Dundee

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NetherburnBear said:

Fair play to you sir if you sat through watching  "them" for 90 mins I can't bring myself  to watch "them"at all. Did dundee play a packed  defence like we have to face every  week or do you think we will get more space ?

I was watching the Liverpool v City game mostly but had the rhats on the Kodi box so I was changing between both.

I agree with the posters that say this was a back handed compliment to our side.

At any rate ,regardless of what team they put out we've got to be right up for this one if we are to progress to the next round.

Mon The Rangers.

Was looking at the stadium plan on the ticket centre, sales look quite poor for this one, lots of seats available all over the stadium, 12.30 ko and sky doesn't help I suppose, hope we do them and people will start to be very wary of us going forward. Bring it on !

55 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Hopefully a little thought goes out to the last Rangers player to score against them. Could do with another FK like that. :praise: 

Great Peralta goal was at the game they should have beat us by 4 or more we played utter shite.

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

It's an insult to the tims and a compliment to us.

They' knew they had a game against the biggest team in Glasgow a few days after this one,

Jeez, they rested players and still nearly beat the tims :lol:

But we're gonna have to spend pure millions to win the league next season.....

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Ha, I'm reckoning we do need a good few signings, that's if we want to win it first time!

Excited to see what the gaffer has in store for us signing wise as he seems anything but a chequebook manager.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It depends on what you consider "pure millions" ... maybe 10 million, spent wisely should do it.

We need investment for next year - no two-ways about it.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It depends on what you consider "pure millions" ... maybe 10 million, spent wisely should do it.

We need investment for next year - no two-ways about it.

They can't pull away from the sheep with 2 and a half months to the end of the season.

If money is spent wisely and it has been done so far under Warburton,it'll be nowhere close to 10m.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They can't pull away from the sheep with 2 and a half months to the end of the season.

If money is spent wisely and it has been done so far under Warburton,it'll be nowhere close to 10m.

And we needed a replay to beat Kilmarnock with an injury time winner and couldn't beat St Johnstone at Ibrox in the middle of our early season blistering form 

we have a lot of work to do we cant kid ourselves here

59 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And we needed a replay to beat Kilmarnock with an injury time winner and couldn't beat St Johnstone at Ibrox in the middle of our early season blistering form 

Whilst I agree that investment is needed I think we only need 2 key players - a holding mid and an out and out striker. I know a quality striker isnt cheap though. 

Like most teams Kilmarnock parked the bus for most of their games and I also felt at the game at ibrox we gave them a bit too much respect at the beginning and sat too deep. We soon came on to a game though and should have won. 

6 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Ticket sales are shite for this, should be looking at 45000+, looking more like 25000.....and they will all come out of the woodwork for the semi or final if we win and draw them......disgraceful.

I totally agree. Ibrox should be full to help our team get to the next round. No mistake about it if it was the tims we were playing it would be sold out already.

C'mon bears get your tickets!!!

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

we have improved a lot since St Johnstone, the tarriers are top of the league and they drew home and away to killie. You are overestimating the top league, 5 or 6 signings at 500k each would do us.

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

we have improved a lot since St Johnstone, the tarriers are top of the league and they drew home and away to killie. You are overestimating the top league, 5 or 6 signings at 500k each would do us.

I'm not over estimating the top league at all - it's a nonsense league but some people seriously over-estimate where we are at 

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not over estimating the top league at all - it's a nonsense league but some people seriously over-estimate where we are at 

Aye some people are thinking we can walk the league next year with no signings, i agree that is stupid, but we wont need anywhere near 10m with Warburton as a manager. I genuinely think we will challenge for the title next year, it wont be easy but with 5 or 6 signings including a centre half and a striker we could come close to it.

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Aye some people are thinking we can walk the league next year with no signings, i agree that is stupid, but we wont need anywhere near 10m with Warburton as a manager. I genuinely think we will challenge for the title next year, it wont be easy but with 5 or 6 signings including a centre half and a striker we could come close to it.

And what about getting back into the Champions league that's also part of the plan? We need investment to get where we need to be - please no one mention Malmo 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think im right in assuming that you want the best for the Gers but it is going to take time and a lot of hard work.Just going out and throwing money at things like Walter and Dick did does not guarantee anything regardless of how much you throw at it 2 million or 22 million. Those multi million pound teams still failed to score in some games,failed to keep clean sheets in some games and believe it or not lost some games.No one has as far as I know said we are the finished article and certainly not the man that counts Mr Warburton.Just perhaps we have a man who relies more on hard hard work,tactical awareness,development and bringing in the right players that benefit the club rather than the methods of the two managers mentioned previous.Give the guy time and trust him and the rest of the staff to bring the right players after all they are the people who will sink or swim by their decisions. The man who got us furthest in the CL had the smallest budget out of the previous spending managers so sometimes, perhaps its just a bit of luck and good talent spotting which is required.There is also no point in bringing games like StJohnstone and Killie into it either as both have won cups fairly recently something that we and to a degree the multi million pound scum failed to do ie Killie beating them a few years back and look at the last 2 Scottish cup winners and also the scums defeat to Ross County who I think we all know haven't spent,well fuck knows what they have spent. Give it time and let the man get on with his job which he is doing pretty well  and im sure he will know only to well what is required to get the Rangers back to the top of the Scottish game.