1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Fucking mad Spanish rangers haters. Ban the sport.es from Ibrox immediately 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Fucking mad Spanish rangers haters. Ban the sport.es from Ibrox immediately 

TV3 in Catalonia too. It's come from their documentary on Tamudo. I seen the story yesterday and immediately laughed. A few guys I used to wokr with are Espanyol fans and took the piss when I said I was a Rangers fan saying we'd fucked up big time.

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 11:33 AM, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The club need to contact the police to find out if the accusations have any truth, if it's going to be part of any official report, do they condone police officers giving their personal views of events to the press before any report is published.

So far it looks like the normal response of individual police officers, twist the facts to suit their agenda

The polis are looking at it - well not directly, they're trying to get a copy via cctv, only then can they examine the evidence.

Just saw on Facebook,the record are running with lieswell and co and their investing in film companies tax break scam 

Not the first time it's been exposed in national press ,and I bet my next paycheck it never gets sensationalist cover as ebt

Saying that arsenal and co who avoided tax on multiple times the amount Murray group did hardly got a peep in national press 

9 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Just saw on Facebook,the record are running with lieswell and co and their investing in film companies tax break scam 

Not the first time it's been exposed in national press ,and I bet my next paycheck it never gets sensationalist cover as ebt

Saying that arsenal and co who avoided tax on multiple times the amount Murray group did hardly got a peep in national press 

One was against the law and one wasn't.

Care to guess which was which?

52 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

One was against the law and one wasn't.

Care to guess which was which?

From what I can make out both ebt and the film schemes have both had their loopholes closed 

Hmrc are now wanting to claw back the tax plus penalties,the difference is that it's individuals hmrc will go after here,so the worst that's going to happen is a good few ex players going bankrupt 

What should happen though is pressure should be put on lieswell to be removed from the sfa,his influence has done untold damage to the game in this country ,too many decisions being made to assist his club,the strict liability for a start and last year when play off ticket revenue was take away from competing teams,the lions share went to septic ,who decided and influenced that one 

11 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

From what I can make out both ebt and the film schemes have both had their loopholes closed 

Hmrc are now wanting to claw back the tax plus penalties,the difference is that it's individuals hmrc will go after here,so the worst that's going to happen is a good few ex players going bankrupt 

What should happen though is pressure should be put on lieswell to be removed from the sfa,his influence has done untold damage to the game in this country ,too many decisions being made to assist his club,the strict liability for a start and last year when play off ticket revenue was take away from competing teams,the lions share went to septic ,who decided and influenced that one 

The film scheme was unlawful at the time before the "loophole" was closed.

33 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The film scheme was unlawful at the time before the "loophole" was closed.

It wasn't unlawful but it certainly was far removed from ebt's. in the early 2000's these film schemes were getting great coverage, round Glasgow. Thankfully I never partook but I know a fair few who did (obviously all labour mHen). Hopefully they all go bankrupt, it was always sold on the basis that it was extreme tax offsetting and liable to hmrc challenge. It was, and never should be, compared to the perfectly legal ebt's.

1 minute ago, thehost said:

It wasn't unlawful but it certainly was far removed from ebt's. in the early 2000's these film schemes were getting great coverage, round Glasgow. Thankfully I never partook but I know a fair few who did (obviously all about mHen). Hopefully they all go bankrupt, it was always sold on the basis that it was extreme tax offsetting and liable to hmrc challenge. It was, and never should be, compared to the perfectly legal ebt's.

(tu)

12 minutes ago, thehost said:

It wasn't unlawful but it certainly was far removed from ebt's. in the early 2000's these film schemes were getting great coverage, round Glasgow. Thankfully I never partook but I know a fair few who did (obviously all labour mHen). Hopefully they all go bankrupt, it was always sold on the basis that it was extreme tax offsetting and liable to hmrc challenge. It was, and never should be, compared to the perfectly legal ebt's.

So in your opinion do you think anything can or will be done to them as a club? 

21 minutes ago, thehost said:

I'm sure the SFA and SPFL are getting a one sided lynch mob tribunal set up as we speak. 

12 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

It was an individual's scheme not a company one. It was sold on the premise that we were all ripping the arse out of it and HMRC might, eventually, get their money back. It was at the most extreme edges of avoidance, closely associating with evasion. Anyone, who did it, knew the risks.

the filth's defence will be .... it was an individual, not a company scheme.

The Daily Record now have a great chance (in light of their wee investigation on Sporting Integrity FC's tax dealings this morning) to do the right thing for once and really follow this up and chase/promote this story.

If they can follow this up and keep at it then I wouldn't say all is forgiven but I'd say our relationship is a lot less personal and is a good start.

They still stick the boot into Loyalist's far too much for my liking to ever be considered decent and anything less than a hateful rag but they've a chance to win some respect back in the Rangers community but they need to chose their next steps wisely and play this well and IMO that means follow up actions and the right probing.

12 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

It depends on how much the club was actually involved. Seems to me at first glance it was individual decisions to join these schemes which don't seem to be schemes directly involving the club or that the club was involved in admnistration of them, but we shall see