that, had the trusts not existed, some players might well have taken their services elsewhere." During a case about tax owed to HMRC?

The judge's were supposed to be talking about tax, not football.

I would like to see the clear evidence that "some players MIGHT WELL have taken their services elsewhere", otherwise Lord Drummond Young I would contend that had the trusts not existed, all the players WOULD HAVE remained at the club. I would also contend that LDY's assertion on this issue is absolutely sheer assuption with no basis in fact.

I would like to see the clear evidence that "some players MIGHT WELL have taken their services elsewhere", otherwise Lord Drummond Young I would contend that had the trusts not existed, all the players WOULD HAVE remained at the club. I would also contend that LDY's assertion on this issue is absolutely sheer assuption with no basis in fact.

I would like to know why the judge thought it was relevant to speak about it at all. It was a tax case, nothing to do with whether the players were there or not or would have been there or not.

I don't think there will be any talk of title stripping from the other clubs, not for any sense of fairness and justice, but because even the ones who have tried to stick the boot in will realise that Scottish football is at it's lowest ebb and without our money it will slide into oblivion. We are at a crossroads and even the worst of the haters realise this. Apart from the brain dead.

what exactly are we to be punished for that we haven't been punished for already?

Good point - the legal but unpopular ebt's caused RFC to be sold to only one bidder - a fucking low-life conman frum motherwell, (that never paid any due taxes) - and then onto a fucking low-life conman frum ingerlund.

Where actually is the fictitious £80m that RFC owes HMRC - that caused the entire dilemma.

And fans of other Italian clubs actually went to matches before and after.

Did the other Italian fans not contact asa,trading standards,uafa or fifa to complain like the tattie dome fans did? I did get a chuckle when they complained about the Rangers store advertising world's most successful club and being told but it is.