Drawing Against Livingston

GOAT

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many points were we behind Hertz this time last season :unsure:

I think the fact that Hibs have had a great run has disguised the fact that we have about the same number of points as Hearts had at this stage last season. The difference is that 2 teams have piled on the points rather than 1

:lol:

Some people just can't handle the fact that sometimes we won't win.

Agreed. Overall this season has seen a phenomenal turnaround, with attacking football on the deck with young players on lower wages.

We've had two losses and one draw out of 14 league games + the cups, with what is a completely rebuilt team and structure 6 months on from the biggest embarrassment of a season we've had IMO.

Few guys will hopefully feel a bit embarrassed with the 'shambles' and 'disgrace' chat.

I think GOAT secretly wants Hibs to win the league.

Guilty conscience about dissing Edinburgh maybe ? Abused by a Hearts fan once ? £500 quid bet put on Hibs to win league just before Warburton arrived ?

No matter what the main problem is though, it's nice to see so many fellow RM posters rally round and offer good advice and constructive counselling to help him through this difficult time.

I have to be honest; the novelty has well and truly worn-off for me with Watburton.

We've had two genuine tests at Easter Road recently and against St Johnstone at Ibrox, both of which we lost. That was concerning, but our sensational start (results wise) to the season compensated.

Having said that, I can't remember the last time I left Ibrox entertained. Months ago, no doubt, and it worries me that last season rang similar.

We need vast improvements, sharpish, because Hibs are on a run and I don't want to hang around in hope that they'll do an Aberdeen or worse, we'll maybe scrape through the play-offs.

I'm also becoming bored of Warburtons comments. He sounds like a city broker.

Come on man. You can't remember last being entertained?

Even during the loss to St Johnston I was entertained, I've not seen us 3-0 or 3-1 down and still believed we can win it - but I did that night.

I love our football now. Take a step back and think about where we were last year under McCoist, McDowell and then McCall.

People need to remember some simple things.

There was always going to be off days and we were always going to drop points and, God forbid, lose games.

We dominated against Hibs and we dominated against Livingstone. we have a small squad and we can't really change much because we don't have many other options, That needs to change soon and that may need investment or funding from King and Co.

Some players will go through drops in performance. Halliday has been poor for sometime now and has been given a free ride.

Tavernier has some games where he is under par, but what is the other uption.

If Waghorn is poor we have no other option.

A new contract for Miller was an astounding decision and probably wastes a wage that could have been better spent on 2 younger. hungrier players.

With the proper backing and support the manager will get it right. I have no doubt about that.

I have no doubts whatsoever that we will go up this season mate .We better .

Agreed. Overall this season has seen a phenomenal turnaround, with attacking football on the deck with young players on lower wages.

We've had two losses and one draw out of 14 league games + the cups, with what is a completely rebuilt team and structure 6 months on from the biggest embarrassment of a season we've had IMO.

Few guys will hopefully feel a bit embarrassed with the 'shambles' and 'disgrace' chat.

Totally agree, the way St Johnstone annihilated us this season compared to how comfortably we swept them aside under McCoist with a clean sheet less than a year ago.

Which young players? McKay is the only young player on our books getting a game. Rest are mid 20s. The kids we are all dying to see aren't getting a sniff.

3 failures out of 20, for a club like ours whilst participating in the lower tiers of Scottish football isn't good enough.

It wasn't a shambles yesterday,but you could see this coming we can't continually pass teams off the park,with no penetration

The opposition get wise to that ,no matter how shit they are,and playing them4 times makes it even easier for them to know how we

Play,holts goal yesterday was our first shot on target,we need quality in the last 3rd of the pitch,some body who can beat a man with

Pace or skill,and we continue to lose stupid goals after the boss saying we need to learn,but we don't seem to

Totally agree, the way St Johnstone annihilated us this season compared to how comfortably we swept them aside under McCoist with a clean sheet less than a year ago.

Which young players? McKay is the only young player on our books getting a game. Rest are mid 20s. The kids we are all dying to see aren't getting a sniff.

