Brown

We all get pissed off when half heed or inbred sutton start spouting their shit, but although far more tame - bomber is pissing me off. He's just said the sheep can forget it regarding being in the running for the title and that the scum are running scared of us - proven by them bringing in rodgers. 

Now, it's ok saying this as a fan and having a bit of banter about it - we know what bomber said is true, however, he should understand that all he's doing is motivating them to do better and should shut the hell up.

What do you lads and lassies think? It's annoying when we put up with this shit, and we should rise above it and show our class - though, seems some don't see it that way.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We all get pissed off when half heed or inbred sutton start spouting their shit, but although far more tame - bomber is pissing me off. He's just said the sheep can forget it regarding being in the running for the title and that the scum are running scared of us - proven by them bringing in rodgers. 

Now, it's ok saying this as a fan and having a bit of banter about it - we know what bomber said is true, however, he should understand that all he's doing is motivating them to do better and should shut the hell up.

What do you lads and lassies think? It's annoying when we put up with this shit, and we should rise above it and show our class - though, seems some don't see it that way.

I agree.

Fine to discuss it among ourselves, but to give those dirty fuckers added motivation....just the sort of shite that comes back to bite you later.

Time to do our bragging on the pitch.

Read the article. He doesn't say 'fear' (despite it being in the ET headline) or 'scared' once. It's balanced and respectful. Nowt wrong with it.

Says sellic must be 'really worried' and says sellic see us as a 'real threat'.

Also says...

"I think he's a very good manager. He will improve Celtic, so Rangers will have a big fight on their hands next season."... about Brenda. No doubt he'll have been too complementary there too.

I think we get pissed off at ex-Rangers players very easily.

"I think you can see by what Celtic are doing, bringing in Brendan Rodgers, they must be really worried about the situation with Rangers back in the Premiership," 

“There was only ever going to be one winner of the league when Rangers were in the lower divisions,” said Brown.

“Forget Aberdeen.

“Derek McInnes has done a great job but he doesn’t have the budget to really take it forward.

I don't think I misrepresented what he said

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

"I think you can see by what Celtic are doing, bringing in Brendan Rodgers, they must be really worried about the situation with Rangers back in the Premiership," 

“There was only ever going to be one winner of the league when Rangers were in the lower divisions,” said Brown.

“Forget Aberdeen.

“Derek McInnes has done a great job but he doesn’t have the budget to really take it forward.

'Scared' definitely misrepresents what he said.

Also, the entire article for context would be good, because he also says Rangers will 'have a big fight'. The entire article is not some 'we're coming and they're scared' effort, or anywhere near it. If he'd meant scared, he'd have said it.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

'Scared' definitely misrepresents what he said.

Also, the entire article for context would be good, because he also says Rangers will 'have a big fight'. The entire article is not some 'we're coming and they're scared' effort, or anywhere near it. If he'd meant scared, he'd have said it.

Scared is just a more intense synonym of worried, I don't think it's worth getting your knickers in a twist. I never put scared in quotes did I? ;)

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Scared is just a more intense synonym of worried, I don't think it's worth getting your knickers in a twist. I never put scared in quotes did I? ;)

You said 'He's just said the sheep can forget it regarding being in the running for the title and that the scum are running scared of us' 

Dunno what difference not using quotes means when you attribute the comment to him. That's probably the justification the tabloids use when creating nonsense headlines, squire.

16 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

“Forget Aberdeen.

He's right. The sheep will never win the league again. Ever.

The fenians ARE running scared otherwise the wouldn't have completely broken the bank bringing Brenda in. 

Nothing wrong with what he's saying at all. Certainly doesn't 'piss me off' <cr>

32 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We all get pissed off when half heed or inbred sutton start spouting their shit, but although fotr more tame - bomber is pissing me off. He's just said the sheep can forget it regarding being in the running for the title and that the scum are running scared of us - proven by them bringing in rodgers. 

Do you really think they will need motovated when we play them ? Im not a big Brown fan but he hasnt said anything wrong here, I hope It does motovate them as It makes It even sweeter when we beat them knowing they gave everything at still got beat.

45 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

IMHO I would rather none of our former players took their 20 pieces of silver from any Scottish rag, especially,  but not only , the Daily Courageous 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

You said 'He's just said the sheep can forget it regarding being in the running for the title and that the scum are running scared of us' 

Dunno what difference not using quotes means when you attribute the comment to him. That's probably the justification the tabloids use when creating nonsense headlines, squire.

Stop being a dick, does hartson have half a head? The answer is no, I asked others opinions and did not directly quote. 

Amazing the infighting that happens when you ask for others opinions, especially when I stated what he said was true.

Fucking ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Stop being a dick, does hartson have half a head? The answer is no, I asked others opinions and did not directly quote. 

Amazing the infighting that happens when you ask for others opinions, especially when I stated what he said was true.

Fucking ridiculous.

In fighting. :lol: You're the only one trying to start a fight.

You asked what people think. I just told you what I think. I take it you meant 'but not robust ones that disagree with my post'?

See my previous post about you 'not quoting'. 

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Spot on .That is Bombers way .He is a fighter and shoots from the hip .Still doesn't get the credit he deserves for all the shite he got few years back .However I think and I always believe ,you do your talking on the pitch .I slagged  off the arrogant ones on here before Cup final .JBs Probably winding them up

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

:lol: 

fucking hope the football starts soon - these sort of threads are mince! 

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Spot on .That is Bombers way .He is a fighter and shoots from the hip .Still doesn't get the credit he deserves for all the shite he got few years back .However I think and I always believe ,you do your talking on the pitch .I slagged  off the arrogant ones on here before Cup final .JBs Probably winding them up

Yup he was as a player as well, and I respect his career with us. I just don't like the way he words things in the press some times.

Thanks for the sensible post mate, nice to have a bear wanting to interface with another bear amiably instead of trying to start an argument. :)

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

Do you really think they will need motovated when we play them ? Im not a big Brown fan but he hasnt said anything wrong here, I hope It does motovate them as It makes It even sweeter when we beat them knowing they gave everything at still got beat.

Like I said - all bomber said is true. However I do think teams use this type of thing to motivate players - just look at HIVS and the hibsed it thing. MW doesn't use mind games, doesn't come across as arrogant, I think we all agree that he sets a good example as to what our club is and always has been about. 

I wish Bomber would follow suit and show a bit of class.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

He's right. The sheep will never win the league again. Ever.

The fenians ARE running scared otherwise the wouldn't have completely broken the bank bringing Brenda in. 

Nothing wrong with what he's saying at all. Certainly doesn't 'piss me off' <cr>

In bold agrees with my initial post, cheers :P

I guess you're right, there's nothing wrong with him saying it - I just wish he wouldn't personally.

7 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Meh! So they're motivated, so what! We shouldn't be worried about them being motivated only ourselves, they should never worry us.

I'm not as confident about next season as some are, perhaps that's why I'm looking at things cautiously. 

Don't get me wrong I'll be disappointed if we don't win the league, but perhaps not as disappointed as the last time we were in the premier league. Simply because I know it is a work in progress and a step up of some kind going into the top league.