Warburton contract talks stalled?

Pedrono1

1 hour ago, Bluenose1986 said:

The silence from him since the cup final has felt off. Not to mention the shite doing the rounds about him wanting to leave. 

Has me a little anxious to be honest. 

But he's obviously angry about what happened, everyone was. I have no doubt that even him and his professionalism have a breaking point and that he could have perhaps said a few things he would later regret if he was talking to the press.

This is a very close set of players and staff, Warburton says it himself - it's what he values. So if any of them are treated with disrespect - and they were in the extreme, or if any of them were assaulted - and several were - he's going to be extremely angry and fight their corner.

I see the silence as him simply censoring himself and trying to forget about what happened. I'm sure he'll use the energy wisely for next season and make them want to rally and go as far as possible.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hearing He has stopped following the Rangers twitter feed and unliked the clubs facebook page..

Huge, if true..

A simple enough check shows me he's still following the Twitter feed so I don't know where you heard this.

Not sure about the FB thing though.

58 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I know, but the silence is rather uncharacteristic. I really do hope this a just a pile of shite.

Our whole playing infrastructure was set up by MW and this speculation if true would be a serious threat to all that. Like players, there are no guarantees with managers. We landed a gem and we were realy lucky. Nowt to say any replacement would be anywhere near as good and I can't think of one.

The anxiety is understandable but it seems everyone is on holiday, players included, the fact we're still very active transfer wise tells its own story mate. 

The guy will be having hee haw to do with the media on his break (no surprise considering the guff they constantly ask him). He's been up here constantly and is now enjoying some private family time, as do we when we are off work (well I certainly wouldn't be taking calls from my work or doing work). He's won the Scottish Championship and won it with playing entertaining football. Does that make him a favourite for prime posts in the Premiership? Not in my book, however if he performs well next season then he may be courted by Premiership clubs. And has been stated earlier, I suspect the tims are desperate for him to leave and their journalists will constantly try to unsettle things, regarding all matters Rangers.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Why is everyone greeting about silence ffs. 

What do you want daily updates from his sun lounger? 

The first 10 days or so the guy was tying up deals. He has a two week holiday and everyone loses their fucking heads over an article that has no quotes at all. 

Tarriers in my work have been going on about this for weeks now. As someone said earlier in the thread, this is probably where it's started. 

Deluded clowns

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why is everyone greeting about silence ffs. 

What do you want daily updates from his sun lounger? 

The first 10 days or so the guy was tying up deals. He has a two week holiday and everyone loses their fucking heads over an article that has no quotes at all. 

Yes,Cue- photo of sunburned heid and soggy book

Just now, smartypants said:

Tarriers in my work have been going on about this for weeks now. As someone said earlier in the thread, this is probably where it's started. 

Deluded clowns

Where does a paper as small as the express get info from? There would have been 3 people around that table during negotiations. MW, Robertson and Murray. 

We all know what MW thinks of the press here. And I highly doubt board members are gona cause anxiety among the support by peddling this pish. 

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Where does a paper as small as the express get info from? There would have been 3 people around that table during negotiations. MW, Robertson and Murray. 

We all know what MW thinks of the press here. And I highly doubt board members are gona cause anxiety among the support by peddling this pish. 

Exactly mate. Think it's pretty obviously mischief making. 

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I certainly hope murray wasn't round the table.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. Been a bit worried we've heard not a lot from him since the cup final.

Hope it's not put him off. 

The main thing stopping me from overly worrying is that given the way vultures in the media surround our club, if anything negative was surrounding him then there would surely be a lot more stories in the papers. 

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

But he's obviously angry about what happened, everyone was. I have no doubt that even him and his professionalism have a breaking point and that he could have perhaps said a few things he would later regret if he was talking to the press.

This is a very close set of players and staff, Warburton says it himself - it's what he values. So if any of them are treated with disrespect - and they were in the extreme, or if any of them were assaulted - and several were - he's going to be extremely angry and fight their corner.

I see the silence as him simply censoring himself and trying to forget about what happened. I'm sure he'll use the energy wisely for next season and make them want to rally and go as far as possible.

Yeah I agree with what you're saying. If anything bad was to be going on behind the scenes then our detractors would be much more vocal about it in the media. 

Just feels a little weird though.