Drawing Against Livingston

GOAT

:lol:

Aye, I'm spoilt because I think we shouldn't be dropping points to teams like Livingston.

Read my other post where I said I can accept dropping points if we get beaten by a better team, but we weren't.

Aye, you are acting like a spoiled glory hunter.

There is no team in world football that wins ever single game, football isn't played on paper and the better team doesn't always win, these are basic facts so for you to say its a fucking shambles to have won 12 out of 14 games makes you a complete joke to put it politely.

Barcelona got beat 4-1 by celta Vigo this season, are they a fucking shambles too? Using your logic they are, which makes what you say utterly laughable

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all due Respect we are Rangers, Scotland's finest club. I for one dont think its too much to expect us to run away with a league of this standard. More money should have been spent n the summer to make it a formality. Perhaps you don't share that ambition. While I still think we will win it the threat of Hibs doesnt guarantee success

With all due respect we have won 85% of our games this season and if we keep that up we will run away with the league.

And with all due respect my point is it's utterly pathetic for goat to post a thread saying its a disgrace and other people to say its a fucking shambles because we have only won 12 out of 14 games

Aye, you are acting like a spoiled glory hunter.

There is no team in world football that wins ever single game, football isn't played on paper and the better team doesn't always win, these are basic facts so for you to say its a fucking shambles to have won 12 out of 14 games makes you a complete joke to put it politely.

Barcelona got beat 4-1 by celta Vigo this season, are they a fucking shambles too? Using your logic they are, which makes what you say utterly laughable

A spoilt glory hunter :lol:

I didn't say Rangers were a fucking shambles, I didn't say that 12 out of 14 games was a shambles, I said the fact we have been slipping for weeks is.

There is a difference.

With all due respect we have won 85% of our games this season and if we keep that up we will run away with the league.

And with all due respect my point is it's utterly pathetic for goat to post a thread saying its a disgrace and other people to say its a fucking shambles because we have only won 12 out of 14 games

winning 12 games out of 14..... its the second tier of a footballing backwater, it should be 14/14

winning 12 games out of 14..... its the second tier of a footballing backwater, it should be 14/14

Football has never ever been that predictable. Supposedly better teams, with far greater resources, better players and playing in higher leagues have always lost (or not won) occasional games against lesser opponents. In fact, you could go across the leagues every week and find examples. It's always been the case and always will.

It becomes an issue if performance and effort dips and it becomes a regular occurrence as a result.

No need for this just yet.

arsenio.gif

Shite Happens.

In 1972, the greatest year in the history of our unique club, in the last 7 games of the season, we got beat by Morton, Dunfermline and Hivs and drew with Clyde.

They can have their two seconds of glory, as I said, in 1972, in the league, teams like Morton beat us and Dundee beat us TWICE, but we lifted The European Cup Winners Cup.

Yes we drew with Livingston, shite happens, it’s not nice at the time, but that is football, the highs and the lows, the emotion, and the thrill. Like the other results, the Livi result will pass into history and be forgotten, but we will always be The Rangers, and we will always be winners of The European Cup Winners Cup 1972.

Fekk Them All.

How about since last season?

It's night and day compared to last season but then that isn't the issue. The manager spoke of consistency and standards early doors, both of which have declined in the past 3 months. That was the only point was making. Weve went backwards since September. No one can argue that, replies like he's a taig or not even going to answer that are pathetic. Deal with the issue in hand. We have dropped more points and scored less goals on average than we did before mid September. That is a decline in any walk of life. The worrying thing is there seems no sign of improvement.

It's only my opinion, doesn't mean I am spoiled or a tim or anything else derogatory, I am as entitled to that as anyone else.

It becomes an issue if performance and effort dips and it becomes a regular occurrence as a result.

arsenio.gif

That is the issue. Our performance has been slipping since September. That is more than "an occasional blip". It is now becoming unacceptable.

I don't think it has, and the way we're playing and continuing to apply ourselves in every game is very acceptable.

What's changed is the way teams set themselves out against us...sit in, keep it very tight, pack the defence and midfield and try to frustrate. It's infinitely more difficult to break these teams down than it is when they thought they could have a go at us...that's when we were picking them off at pace and getting in behind more. Trying to sustain a tempo like we had earlier in the season when teams park the bus is very difficult. Tactics employed against us now are damage limitiation exercises to frustrate, keep the score down and try to nick something...and sometimes it will work. Fuck, we got to a European final recently employing similar tactics, so it does work.

Teams aren't going to open up against us anytime soon now, so there'll be other games where we'll struggle to score, might even drop points in too this season, but we'll still win the league.

Football has never ever been that predictable. Supposedly better teams, with far greater resources, better players and playing in higher leagues have always lost (or not won) occasional games against lesser opponents. In fact, you could go across the leagues every week and find examples. It's always been the case and always will.

No need for this just yet.

arsenio.gif

spot on, if it were so predictable we would all be winning thousands of pounds backing on the coupons, the harsh reality is you don't get poor bookies as the shock results net them fortunes every week.

The funny thing is if we had a couple of decent strikers we would have still wiped the floor with everyone even though at times we have be a bit weak defensively.

Need someone to take all the chances we have been making.

(tu)

You've been saying this from early on in the season mate, and I agree with you, a proven striker would paint a different picture altogether, so lets hope the scouting team have one at least on the cards who will possibly also help mentor one of our up and coming strikers sitting on the bench.

:uk: