Periscope Fans on Scotland Tonight

WadeWilson

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

some of the old theme tunes were brilliant. Grandstands, ski sunday and The superstars were brilliant

i wonder where Brian Jacks is now?

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

Apparently he lives in Thailand. Managing a Hotel/Apartment building.

Used to take a radio to the local football pitch and we'd play headers and volleys listening to second half commentary on Radio 2 then it was Sports Report for the final scores. 

Old BBC presenter now living in Thailand? Nothing suspicious there at all.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Also, noticed how little the conversation or coverage from BBC last night and, particularly, on their podcast from last night and today. It is almost as if they have taken a total blanket minimum discussion about us, in reaction to the ban. The station is fast becoming a pariah, and it is about time their paymasters in London/Salford sorted this out as they are running this station through the mud.

I've noticed that too. Stubbs is never off the BBC, TV and radio, and they are talking Hibs up constantly. I think they are praying Hibs get the automatic promotion place

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Old BBC presenter now living in Thailand? Nothing suspicious there at all.

He wasn't a Presenter he was the 'Superstar of Superstars'. He was a Judoka who competed in Superstars he did 100 parallel bar dips in 60 seconds. 

You are obviously far too young to remember. The sight of Kevin Keegan falling off his bike is second only to his 'I'd love it' meltdown. :D

17 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The periscope lad did good. Fair fucks to him - but we are spoiled rotten. What did everyone do back in the days, not that long ago, maybe 20 odd years ago when hardly any games were ever on TV - you had the Scottish Cup Final and that was it.

I've always been a radio hound and can remember listening to games long before I got to one in person.

But there wasn't even any radio broadcast and that was the annoying thing, compounded by Radio BBC Ireland announcing that their live game would be the hivs/hertz derby as soon as the final whistle went. That Richard Gordon I think it was sounded almost happy and of course, they hardly reported on our game afterwards, and the next night too.

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I've noticed that too. Stubbs is never off the BBC, TV and radio, and they are talking Hibs up constantly. I think they are praying Hibs get the automatic promotion place

And while Stubbs is whoring himself out to the media, our gaffer is focusing solely on the next game - you know, they thing he's there to do. 

12 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm pretty sure that Man Utd have banned fans from taking i-pads, and other tablets into the game, because fans were using them to record the game.

I don't think that it's illegal to film the game with a phone, however, if you film it, then charge people to watch, I think that is when the plods could be involved. Clubs may very well be able to take fans to court for recording games, using their phones, but it would, surely, be a civil court, not a criminal court, I think??

Comma Man.

Fuck UEFA and fuck all this TV coverage. Outside Rangers I'm bored with football now. I think I'd actually take the old days where you listened on the radio and the odd live game felt like an event. 

UEFA dictating what can be shown when is a fucking outrage in a democratic society. They're giving fans of all clubs outside the top division elite the finger now with this and their plans for concentrating the elitism. 

Fuck it all.

18 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Fuck UEFA and fuck all this TV coverage. Outside Rangers I'm bored with football now. I think I'd actually take the old days where you listened on the radio and the odd live game felt like an event. 

UEFA dictating what can be shown when is a fucking outrage in a democratic society. They're giving fans of all clubs outside the top division elite the finger now with this and their plans for concentrating the elitism. 

Fuck it all.

:lol:

It's the weekend,relax man.

Just now, Sket said:

:lol:

It's the weekend,relax man.

The weekend's when it's fucking worst, Sket.

Regular Grandstand and Saint and Greavsie are on the list of demands as well. Ceefax and Teletext will return, as will Scotsport and Sportscene on Sunday afternoon and Saturday night respectively. 

Now that I'm greetin anyway, I demand the return of Land of the Giants, Little House on the Prairie, Glen Michael's Cavalcade and Lost in Space on a Sunday, and Cannon and Ball and that wee Dusty Bin character on a Saturday night.

I can't remember what used to happen on a Friday night, but once I do I'll add it to the list of demands...

french.gif

51 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Regular Grandstand and Saint and Greavsie are on the list of demands as well. Ceefax and Teletext will return, as will Scotsport and Sportscene on Sunday afternoon and Saturday night respectively. 

Now that I'm greetin anyway, I demand the return of Land of the Giants, Little House on the Prairie, Glen Michael's Cavalcade and Lost in Space on a Sunday, and Cannon and Ball and that wee Dusty Bin character on a Saturday night.

I can't remember what used to happen on a Friday night, but once I do I'll add it to the list of demands...

french.gif

Glen Michael brought his shute cavalcade to my primary school. 

He's one for yewtree.

6 minutes ago, Sket said:

Glen Michael brought his shute cavalcade to my primary school. 

He's one for yewtree.

Aye, he came to mine as well. 

Nah, unless proven otherwise, The Cavalcade stays as a fond childhood memory. I've already had to forget that so many programs and entertainers I watched existed, without going down the memory-wiping vigilante, pre-emptive strike route.

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

french.gif

Friday was Cheers followed by Whose Line Is It Anyway. 

On 2/18/2016 at 8:51 AM, Briton said:

I remember watching a future Rangers player scoring a hat-trick for England in that fixture and finishing on the losing side.  (5-4 to Scotland). 

Paul Rideout.

(Is a spoiler blank another basic feature missing from this forum software?)

About 40 secs in. Oustanding goal.

The task in the old days was listening to the radio with shite reception radio scotland  was never good and even worse in england .the aerial extended  to the moon and with nothing back ! and the agony of trying

I went all over my room for any chance of any commentary !

sky sports sunday press on it - oh the  luxury it,s not the same.

On 2/18/2016 at 5:43 PM, RFC Eagle said:

He wasn't a Presenter he was the 'Superstar of Superstars'. He was a Judoka who competed in Superstars he did 100 parallel bar dips in 60 seconds. 

You are obviously far too young to remember. The sight of Kevin Keegan falling off his bike is second only to his 'I'd love it' meltdown. :D

I don't know; I thought the sight of Sir Jackie Stewart attempting parallel bar dips was hilarious :craphead: