Best feeling as a fan

Laudrup1690

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Gartsherriederry said:

Got to be helicopter Sunday , us and hibs knocking the ball about and waiting to hear if Motherwell could do us a favour and we got two lol . Brilliant day that il never forget for the rest of my life 

Me to 

20 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

Beating Dynamo Kiev 2-0 and Ibrox drenched in neon light saying "To Russia With Love".

Mo Johnston late winner at Ibrox vs The Mhanky Mhob.

What an atmosphere at Ibrox that night against Kiev. I've still never figured out what their Goalie was trying to do at the first goal, but I'm not complaining :lol: 

For me it's got to be helicopter Sunday,  to be at the game with no real expectations of winning the league and to then realise the magnitude of what had happened was a truly amazing feeling. 

Not the same feeling but the day we stopped the mhanky mob from winning the league at Ibrox  was also a great time. 

It's got to be the UEFA final for me, loved the build up to it all and seeing the team walk out at Manchester was a proud moment. Especially sitting in a packed pub in Aberdeen, full of bitter Sheep. Sadly we lost, and recall one particular clown in a sheep top with Zenit printed on the back, dancing around the bar. A low moment, which summed up living in Aberdeen as a Rangers fan. Bitter bastards.

1 hour ago, StewGer said:

What an atmosphere at Ibrox that night against Kiev. I've still never figured out what their Goalie was trying to do at the first goal, but I'm not complaining :lol: 

Or the keeper being fooled by Ally attempting the Hateley like header squirming into the opposite corner. Then sitting panicking every time they went up the park , expecting us to fuck it up in true scottish sporting fashion ! The atmosphere that night was one of the best i've ever experienced at the all seated Ibrox (except the enclosures ) Up there with the decider with the sheep , 5-1 v tarriers "88 & the comeback against them when big Gough scored the last minute equaliser. Happy days.

Novo in Fiorentina, Helicopter Sunday etc were all good but in more general terms the best feeling as a Rangers fan is walking out of Parkhead on cloud-9 after we've beaten them. There's no better feeling. You feel about 10 foot tall walking down Springfield Road.

A single moment of euphoria I'd have given anything to have seen in the flesh would be the minute Durrant's shot in Marseilles in 93 hit the net. That would have been magic.

Since around 1994 there's no massive, big game, defining moment I've missed as a fan but I think about what I've not seen live in the flesh a lot more - like Durrant in Marseilles.

Games I have been at has to be when we beat them 3-2 at Ibrox 25th March 2012 the day they came to Ibrox to win the league. We played them off the park that day literally hammered them then let it slip with 5 mins to go to end 3-2. Was scorching that day nearly got huckled by the polis. Amazing. Up there as well is first time I saw us beat them at Ibrox 4-2 also in that season another roaster of a day.

For a game I wasn't at helicopter Sunday is definitely up there, Watched it in the Elizabethan in Berwick (now sadly closed) what a day. Everybody roaring because the well had apparently scored but nothing to confirm it then when it was showed on the TV euphoria didn't know until afterwards motherwell had scored again

I would agree with most posts tbh.

the Marseille game always stands out for me, i was in the CR when we equalized and nearly ended up on the pitch! celebrations i had never witnessed before.

but the best ive ever felt was as a 8 year old in 1985 against Clydebank, walking down the PRW for the first time with my people. I knew it was my calling, my purpose in life and so it began.

(we won 5-0 that day and Robert Fleck scored a hat-trick one of them an overhead kick)

One of the best non match times for me would be from april '86 when Souness was appointed and seeing the moves we were making to sign quality players. That whole summer was a bit surreal and the realisation that things were never going to be the same . For the next 4 or 5 years safe to say we were the top club in G B . Been said before but we all owe David Holmes a massive thanks for helping to turn things around by wanting the best for the best .

Arteta, was in the main stand, in line with the penalty spot, looking straight down and seeing it rustle the back of the net. When your younger you think the glory days last forever but now im older i will cherish them even more once they return!!

22 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Only 3 days? I had a whole week. Stayed in Santa Susanna. Hotel right on the beach. Staff came in to open the bar for us when we got back after the match. Absolutely pissed the whole time.

Kind of remember it, brilliant time and will never forget it. Have lots of great memories, but think that night tops them

If I had to pick a game I would love to go back and experience by being there it would be winning the league at their midden in 99 , I could not think of a more beutifull way to spend 90 minutes than celebrating in their rage filled misery , what an experience that would have been