*** The Official Morton Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

GlasgowsBlue

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Forget the refs overreaction, if he was still on the park do you think AH would have went the rest of the game without a 2nd yellow ?

Yes, when we went 2-0 up we would have controlled the game easier as they would have came out more just as they did but with 11 v 11 it would have been easier to pick them off. 

Tonight showed why wee Holt is one of the first names on our team sheet, we definitely missed his link up play tonight.

Thankfully Miller looked as sharp as I`ve seen him since he returned & wee Barrie showed he can be just as effective through the middle as he is out wide.

As for Hallidays celebration & the sending off...

Fuck me linesman

mr-t-time-meme-generator-you-a-fool-fool

38 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yes , many a player has been worked up abd lasted the game , both yellows were shit 

I have to say I thought the first one was a blatant yellow but after watching the replay I now think it was soft. The referee was shocking 

6 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

I thought Forrester was decent when he came on bar that missed chance, especially since he hasnt played much football for the past year.  I think he could be a decent acqusation when in full flow!

Agreed. Still looks like he'll need a few games to get up to speed but he was in the right positions when he came on. Probably wanted to score a bit too much when his chance came, a few more games and hopefully the composure comes too.

1 hour ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

I thought Forrester was decent when he came on bar that missed chance, especially since he hasnt played much football for the past year.  I think he could be a decent acqusation when in full flow!

I thought the same. Needs game time, but his passing was nice and sharp.. has a bit of pace about him and gets into good positions.

3 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

I hate Stubbs but fair play to him saying he would not be happy if his player was sent off for that. 

It shows how stupid the ref was and imagine if that had been an EPL game with the ref commentator he would be fucking pulling back a replay of Andy fist pumping going eh yeah he celebrated a goal but this is a football match ya thick cunts!

What is it with this shite on here? Comparing everything to the EPL?

Sky and the BBC have you brainwashed. 'Must... uhhhh... draw... uhhhh... parallels... with... EPL... because... uhhh... EPL is.... uhhhh... everything...'

3 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Sky and the BBC have you brainwashed. 'Must... uhhhh... draw... uhhhh... parallels... with... EPL... because... uhhh... EPL is.... uhhhh... everything...'

Aye guardsmen talking pyoor shite man, SPL is far superior to the EPL Skottish fitba is dead pure brilliant so it is.  

21 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

No I'm saying for the epl games BT sport havre a ex ref giving his analysis on the refs decisions.

i don't have sky sports and avoid the BBC like the plague but you obviously are Upto date more than me.

32 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

What am I looking to be offended about here?

He was pointing out the final score was wrong.

Frankly this BBC hunt tonight is confirmation bias gone mad. The BBC were getting a minute by minute account from a feed, just like Sky did. Both said he was sent off for a 'bad tackle'. People just want to be offended by the BBC. Those annoyed might be surprised what the match report says about the incident.

But hey ho, folk should just go ahead and rail without checking the facts, even if it weakens their case against the BBC. D'oh!