Effect of referendum on us

TheKingObv

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The wee cow couldn't even wait a whole day to put the boot in. The Union is under threat again. Fuck knows how she plans to fund indipendance though. The price of oil has fell even lower with the news of Britexit. 

I wonder how many voters realised they were voting for exiting both Europe and Britain. 

The SNP on STV last night, as soon as there was only 2 countys left to declare they were already saying about it, about 10 seconds after it was announced. 

Well apparently registered SNP voters got emails out saying "If Scotland get a majority remain but UK leaves, Indy ref 2 will be pushed" or something to that degree.

Which is sly as fuck because I know die hard SNP followers who said that "Sturgeon is wrong about Brexit, we should be leaving" 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

The SNP on STV last night, as soon as there was only 2 countys left to declare they were already saying about it, about 10 seconds after it was announced. 

Well apparently registered SNP voters got emails out saying "If Scotland get a majority remain but UK leaves, Indy ref 2 will be pushed" or something to that degree.

Which is sly as fuck because I know die hard SNP followers who said that "Sturgeon is wrong about Brexit, we should be leaving" 

Nothing is beneath them.

Our economy was in good shape 2 years ago and many people didn't want to take the risk of a recession. If things go wrong and we dip into recession the snp could win a indy 2.

Nightmare scenario. I don't want my family living in an independent Scotland but todays result has given the snp an excuse to get their way.

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Nothing is beneath them.

Our economy was in good shape 2 years ago and many people didn't want to take the risk of a recession. If things go wrong and we dip into recession the snp could win a indy 2.

Nightmare scenario. I don't want my family living in an independent Scotland but todays result has given the snp an excuse to get their way.

They have nothing but their own agenda in mind, selfish to the core. Angus Robertson and Alex Salmond last night on STV were an absolute disgrace.  Never answered a question, stating stupid and irrelevant facts and squirming like fuck when they were being pressed on anything. 

If My family and Rangers weren't Scotland based I would very happily move away, the country is so backwards to the point that a fan threatening a goalkeeper right in front of his face gets 140 hours community service meanwhile a fan sings a song and gets 3 months. 

Voting leave basically means that in a few years we will no longer be British. An incredibly naive  move by the people who think that leaving meant protecting our British identity. Sturgeon said she wanted to stay, no she fucking didn't , this is the result she wanted. Enjoy being British as its not going to last. Honestly thought we were more intelligent than this, but clearly not.

22 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

To be fair sturgeon and the SNP made it pretty clear from the start that if Scotland voted remain and the U.K. leave then they would push Indy ref 2. 

Voting leave won't be taking our country back it will end up tearing our country apart 

18 minutes ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

To be fair sturgeon and the SNP made it pretty clear from the start that if Scotland voted remain and the U.K. leave then they would push Indy ref 2. 

Voting leave won't be taking our country back it will end up tearing our country apart 

But that distorts and perverts the purpose of the EU referendum. People aren't voting to leaving the EU in Scotland, Their effectively voting for another Independence vote. 

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

Most of this post doesn't make sense.

Hmm, you're right, that's what happens when you are on auto correct typing quickly when you are working. Anyway, can't be bothered changing it, but touché sir. Actually, I have now.

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

But that distorts and perverts the purpose of the EU referendum. People aren't voting to leaving the EU in Scotland, Their effectively voting for another Independence vote. 

In an ideal world that would be the case but unfortunately the real world is never that simple 

All this chatter about leaving... Yet

1.) They still need permission, which is not a guarantee for indyref 2. 

2.) It has to pass Scottish Parliament. Not a forrgone conclussion. 

3.) They now need to argue the loss of the pound, joining Schengen, dropping the passport and promoting a border with England. 

Even IF point 1 and 2 are a success, their argument will likely collapse. 

It's also worth mentioning that a very respectable 40% in Scotland voted leave. 

1 minute ago, centenarystand said:

Sturge should come out and tell us the actual benefits a stand alone Scotland would have in the EU and where we fit in with it. But no the nats are steaming ahead aimlessly. The youth of today should be afraid cos their futures are going to be fucked. 

Not really steaming ahead though are they? 

Merely stating an indy ref is on the cards again and quite right imo. One of the major no tactics was cracking on about the security of the eu and if scotland went solo they would be kicked out. Scotland stayed and are now leaving the eu against its wishes. 

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Merely stating an indy ref is on the cards again and quite right imo. One of the major no tactics was cracking on about the security of the eu and if scotland went solo they would be kicked out. Scotland stayed and are now leaving the eu against its wishes. 

It isn't though, is it? We are part of the UK and we, as a unit, voted leave. Our 1million leave vots contributed to that too. 

20 minutes ago, kanjo said:

3.) They now need to argue the loss of the pound, joining Schengen, dropping the passport and promoting a border with England. 

It's also worth mentioning that a very respectable 38% in Scotland voted leave. 

Fixed that for you. :wink:

27 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

By  fuck they are chief.

Sturgeon had more to say about the remain camp than making a positive case for Europe. 

On 24 June 2016 at 3:14 PM, kanjo said:

It's also worth mentioning that a very respectable 40% in Scotland voted leave. 

(tu)

Exactly ..... and the same sad arguments will be wheeled out time and time again with the same ridiculous non answers being foisted out to probing yet simple genuine questions, and no one will be any the wiser as to our economic survival.

Yet again the majority (well it is a democracy) have spoken, and a high percentage of Scots (±40%) and Welsh And Northern Irish and of course English have agreed overwhelmingly to leave the EU, as they feel that the model is not working for the UK overall, and yet again NS and her party will not accept the national outcome, and as predicted is crying for another separatist referendum.

Great Britain is not the only country that is dissatisfied with this 40 year old model that is the EU, but have taken it to the man in the street who is feeling the brunt of Brussel's dogmatic and dated outlook and the UK will now go forward with the result of this democratic vote.

We are the first to leave (after years of lobbying for changes to this system and getting nowhere) I believe we won't be the last, as when the full force of our leaving hits home, it will start the ball rolling and other members will question their reasons for staying.

:uk:

4 hours ago, Briton said:

It's up to the Scots to decide their future not 'Britain'.  Of course some will oppose but I'll be surprised if this is not enough to tip the balance and eventually see the end of the union.  This was basically a vote for English independence.  I feel sad for my kids and grandchildren.

I agree with this. I think ultimately the biggest effect this is going to have on the club is something of an identity crisis when the UK splits up. Which I think it will now barring an EU collapse. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Let me see .Tory and Labour leaders resigning but scumbag Nicky backed same stay in but the hypocrite can't do the same 

To be fair to her, eejay (and I hate to be fair to her), she won the vote in the part of the country her party operates in.

2 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

Voting leave basically means that in a few years we will no longer be British. An incredibly naive  move by the people who think that leaving meant protecting our British identity. Sturgeon said she wanted to stay, no she fucking didn't , this is the result she wanted. Enjoy being British as its not going to last. Honestly thought we were more intelligent than this, but clearly not.

Salmond's smirking as the declarations rolled in last night tells you all you need to know. 

Those who thought they were acting to 'take their country back' last night have sentenced it to death as we know it, in the name of hate and fear and lies. Not a chance Yes will lose twice. It might well be 51.9% - 48,1% again, but the bastards will win this one. 

All you can say really is well done Britain. I honestly thought we were better than this.