3 failures out of 16, for a club like ours whilst participating in the lower tiers of Scottish football isn't good enough. That's almost a 20% fail rate.

Ok, maybe you should go back and watch our 'best of 2014/15 season DVD' instead? Oh wait, there wasn't one.

Majority of our starting 11 are under 24/25 I'd consider that 'young'. We had Ball, Kiernan, Zelalem, McKay, Oduwa who were all under 21 (I think) starting yesterday. The likes of Halliday, Holt, Tav, Waghorn are all 25 or under. I think Wallace was the only starter above 25 - that's a young team. And they are developing well.

It isn't 3 'failures' out of 16. We've played 14 league games, and 6 cup games - 20 overall. I think most teams in world football would take that kind of winning run.

Your knickers are just in a twist because Hibs have gone on a miracle run, which I doubt they'll sustain.

Ok, maybe you should go back and watch our 'best of 2014/15 season DVD' instead? Oh wait, there wasn't one.

Majority of our starting 11 are under 24/25 I'd consider that 'young'. We had Ball, Kiernan, Zelalem, McKay, Oduwa who were all under 21 (I think) starting yesterday. The likes of Halliday, Holt, Tav, Waghorn are all 25 or under. I think Wallace was the only starter above 25 - that's a young team. And they are developing well.

It isn't 3 'failures' out of 16. We've played 14 league games, and 6 cup games - 20 overall. I think most teams in world football would take that kind of winning run.

Your knickers are just in a twist because Hibs have gone on a miracle run, which I doubt they'll sustain.

That the best you have? No DVD!!!

Thompson, Hardie and Lyon are young, 3 of those you name aren't even our players. Thers is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest they are developing well. We have regressed since the middle of September gradually and continuously.

Whatever it is, 2 league failures a third way through the season isn't good enough. This isn't the English Premiership or La Liga, this is the lower tiers of Scotland. Most teams may well accept that but then we, in Scottish football terms are not most teams, we are the team. The League Cup exit should have been the wake up call we needed. It wasn't.

Hibs are no concern to me whatsoever, Rangers are.

3 failures out of 16, for a club like ours whilst participating in the lower tiers of Scottish football isn't good enough. That's almost a 20% fail rate.

aye, Gallant, yurr right, furrget the buckfast!

we're a fuckin' shambles!

its nay use, best make up a batch of Jimmy Jones kool aid and we'll all be over for a dram.

Plan B is to do Plan A better. May well be Warbs' downfall. His arrogance is astounding and refusal to take Halliday out the firing line annoying.

Barcelona for a while now are arguably the best team on the planet.

they play tika taka football.

it's their planA

emm... what's their plan B?

right!

they don't need plan B because they've perfected plan A!

Why is concern and criticism translated as panic?

The trend in results and performances is going the wrong way. May be just a blip, maybe not, time will tell.

It is better than last year but the league table doesn't lie, no big gap at the top anymore.

I personally don't have that warm superior feeling that promotion is in the bag, or maybe I'm just not wise enough.

Well said mate, I have that superior feeling though. Not because I'm a Rangers fan - but because fans of other clubs think they are superior to us and attack our history.

A fellow poster corrected me and advised me of our plan B and having not seen the game I have to accept your opinion has more bearing than mine :)

During and after the game I was in Livingston shopping centre, after it when I didn't know the score I was in a shop (fitness superstore) looking at protein hinting to the Mrs as it was my birthday and a Livingston fan came in to talk to the shop owners "rangers are pish" they said gave it all of the new club patter. Fucks me right off looking at all of the smug fans.

On my birthday in 1998 mark Burchill scored in a 5-1 pumping of us for septic and I was looking forward to revenge. Cnut

Barcelona for a while now are arguably the best team on the planet.

they play tika taka football.

it's their planA

emm... what's their plan B?

right!

they don't need plan B because they've perfected plan A!

Did you? You did didn't you? You used Barcelona as an example.............goodness gracious me.

That the best you have? No DVD!!!

