Butcher urges Rangers long-term deal for Warburton

JFK-1

1 hour ago, Chineseboy said:

RM is one fucked up forum. Only on here can a guy who gave us great moments ( Butcher) be slated as a prick, wanker etc etc. Yet on another thread we are falling over ourselves in praise of a fucking total cunt, taig loving prick of a man ( Barton). Only on this forum!

How's it fucked up to hate someone who joined in with Celtic over your demise? That is the real baffling thing about this place - why people have an issue with fans who don't respect people who do this 

no surprise chief gimp liked your comment either 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex player speaks - hate fest (with usual candidates) starts.

We want transparency and openness - as long as its favourable! 

Butcher was a great captain for us - but MEH! who cares about that anymore - much better to just disregard anything said or better hate the man for giving an opinion!

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Butcher was a great captain for us - but MEH! who cares about that anymore - much better to just disregard anything said or better hate the man for giving an opinion!

Are you serious? You honestly think people hate him for him being honest in that article? We all know you are a pitiful deluded little man but that takes it to the next level 

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

This post makes no sense. Why would we hate for this particular opinion when it was, this time, rather positive? 

His time as captain will be remembered by those who saw him lead our team, but his antics since leaving us has left a sour taste in the mouths of many bears. 

He isn't regarded as highly as other past players because of his own stupidity and big mouth, not because Rangers fans are bipolar cunts like you're trying to suggest. 

So take a flying fuck to yourself. 

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I'm pretty sure ive found Paul Murray

44 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Who has said he wasn't a great captain for us?  I'm not a Butcher hater but I'd like to ask something I've asked before regarding Ally McCoist but I never seem to get an answer; what has a player's qualities have to do with how you judge behaviour, how good do you have to be before allowances are made and would you not care if he had been an average player for us?

33 minutes ago, Briton said:

Who has said he wasn't a great captain for us?  I'm not a Butcher hater but I'd like to ask something I've asked before regarding Ally McCoist but I never seem to get an answer; what has a player's qualities have to do with how you judge behaviour, how good do you have to be before allowances are made and would you not care if he had been an average player for us?

Absolutely mate. Butcher was a fantastic player for us and I'm grateful but that doesn't give you a free pass going forward especially joining in with the taigs and ice cream and jelly at our demise - that was shameful 

I've no idea if he's in the hall of fame - if so, remove him 

5 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Players get paid to play for our club. When they leave, we owe them nothing.

I don't think 'owing them' is the right phrase. Many, many players have earned a lasting place in our memories and some gratitude.

Besides, holding ex-players dear is more for our benefit than theirs.

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Absolutely mate. Butcher was a fantastic player for us and I'm grateful but that doesn't give you a free pass going forward especially joining in with the taigs and ice cream and jelly at our demise - that was shameful 

I don't think anybody for whom Rangers isn't their main club should be in anyway, but that's probably another thread. 

3 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

This. I don't understand why so many fans hate/dislike him. What exactly did he say?

I'm not sure about what he said, but he refused to play in a cup s/f (I think) for Souness because he was made reserve.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Didn't know about that or had forgotten about it through the mists of time. Agree with the point though that it doesn't matter what you did as a player, being a dick afterwards will leave a bad taste in the mouth and also being an ex player does not give you a free pass.

18 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I'm not sure about what he said, but he refused to play in a cup s/f (I think) for Souness because he was made reserve.

Was it not that Butcher said he was injured but Souness said he was fine to play and they fell out? This was Skol cup semi or the final itself in the 90/91 season iirc

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

Players get paid to play for our club. When they leave, we owe them nothing.

Can't agree with this at all mate. Think your emotion is just getting to you.

Take a look at Fernando and his battles. I am so proud of the way the club and the fans rally round one of our own.

14 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Was it not that Butcher said he was injured but Souness said he was fine to play and they fell out? This was Skol cup semi or the final itself in the 90/91 season iirc

It was a good bit more complicated than that, IIRC. Souness had left Butcher languishing a bit in the reserves as well, and had been touting him about trying to get rid of him (and telling Butcher he was gone), before out of the blue telling him he was playing v the mhanks. Of course, Souness implied otherwise and pretty much tried to put the blame for the whole situation on Butcher. It really depends on who you believe, and we probably don't know the full story, but neither Souness (not like him to fall out with a player, brilliant man-manager that he was) nor Butcher seem to come out that well. 

But regardless, putting Butcher in the cunt category because of a Souness rammy 25 years ago... nah, not for me.

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It was a good bit more complicated than that, IIRC. Souness had left Butcher languishing a bit in the reserves as well, and had been touting him about trying to get rid of him (and telling Butcher he was gone), before out of the blue telling him he was playing v the mhanks. Of course, Souness implied otherwise and pretty much tried to put the blame for the whole situation on Butcher. It really depends on who you believe, and we probably don't know the full story, but neither Souness (not like him to fall out with a player, brilliant man-manager that he was) nor Butcher seem to come out that well. 

But regardless, putting Butcher in the cunt category because of a Souness rammy 25 years ago... nah, not for me.

Looking at the posts I would say peoples main issue are the things he has said and done since leaving us,esp that jelly and ice cream thing in 2012 rather than falling out with Souness. I have no beef with him over what happened when he left in 1990.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Looking at the posts I would say peoples main issue are the things he has said and done since leaving us,esp that jelly and ice cream thing in 2012 rather than falling out with Souness. I have no beef with him over what happened when he left in 1990.

Genuinely don't know what the jelly and ice cream thing is.

The only thing I know about is the 'new' club thing, which wasn't a surprising thing to say and to me was more reflective of media and other fans propaganda along his own ignorance on the subject than of him being malicious.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I think I must be missing something. What's Butcher done in the past that makes everyone hate him so much?

Yes I'm being serious well offended no, let down and angered yes? It baffles me how easy a time people who have no time for and insult our club get get off people on here