Our Most Insufferable Ex-Player

simon

We do have a few rent-a-gob ex players, but I really can't stomach anything Mark Hateley has to say, I don't know what triggered it, but everytime I see him spouting shite in the press I get annoyed. 

Not trying intentionally to make a hate thread, but fuck it, why not. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive met him and he's a great guy and a Legend. But DJ did my tits in with his refusal to criticise McCoist. I respect a pundit a lot more if they tell it like it is, regardless if they're an ex Ranger or an ex Celtic player, what I can't stand is when something is blatant yet pundits deny it due to their own personal bias, its treating the fans/listeners like idiots IMO.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

You're getting mixed up Brown and Allan are ex-fans not ex-players.

The photo on this page was doing the rounds a couple of days ago.  I just assumed it was a Rangers boys club.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/43210-the-generic-laugh-at-celtc-thread/&page=412

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The photo on this page was doing the rounds a couple of days ago.  I just assumed it was a Rangers boys club.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/43210-the-generic-laugh-at-celtc-thread/&page=412

Didn't know that either, if you look close I think you can see his Rangers tattoo.

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

Ive met him and he's a great guy and a Legend. But DJ did my tits in with his refusal to criticise McCoist. I respect a pundit a lot more if they tell it like it is, regardless if they're an ex Ranger or an ex Celtic player, what I can't stand is when something is blatant yet pundits deny it due to their own personal bias, its treating the fans/listeners like idiots IMO.

I would have said DJ as well up until I met him I always thought he was a bit of an arse from SSB and column in the paper. He then came down to do a speakers night and I couldn't have been more wrong an absolute gentleman. Came down with us on the bus and spoke happily to everybody and was a brilliant speaker as well. Gordon Smith also spoke that night wasn't impressed with him.

Just now, BF2 said:

I loved Novo as a player but he's far too clingy now. It gets very tedious.  Weiss too.

I mind interviewing Novo a few years ago for a magazine just before the season got started. Asked him what he thought about the new signings that had come in that summer and he had no idea, asked who they were and where they played. Then I asked him what he's thought about our pre-season results and if we were in a good place for the season ahead. Again, he never had a clue. Imagine my surprise when the next three games all featured him arriving 15 minutes late, just in time to ensure a reaction from fans, and he was in the press angling for a return to Ibrox. Wee Nacho does what puts pennies in Wee Nacho's pockets 

7 minutes ago, Willis said:

I would stick up for my best mates even when I know they'd fucked up.