• Poland
    • Portugal
    • Republic of bhigotry
    • Russia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Some other nasty foreigners

35 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Watching the highlights, can't help noticing in the celebrations Bale is 100% part of the team. Contrast with Ronaldo last night, during the penalties the whole team are standing in a line, arms round each other, with the exception of Ronaldo - he stood on his own, was it just so the cameras would pick him out?

I'd put money on Wales reaching the final

8 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I have not been too complementary about Wales these last few weeks...I think I said they were pish after they beat The Ulstermen..But allow me to congratulate them on a fantastic achievement on reaching the semi final's. Well done indeed...:541:

I fairness to yourself, they were crap against us and still managed to scrape through, but last night they were fantastic. I stood up and applauded when the 3rd goal went in.

9 hours ago, ben51 said:

This is just, fucking great. What a team and what a country. I'm delighted for them. 

I really, really hope they win it. 

Im going to learn their national anthem for the Portugal game. :praise: 

Here you go. 

Good luck with the pronunciations. (tu)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/special-features/welsh-national-anthem-lyrics-phonetic-8579963

Wales are a proper team. Brilliant to watch. Every single one of them would put themselves on the line just to win. 

They're more than capable of beating the Portugese, they've been absolutely dross so far. Even without Ramsey I still think Wales will do it 

Wales have been tremendous this tournament. It's been brilliant to see their two superstar players not only show up in the big games, but leading the line when it comes to teamwork and spirit, unlike Belgium and Portugal who both seem like a team on individuals, with their superstars wanting all the spotlight for themselves. 

Quite a remarkable record that the Italians have against the Germans..Hoping we get an open fast flowing game with some quality football from both teams..Let's have a 3-3 draw at full time, with a goal apiece in extra time..Before a cracking penalty shoot out..Not too much to ask for is it.???...Apologies in advance if I have just gone and jinxed it...  

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Hope Italy win because their football has been great fun.

Think Germany will though. 1-0.

My mate said the same thing about Italy and their football, won't speak to him for a while as he is away touring and performing his hits "superstition" "I just called to say I love you" and "isn't she lovely"

:lol: kidding on mate, I can see why you have that opinion and appreciate that side of the game but it bores me to death the Italian game

35 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Would be against the trend, they've never been beaten by Germany in a tournament match. 

I really hope they go out, if Italy make it through I won't watch another game in this tournament as it just sums up perfectly that it had lacked imagination and any sort of inspiring attacking play

Just now, A.T.G said:

My mate said the same thing about Italy and their football, won't speak to him for a while as he is away touring and performing his hits "superstition" "I just called to say I love you" and "isn't she lovely"

:lol: kidding on mate, I can see why you have that opinion and appreciate that side of the game but it bores me to death the Italian game

They've no even been that defensive though mate.

Against the Spanish they fully deserved the 2-0 margine after they opened them up time and again and played some great attacking football with variety, unlike the usual stodgy Spanish passfest. They've played a pretty dynamic and aggressive brand of football that's been the best in the tournament (apart from when they've played their reserves), combined with good passing, good crossing, some directness giving a bit of variety.

Bit more like football used to be. Too many teams are made from the same mould now, and the Tallies have been a wee breath of fresh air because they've been different.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

They've no even been that defensive though mate.

Against the Spanish they fully deserved the 2-0 margine after they opened them up time and again and played some great attacking football with variety, unlike the usual stodgy Spanish passfest. They've played a pretty dynamic and aggressive brand of football that's been the best in the tournament (apart from when they've played their reserves), combined with good passing, good crossing, some directness giving a bit of variety.

Bit more like football used to be. Too many teams are made from the same mould now, and the Tallies have been a wee breath of fresh air because they've been different.

Hmmm, I will await this team tonight and reserve my judgement, won't get too excited but will take your word for it! 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Italy's matches have been far more entertaining than Germany's. Germany are hardly a free flowing attack minded country.

I thought bar 2 games Germany have been the best, scored goals and have been excellent defensively, am I right in thinking they haven't conceded a goal? Must be favourites 

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Hmmm, I will await this team tonight and reserve my judgement, won't get too excited but will take your word for it! 

Pretty much assured they'll be shite now. :(

Just think Italy may take it tonight through fight and a greater hunger but Germany in tournaments always deliver shame that portugal are going to go further not deserved than one if these teams