'glasgow' Rangers

Briton

20 hours ago, The No.9 said:

1.The fact you made this thread is proof of the "fucking obvious" 

2. Not to start an argument over something I expect from anyone but a Rangers fan.

3.Out of curiosity are you from outside of glasgow Briton ? 

1. That's bollocks. You've obviously not read what I've written in 'making' this thread or you wouldn't have written that drivel. Now show me where I've denied anything or STFU.

2. I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

3. I am now...not that has any relevance to the point.  

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Briton said:

1. That's bollocks. You've obviously not read what I've written in 'making' this thread or you wouldn't have written that drivel. Now show me where I've denied anything or STFU.

2. I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

3. I am now...not that has any relevance to the point.  

See in all honesty continue on with your points since they seem important to you, I'll await your next thread about the correct shade of blue we wear.

?all the best WATP

19 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

See in all honesty continue on with your points since they seem important to you, I'll await your next thread about the correct shade of blue we wear.

?all the best WATP

Is it Royal Blue or Light Blue?

Just now, Willis said:

Im not sure, we should come to a concensus though before the board opens their mouth and call it the wrong colour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_blue

Totally agree we must act fast! We should also check the famous red and black socks are not associated to govan or Glasgow in anyway incase these crazy rangers fans try and find some link with the club and the city 

4 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Totally agree we must act fast! We should also check the famous red and black socks are not associated to govan or Glasgow in anyway incase these crazy rangers fans try and find some link with the club and the city 

Since when do small towns like Govan have their own colours anyway?

1 minute ago, Willis said:

Since when do small towns like Govan have their own colours anyway?

Exactly I have no idea , must be these same madmen adding silly names onto the one true name of Rangers.

next someone will tell me there's more than one religion

or big jock hadn't a clue...

41 minutes ago, Willis said:

Is it Royal Blue or Light Blue?

One of our very old old songs, Blue Flag, has it as royal blue, as in......we are the boys in royal blue.

Now whether it is royal blue, light blue or whatever blue, jus as long as it's blue, I ain't wetting my pampers.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Im not sure, we should come to a concensus though before the board opens their mouth and call it the wrong colour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_blue

Despite being called the 'light blues' it was royal blue. It's gradually got lighter over the years.  ;)

Although, is that a 'fishul nickname?

I agree but if folk cant even get the colour of our shirts right then theres something seriously wrong. I mean they could accidentally cheer a goal from the opposing side and end up getting their keid kicked in

8 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Red on the socks signifies being up to our knees in fenian blood.  Geez don't yous people know anything.  Guy who created the Bouncy after jumping on tarrier heads told me. :pipe:

On 1/22/2016 at 6:25 PM, Willis said:

I agree but if folk cant even get the colour of our shirts right then theres something seriously wrong. I mean they could accidentally cheer a goal from the opposing side and end up getting their keid kicked in

Lets march hand in hand with our Green and white brothers and complain about fan treatment. Its not far off as i read that on here.

23 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Apparently this bouncy technique was based on none other than the legendary super Mario as is the clubs colours , hell rumour has it Souness glorious tash was based on the very same man

Luigi, always in Mario's shadow.

We were traditionally the light blues, (sometimes with a big white collar, my favourite). The strip became darker from the seventies onward, not sure why. I don't think we have ever officially had shirts described as Royal Blue. 

This link describes Royal Blue as a colour, there is no direct connection to the Union Flag or the Scottish flag, it's a fashion thing which was particular to Queen Charlotte Of Meckenburg-Strelitz wife of King George III. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_blue

The St Andrew's flag is either a similar "royal blue" to the Union Flag (my preference) or a wishy washy lighter blue which appeals to yes voters. 

Scotland's national football team were the dark blues.

Dundee and Falkirk whilst of no great relevance were also dark blues.