Try Shiels As Holding Midfielder?

TN8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't the CDM that we really need. We don't that mobile player who can go from CD to defence. The perfect CDM for Warburton is a player who slots in the middle of a back three when we are in attack. Holt would be the candidate for that, but he lacks the mobility in the midfield.

Holt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Threads like these are a pain the arse. If Warburton is 10% as worried as some on RM we really are fucked.

Maybe some are panicking, but I doubt that our single minded Manager is.

Give it a rest, enjoy Christmas and ignore the Trolls posting on here.

they aren't all trolls, some people are worried after blowing the gap.

I can see why but even if it is unjustified.

OT shiels would be better than halliday in the CDM role but still short of what we need

Shiels is not good enough for a Rangers XI or sub bench. Including a number of current players. Thanks

That is correct.however we don't have an embarrassment of riches at the moment and jerseys need filled

Realistically If we were to field a team of rangers class players with the squad we have available we couldn't field a five a side team

People are crying out to change something in our approach, but we know the 4-3-3 isn't going to change.

One of the complaints I've heard is that Halliday isn't right for the DM position because he isn't disciplined enough and doesn't move the ball on quick enough.

For me Shiels is an intelligent player who can read the game and spot a pass quickly. While I wouldn't describe him as a tackler I think his intelligence would see him able to sit in front of the centre backs, make interceptions and switch the play with good quick passes.

Halliday is strong in the tackle and playing him further forward still allows him to put tackles in but be more box-to-box, which I think is his more natural game, and give us an extra goal threat from midfield (along with Holt) without the team suffering.

I think a holding midfielder will be on the January shopping list but for Monday would a midfield 3 of

----Shiels

Holt-----Halliday

be worth a go?

Crack cocaine is a helluva drug.