Thompson, Hardie and Lyon are young, 3 of those you name aren't even our players. Thers is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest they are developing well. We have regressed since the middle of September gradually and continuously.

Whatever it is, 2 league failures a third way through the season isn't good enough. This isn't the English Premiership or La Liga, this is the lower tiers of Scotland. Most teams may well accept that but then we, in Scottish football terms are not most teams, we are the team. The League Cup exit should have been the wake up call we needed. It wasn't.

Hibs are no concern to me whatsoever, Rangers are.

If we continued this form for the next 2/3rd of the season we'd finish on 93 points, 2 more than Hearts did last year.

I'd take that any day of the week.

I know I was told the same thing on here ? Might have been the same thread.

The optimists will be saying "it's only 1 defeat and 1 draw"

But the realists will see the performances in a few of the latest wins haven't been good enough.

We will win this league as hibs will slip, but there's still work to be done

i

I would like to think I'm a bit of a mix of both, the realist in me says that performances have dipped and we DO need to mix it up IMO every good team needs to adapt.

However the optimist in me says it is just the 1 loss 1 draw, yes we've had a dip but over a season games won in poor form will win you the league AND we are MILES better than at any point over the past few years. We have a team and a manager who will not have had to face sides sitting in against them and they are and will adapt to it, I'm absolutely sure of it.

We have more than enough talent going around to get ourselves back to the sort of form we should be on. Anyone who cannot see that we have dipped quite dramatically through October and November is just not watching. We are starting to rely on moments of individuality far more than is ideal.

Knee-jerk reactions are hardly the plan, but we have not often been able to have a couple of bad results in a short space of time, and in the middle of an average run of form without fans criticising.

I think it is a mix of teams sussing out a way to crowd us out and our own players just losing a little bit of zip.

Btw, there can be a plan b which isn't just hoofing to a big striker, we could go two up top, flat 4 or diamond 4 in the middle, move one of our wide players inside a bit, swap the wingers, or any other manner of things.

Did you? You did didn't you? You used Barcelona as an example.............goodness gracious me.

aye. ah did, din't I!

you made the point that plan A should be scrapped when there's fuck all wrong with plan A.

it's simply a matter of perfecting it.

and to expect MW to have his system perfected in the time he's has is just bollocks.

the football is absolutely fuckin brilliant! - plan A.

to make it winning football, we have to bury the many chances we're creating.

and that will happen.

and, aye, i am comparing my team to Barcelona.

and why the fuck not.

i've seen tika taka possession football from Rangers this year that would do Barcelona proud.

the main difference is that they are putting their easy chances away and we aren't.

of course, they are better than us right now but they've had their system for years and perfected it.

i also think that MW instead of just copying tika taka, he's ultimately trying to hybrid it with more fluidity and faster than the Spanish model, making it more exciting to watch

and adapting it for our climate.

btw, we were playing tika tika football long before the spanish - it was called 'tanner ba fitba', but somewhere along the way our coaching erased it with 'humpin' the ba up the fuckin' park' tactic.

we give Magic the resources and the time and we'll be challenging the likes of Barcelona in 5 years.

so, aye, i dont have a problem comparing what our manager is trying to do with Barcelona, what's yours?

i've seen tika taka possession football from Rangers this year that would do Barcelona proud.

the main difference is that they are putting their easy chances away and we aren't.

i also think that MW instead of just copying tika taka, he's ultimately trying to hybrid it

we give Magic the resources and the time and we'll be challenging the likes of Barcelona in 5 years.

:lol: I'm out. Done. Seen enough. And still calling him Magic. :lol: Please.

Btw, there can be a plan b which isn't just hoofing to a big striker, we could go two up top, flat 4 or diamond 4 in the middle, move one of our wide players inside a bit, swap the wingers, or any other manner of things.

Beagle, with respect, all of your plan B's are completely unnecessary.

they would indeed be necessary, if we weren't creating chances but not only are we're creating a ton of chances - we're creating easy ones, and we're not putting them away.

and they will be put away in time because they are too easy not to be put away by a professional.