Harry Forrester ruled out of Old Firm

Gaz52

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing news about HF, and it looks like it will be much harder, but will it?

These are the games this batch of new (mostly) players have been brought in to thrive on, and I expect whoever plays to step up and prove they are worthy of the jersey.

I also expect W&W to have our players more up for this game than them, and I believe we will win and  surprise a lot of people from the other camps who have written us off.

After all, It's not exactly Barcelona we're playing is it? ....... :P

:uk:

We'd be as well playing with 10 men instead of starting Clark. It has the same effect. I would imagine he'll play though, and it will probably be: Foddy; Tav, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace, Ball, Halliday, Holt, McKay, Clark, Miller.

I, personally, would play Law out wide  as its less physical out there than in the middle and Kenny is excellent at dropping deeper to keep the ball moving. He can also rotate with McKay and even Halliday or Holt. Clark up top doesn't work half as well as Kenny because of Miller's effectiveness when dropping deep and when rotated wide the effect is the same - zilch.

Its a blow, but anything other than Clark starting and I'll still be fairly confident.

1 minute ago, bordersbear said:

Big loss but we have people to come in. Would start Clark through the middle Miller on Left  and Barrie out right.Don't want law anywhere near he doesn't have the bottle for an old firm game.

And how do you know Clark does?

One thing to say, 

NO FUCKING SURRENDER!

a miller double and Sheills ripping the pish outta lego eater. Luvvly. 

Nicky law will get some game time and show us what we can do.

Aye I know that was three things!

Gutted about this. Probably been our best player in the past few weeks.

I think this shows that our "lean" squad won't cut it next season. We need numbers in. We've actually been fortunate this season regarding injuries and our squad numbers are being shown up. Injuries to just 2 key players (Waggy and Harry) and we're all fucking panicking.

We've still got enough to win on Sunday though. We scored plenty of goals before Harry signed in January so we still pose a massive threat without him. It's the back door that worries me but hopefully the enormity of the game will keep concentration levels high back there for the whole 90.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Personally think this is a huge loss and may see us need to play 3 at the back. 

People will say Warburton plays 4-3-3 but might be more solid team with

McKay. Miller. Holt

Wallace Halliday Shiels Tav

Who knows what Warburton will do, he might play Tav in place of Forrester and Kiernan at right back.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Personally think this is a huge loss and may see us need to play 3 at the back. 

People will say Warburton plays 4-3-3 but might be more solid team with

McKay. Miller. Holt

Wallace Halliday Shiels Tav

We won't play 3 at the back. Wallace got injured against Peterhead and Halliday filled in at LB. That would have been the perfect opportinity to experiment with a back 3 but we didn't. Can't see us changing to a system unfamiliar to the players on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think this shows that our "lean" squad won't cut it next season. We need numbers in. We've actually been fortunate this season regarding injuries and our squad numbers are being shown up. Injuries to just 2 key players (Waggy and Harry) and we're all fucking panicking.

We've still got enough to win on Sunday though. We scored plenty of goals before Harry signed in January so we still pose a massive threat without him. It's the back door that worries me but hopefully the enormity of the game will keep concentration levels high back there for the whole 90.

Waghorn, Forrester, O'Halloran, King (if we sign him), Windass and Crooks. That's at least another 5 options, potentially 6 that we'll have next season.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Scored plenty of goals before Harry....with Waghorn...who is also out.

1 minute ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Waghorn, Forrester, O'Halloran, King (if we sign him), Windass and Crooks. That's at least another 5 options we'll have next season.

You can probably remove Zelalem, Clark, Law and Shiels from next season's pool of players though so that only adds 1 to the squad so far.

EDIT - Hopefully some of the youngsters we have out on loan can come back and have the same impact as McKay has had this season. That would help numbers.

2 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Scored plenty of goals before Harry....with Waghorn...who is also out.

We did but remember the goals have been coming from all over the park, Not just predominantly from Waghorn. We do still have a big threat going forward.

Absolutely gutted at this news! Was backing him as first goalscorer at the weekend.

Warburton has a big decision to make and this is what he is getting paid good money to do, and I for one trust him.

Personally I'd start Shiels.

1 minute ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

We're not short of numbers, it's the fact that the players we do have outside of like a core 14 are utter pish.

If they're pish and not good enough for the squad can you really count them in? We need numbers and quality numbers. It was only a few weeks ago that Warburton decided not to fill the bench. Shows the lack of strength in depth we have.