Mike Ashley / Newcastle relegated

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

There was a few on here. 100% fact on that.

Go back to any threads questioning him. King wasn't even on the scene at the time and folk used to reply "aw wit boot king ya stinking rheb"

Fucking absolute bangers. they know who they are. Most have fucked off thankfully 

After SDM, Whyte, TBK, Green et al, people were desperately looking for a financial saviour.  Hopefully that is all in the past.   

15 hours ago, Willis said:

Fuck Ashley and Fuck Newcastle, feel bad for their fans but thats just football, they think theyre bigger than they are.

Hopefully he sells his shares so the Ashley Obsessed will shut up about him, there are some folk on this forum who care more about Ashley than they do about Rangers Football Club, they certainly discuss MA and SD a lot more than they discuss Rangers or football. Will be glad when its all behind us. But im sure some will find someone else to obsess over when hes gone.

See what you mean. Checked one of their boards to see if anything was being said with regards to Ashley's involvement with two clubs as no doubt he'll also be giving them a shit retail deal. But they seem to be more concerned with slagging off other clubs rather than taking a look at themselves. One wanker has even written a blog about us slagging off our support and lack of success in Europe. Imagine thinking about other clubs on the day you get relegated. 

Bitter prick :lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34893-10-clubs-i-hate-in-order/

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34893-10-clubs-i-hate-in-order/page-2

Tosser also shows a complete ignorance of the game in that blog. Everyone knows if you have a stadium over 100,000 and can get into any match then your going to get plenty of shit attendances when the likes of Montrose come to town. It's the reason they made the league and stadium smaller. Even good leagues like Italy and teams like Milan have this problem.

As to slagging off our European record. When these fucks put us out in 1969 and won that Fairs Cup they had about five Scots in the team. Same with Spurs in 62. Nearly all England's club teams have had our players in them when winning big trophies or putting out our clubs. If they'd stayed in Scotland we'd have more and they'd have fewer.

I don't think many other clubs could touch us when it comes to the number of people who will turn up when it comes to a decent match. The fact we still get good numbers in awful leagues proves this. Imagine Man U after 10 years in the SPL let alone our 4th division :lol:

Anybody ever met a Newcastle supporter? Were they as deluded as this chap?

50 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

See what you mean. Checked one of their boards to see if anything was being said with regards to Ashley's involvement with two clubs as no doubt he'll also be giving them a shit retail deal. But they seem to be more concerned with slagging off other clubs rather than taking a look at themselves. One wanker has even written a blog about us slagging off our support and lack of success in Europe. Imagine thinking about other clubs on the day you get relegated. 

Tosser also shows a complete ignorance of the game in that blog. Everyone knows if you have a stadium over 100,000 and can get into any match then your going to get plenty of shit attendances when the likes of Montrose come to town. It's the reason they made the league and stadium smaller. Even good leagues like Italy and teams like Milan have this problem.

As to slagging off our European record. When these fucks put us out in 1969 and won that Fairs Cup they had about five Scots in the team. Same with Spurs in 62. Nearly all England's club teams have had our players in them when winning big trophies or putting out our clubs. If they'd stayed in Scotland we'd have more and they'd have fewer.

I don't think many other clubs could touch us when it comes to the number of people who will turn up when it comes to a decent match. The fact we still get good numbers in awful leagues proves this. Imagine Man U after 10 years in the SPL let alone our 4th division :lol:

They're an average club in a big city with no other real team option, they've got a cornered market, that's why they rival our attendances, but they get like 20x our income.  We share our population base with the mhanks, thistle, clyde, QP, lots of other smaller clubs and to an extent, airdrie, mwell and Hamilton.

For us to draw 40-50k every other week in a population of ~5m in the lower reaches is far in excess of the same value as a proportion of ~50m in the supposed best league in the world. 

They are a nobody club, loaded with cash, cultivating a culture of entitlement.  We are Rangers, the most successful club team in the world.  We have won more trophies in the last 10 years than they have in their history.  If they are happy to settle for that and indulge in point scoring  to ignore their problems, let them.

Hope they enjoy their championship adventure with Ashley riding them like a donkey.

5 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

I wouldnt wish Mike Ashley on any club, well perhaps one, but if Newcastles relegation means we are rid of the cunt then thats fine by me.

I'd like him to keep with that shower of shite he's with now.

An English version of hibs. Fans think they're some sort of powerhouse when in truth they're a shower of cunts and they and Ashley deserve each other 

21 minutes ago, chris182 said:

As much as I'd love this to happen, I very much doubt anything will come of it.

Ashley will probably "sell" his shares to a shadow organisation and take them back once NUFC come back up.

The fat slug won't give up easy, that's for sure. His lawyers will be busy working a way around the rules as we speak. 

I fear we are stuck with him for years to come.

6 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yes and no.

This guy's clearly just a loud bigot. It's funny how people like him piss and moan about bigotry whilst spitting out bigoted froth themselves. 

Newcastle is a good club with a good bunch of fans. As with most clubs, the odd dick isn't representative.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I wasn't fussed either way if Newcastle were relegated, and certainl didn't wish it upon their supporters because of their owner.

How fucking daft is it to want a club relegated because their owner is a fat wank?

Not very.

I wanted dundee United down cause their owners is a baldy wank :D

Rangers FC: Mike Ashley could be forced to rip up Ibrox contracts ... and Football League rules say Newcastle can be KICKED OUT

06:00, 13 MAY 2016

UPDATED 08:22, 13 MAY 2016

BY KEITH JACKSON

IF he is found to be breaking rules, bosses have the right to kick Newcastle out of their set-up in a move which would effectively see United frozen out of professional football.

