Does This Lead Alter Our Priorities Slightly?

Turnberry18

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

League is number one priority. I think with the LC final coming up hibs are looking to that. We can't afford to take our foot off the gas. We need to get the league wrapped up asap, then worry about the cups. Cups are always just a bonus IMO 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

What about attracting players next season with European football? Would that be affected in that way?

I dunno i dont see uus being able to attract that a high calibre of player after all its still Scottish football which is piss poor now.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

I'd prioritise the Dundee game for certain.

If we can't make 4/5 changes at least, at home to Raith and not win, that's an issue itself. Play MOH/King as both are cup tied, give Tav or Wallace a rest and play the likes of Shiels, Clark, Forrester, Zelalem. So we have key players McKay/Miller/Holt rested for the Dundee game.

It's a risk, but I was thinking along the same lines.

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

Winning the league is all that matters this season.

I completely agree. I'm talking about the required effort needed more. Winning the League and the Scottish Cup is a possibility though; I'm not saying we will do it, but it is a possibility surely?

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I completely agree. I'm talking about the required effort needed more. Winning the League and the Scottish Cup is a possibility though; I'm not saying we will do it, but it is a possibility surely?

Of course it's a possibility and it would be an outstanding achievement to win the Scottish Cup at this stage in our recovery. But I'm sure the focus will stay 100% on winning the title and all our resources will be deployed with that aim.

Young man's thinking these days..... The team Man C put out in the FA Cup was a disgrace. I remember when that competition was really special. Raith is important but to me Dundee is immense. A chance at a ( real ) trophy would be the perfect GIRUY not to mention a spot in Europe next year. Everyone of our 20 players are starters, so rest a few and we still beat Hardie ( less ) Raith.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Young man's thinking these days..... The team Man C put out in the FA Cup was a disgrace. I remember when that competition was really special. Raith is important but to me Dundee is immense. A chance at a ( real ) trophy would be the perfect GIRUY not to mention a spot in Europe next year. Everyone of our 20 players are starters, so rest a few and we still beat Hardie ( less ) Raith.

I agree what you say about the FA Cup. I think the trend today to demean the cup competitions is poor. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It's not a young man's thinking. We need out of this league. That's it as simple as that. We can't risk being stuck in this league or going through the play offs. 

The club as a whole needs out of this league. 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's not a young man's thinking. We need out of this league. That's it as simple as that. We can't risk being stuck in this league or going through the play offs. 

The club as a whole needs out of this league. 

The game has changed but I think MW thinks like me and plays with the same intensity in both games. He wants to win every game. Reality says we have won the league mate. Resting a regular like Halliday per say on Tuesday wouldn't be a great loss or unbalance the team in any way. In saying that MW won't do it.

MW says it every week,  the most important game is the next one,  it has to remain like that.  We cannot and should not alter our focus from the next match.  It has served us very well up to now and I fully believe that this is the difference between us and everyone else.  Every other side is look forward to playing us and how they will set their team up to stop us,  we are looking at our performance and seeing where we can improve and keep producing results.  It's all about Rangers for everyone,  one way or another. 

1 minute ago, Gooseman said:

MW says it every week,  the most important game is the next one,  it has to remain like that.  We cannot and should not alter our focus from the next match.  It has served us very well up to now and I fully believe that this is the difference between us and everyone else.  Every other side is look forward to playing us and how they will set their team up to stop us,  we are looking at our performance and seeing where we can improve and keep producing results.  It's all about Rangers for everyone,  one way or another. 

I was open minded in my OP question, but you make a good case for the Raith game being a huge priority. I couldn't resist the thought of not only us in the top league, but with a European angle to it as well. 

Our priorities as always will be the next game, and that next game is Raith. I don't believe Warburton and the players' outlook on that will ever change. It may sound repetitive but not only does Warburton state it pre and post every game but the players do also, and I don't believe it's the old footballing cliche. I genuinely believe everything Warburton and his team relay to the players is fully bought in to. They all speak the same language and continually sing from the same hymn sheet. We can never take our eyes off the ball and we must always focus on the next game. Even when we had Hibs, St Johnstone, Killie etc to come, weeks away from being played we never once lost focus on the game we had that weekend, despite numerous arsehole journos repeatedly asking the same nonsense. Warburton will never, IMO, look too far ahead. It's always about the next game. You simply can't look too far ahead in football. Anything can happen and you must always just prepare as best you can for the next game.

As many have said the priority is the league, and this is of the utmost importance. I think it's fair to say we are as good as there, but complacency is one thing that must never creep in, although I don't believe there is any chance of that happening. Once it creeps in, it can be extremely hard to shake it off and to get back to winning ways, however I have no concerns with our focus, and preparation for the business end of the season. I understand your point but, I think, by default, we are able to rejig things with regard to the cups anyway. As MOH and King are ineligible for the cup It makes sense, to somewhat give them both more playing time in the league, and utilise the likes of Forrester & Clark for the cup. That said, I don't believe any circumstances, or change of events will ever change our priorities, preparation and focus. 

And to answer your question, which game is more important, I suppose the simple answer is every game for us is important, but primary focus must always be on the next one........