Harry Forrester ruled out of Old Firm

Gaz52

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gooseman said:

If waghorn is fit enough for an hour,  does this lessen the blow from Forrester being out? 

It does, but MW doesn't seem to be the type of manager who would play an unfit player - esp one still recovering from injury.

I would play waghorn and get as much minutes out of him as possible , Clarks not good enough to come on never mind start and as a few guys have said law will shite himself and he's not good enough anyway , it's looking likely it will be dean shiels to replace Harry if waghorn doesn't make it .as regards  to waghorn playing warburton must be seriously thinking about putting him in now ..we can only hope eh 

2 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

If waghorn is fit enough for an hour,  does this lessen the blow from Forrester being out? 

The Hampden pitch has just been relaid and there's no hope of it resembling anything other than the Somme come the half-time whistle. Risking Waghorn on that surface is criminal negligence, in my opinion.

The more time goes on from hearing this news, the more it becomes clear to me that Nicky Clark has to start the game. He simply has to. We can't fuck around with that middle three of Holt, Ball, and Halliday. It's absolutely integral to everything we do going forward.

Look at the strength of this spine:

Foderingham; Tavernier, Wilson, Kiernan, Wallace; Holt, Ball, Halliday; McKay, Miller, ?

That is a strong team. Clark in there actually doesn't have me as panicked as I first thought. Clearly Forrester would offer so much more, but stranger things have happened.

Fuck the Scum.

NO SURRENDER!

18 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Some folk need to get a fuckin grip - he's one player, a player who only joined in January ffs and we managed pretty damn well without him in the first half of the season.

Yes it's a shame as he'd have been a cert to start, but I've every faith that whoever comes in in his place will give it their all and do us proud.

No Surrender. 

When we had Waghorn, and since then we've had O'Halloran and Billy King.

You're delusional if you don't think this is a massive blow.

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

The more time goes on from hearing this news, the more it becomes clear to me that Nicky Clark has to start the game. He simply has to. We can't fuck around with that middle three of Holt, Ball, and Halliday. It's absolutely integral to everything we do going forward.

Look at the strength of this spine:

Foderingham; Tavernier, Wilson, Kiernan, Wallace; Holt, Ball, Halliday; McKay, Miller, ?

That is a strong team. Clark in there actually doesn't have me as panicked as I first thought. Clearly Forrester would offer so much more, but stranger things have happened.

Fuck the Scum.

NO SURRENDER!

Thats how I see it. Miller played more than few games on the left before Forrester, MOH and King came in. Miller on the left, McKay right and Clark through the centre. 

That is a huge blow. We're now effectively going in to our biggest test with 4 of our most offensive, direct, fastest, trickiest and creative players all out.

I still think we can get a result but the 4 omissions certainly make things more difficult. Makes me slightly less confident if I'm being honest but I suppose in reality if all 4 were fit Miller, McKay, Halliday, Holt and Ball would probably have started regardless so trying to look at it positively I suppose it isn't quite as bad as it looks from a first 11 perspective.. Optimistic loyal. Lack  of pace on the bench is concerning though.