654SHARES

image: http://i1.<No links to this website>/incoming/article5643317.ece/ALTERNATES//s458/Mike-Ashley-Sports-Direct-Rangers.jpg

MIKE ASHLEY could be forced to rip up his controversial commercial contracts with Rangers as a result of Newcastle’s relegation from the top flight of English football.

Sources at the Football League confirmed to the Daily Record yesterday that they are set to investigate the full extent of Ashley’s interests in the Ibrox club to discover if he is in breach of a raft of their strict regulations over association and dual interests.

And, if Ashley is found to be breaking the rules, league bosses have the right to kick Newcastle out of their set-up in a move which would effectively see United frozen out of professional football.

The extensive regulations are written into Sections 10 and 11 of the Football League’s rule book.

It states: “The following regulations prohibit one club controlling another and individuals, either alone or with others, having interests in or influence over more than one club.

image: http://i4.<No links to this website>/incoming/article7320749.ece/ALTERNATES//s458b/JS81975748.jpg

Craig Williamson/SNS Group

Rangers fans protest against Mike Ashley inside the stadium 

And it goes on to warn: “Any breach of any of the foregoing Regulations 98 to 101 inclusive, including without limitation knowingly rendering incorrect or incomplete information pursuant to Regulations 101 and 103, shall constitute misconduct.

“Without prejudice to the range of other sanctions that may be imposed in respect of such breach, any club in breach of any of the aforesaid regulations may with the sanction of a special resolution passed at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting of The League, be expelled from The League. There shall be no right of appeal against such expulsion.”

Ashley currently controls 8.92 per cent of the Ibrox club’s shares.

The Football League does allow ownership of up to 10 per cent of other clubs, including those in Scotland, provided they are ‘held purely for investment purposes only’.

READ: Mike Ashley and NINE years of Newcastle failure as the Toon are doomed

However, it’s also understood that Rangers owner Dave King has instructed the club’s legal team to examine the fine details of the rules and it’s anticipated they will argue Ashley’s controversial commercial dealings with the club have been underpinned by his previous investment, including loans.

image: http://i4.<No links to this website>/incoming/article6823069.ece/ALTERNATES//s458b/JS75186516.jpg

Mike Ashley (right) 

And, perhaps crucially, Ashley may also have to explain the extent of his commercial tie ins with the Ibrox club - arrangements which date back to his involvement in Charles Green’s takeover.

The Football League rule book also forbids any kind of commercial crossover which is why Ashley may have to explain his part in the Rangers retail deal.

As part of a joint venture on merchandise and shirt sales Sports Direct control the club’s retail division and chairman King has called on Ashley to enter into a renegotiation of the terms which see Rangers bank around 4p from every pound spent in its Ibrox store.

The deal – which features an enormous seven-year notice period, first revealed in Record Sport – was agreed between Sports Direct and Green almost four years ago. Over that time Rangers Retail Ltd has paid the club the club dividends believed to be less than £600,000 despite raking in sales of around £13m.

Sections of militant Rangers fans have also boycotted their own club’s merchandise in retaliation to Ashley’s interest.

image: http://i3.<No links to this website>/incoming/article7317100.ece/ALTERNATES//s458b/JS77613274.jpg

Rangers fans unveil banners on the 72nd minute to protest at the involvement of shareholder Mike Ashley and his company, Sports Direct 

But the Football League could be set to force the billionaire’s hand following Sunderland’s win over Everton on Wednesday night which sent Newcastle down.

Regulation 98.2.4 states that no individual from one club is permitted ‘to have any power whatsoever to influence the financial, commercial or business affairs or the management or administration’ of another.

And the rules extend not just to English clubs but also those which ‘operated under the auspices of The Scottish Football League, Scottish Premier League or Irish Football League,’.

If the board of the Football League find that their rules are being broken by Ashley’s relationship with Rangers then they can demand that Ashley cuts his ties with the Premiership new boys within a set timescale.

Theoretically, that could leave Newcastle with enough time to attempt to secure promotion back to the top tier of the game at the first attempt - and free Ashley from the stringent Football League rules.

image: http://i3.<No links to this website>/incoming/article4785368.ece/ALTERNATES//s458b/JS49519663.jpg

PA

Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias together at Newcastle 

But if Newcastle should fail to go straight back up and Ashley is found to be in breach of the rules then the Geordie giants could face potential expulsion.

The Football League last night refused to make any official comment when contacted by Record Sport.

But a source did confirm: “This is obviously at a very early stage as Newcastle’s relegation was only confirmed last night. But, yes, the Football League is already aware of a number of potential issues regarding Sports Direct, Newcastle and Rangers.

“It is something we need to investigate and the matter will be being looked into over the coming weeks.”

Read more at http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fc-mike-ashley-could-7957467#rR6riGgZgpgtIteI.99

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He's no been very good at that recently 

Indeed, but that's what happens when you start court cases over nothing other than a "beef" you get laughed out of court.

i just have a feeling this Time we will be let down and he will get away with it. Far too good to be true, hope I'm wrong 

8 hours ago, William McBeath said:

:lol::lol:

The guys a rocket, how many Rangers bloggers are writing about NUFC fans? None that ive seen

But Newcastle are so much bigger than us that he types a huge rant about us :lol:

Hope they enjoy the Championship, maybe they can take a page from our book to see what a Championship season should look like, but we're just a diddy team :lol::lol: