Dave King Response #8 - Ally McCoist

Ace

52 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

PG mate .I've been holding onto this one for a long long time .

I sincerely hope that was the case mate.

The football was terrible,conceding a last minute goal to Annan afuckingthletic ffs,having part time Alloa out doing extra work at half time then being fitter than us to snatch a draw at Ibrox? It was fucking awful.

But i can't bring myself to hate the man,for his exploits ON the pitch to the time he has spent to write to my wee Rangers daft granny as she fought breast cancer and helped her through some dark days.

That's why i don't like seeing the personal stuff he receives on here,sure i understand peoples frustrations and agree to a certain point but some folk go way to far.

As i said i think this question should have been avoided by the chairman as it splits opinion almost as much as the Snps referendums.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, gogzy said:

Meh.

Ally is a legend as a player and a manager I will try my best to forget.

He lied to the fans about his proxy vote, he waited till he got a new job before "coming to an agreement that benefits Rangers"

He was my hero growing up, he isn't anymore.   Lost a lot of respect for him over the past 18-24 months.

Totally agree! 

Really want to put the whole Ally the manager debacle into the history books! Unfortunately it will all blow up again when his book about the time comes out.

But typing this i remembered that there was a point that Green wanted to punt him but the fans uproar changed his mind! If only we had all known!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

6 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Totally agree! 

Really want to put the whole Ally the manager debacle into the history books! Unfortunately it will all blow up again when his book about the time comes out.

But typing this i remembered that there was a point that Green wanted to punt him but the fans uproar changed his mind! If only we had all known!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I wasn't in uproar but I remember greens plans to sack ally being quashed and i knew it would be a nightmare as ally had to much power it seemed 

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

The very same Ally who gave us so many great moments and memories when he wore the Rangers jersey.

So that gives him the right to rip us off later on? 

No wonder Andy Goram thinks it's ok to do the same we are just a cash cow to these folk. 

20 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Totally agree! 

It's ally the person, end of and no amount deflecting to the manager versus player shite will will deflect from the fact that ally the whole fucking person was a lying decitfull greedy bassa.

6 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mind when we drew at Ibrox with Albion Rovers and McCoist said it wasn't a bad result as they were in division above us the year before..

:drugang::anguish:

That was the same game where he threw Moshni up front. This was a few weeks after he was quoted in the paper saying the Rangers fans would be right to question him for playing Moshni as striker! I am sure the paper picture Is somewhere online

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

So what? Big deal??  

That's probably the stupidest statement I've seen on here for some time.  Shows a distinct lack of appreciation of the significance of the act...or a deliberate disregard so you can have a go. 

There was no-one else at the club prepared to take on that fight at the time and had he not, and won, then the fall-out would have been absolutely disastrous for us.  It really was one of the most important victories in our history and McCoist obviously realised the significance whilst the rest were for selling us down the river.

The significance of that should be rewarded with a fuckin statue!

you clearly interpreted my post to suit your backing of ally, yes he defended the titles, that still doesnt excuse his actions post admin of taking penny shares, the highest managerial wage in scotland, blackmailing the board into giving him more players to win a part time league, re-negotiating his contract in a time of cost cutting to make him virtually invincible and getting double his wage if he got the sack

the mans actions were a disgrace during his time as a manager, no other way about it

53 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

But i can't bring myself to hate the man,for his exploits ON the pitch to the time he has spent to write to my wee Rangers daft granny as she fought breast cancer and helped her through some dark days.

fiver says he charged the cost of the stamp to the club, people need to remember that ally was always about the money, when he chose sunderland over us it was the money, since that day nothing changed

yes he scored a fuck load of goals for us that helped us win titles and cups, that didnt give him the right to rip the cunt out of us, if that was the case then id expect the barca bears to take a shite on the ibrox pitch given their achievements at the club

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

you clearly interpreted my post to suit your backing of ally, yes he defended the titles, that still doesnt excuse his actions post admin of taking penny shares, the highest managerial wage in scotland, blackmailing the board into giving him more players to win a part time league, re-negotiating his contract in a time of cost cutting to make him virtually invincible and getting double his wage if he got the sack

the mans actions were a disgrace during his time as a manager, no other way about it

No, I interpreted your post as the disrespectful agenda riddled shite it was.  Especially the first line. 

After 6 pages (this time!) it is clear that there is a demographic split in attitude; the older you are, the more likely you are to appreciate the saving of the titles.  We lived through the mhanks NIAR when they managed to get nearer our total. Our NIAR was not only necessary but a sheer joy as they had lost those bragging righs. Ally was part of that and no doubt that had a bearing on his fight to retain them.

17 minutes ago, BlueBloodStream said:

That was the same game where he threw Moshni up front. This was a few weeks after he was quoted in the paper saying the Rangers fans would be right to question him for playing Moshni as striker! I am sure the paper picture Is somewhere online

A genuine embarrassment and that statement about Albion Rovers made me lose all respect for one of my favourite players..

7 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

I have no problem with McCoist's "managerial" performance, he's clueless and everybody knows it.

I have no problem with his ridiculous overspending on shite players, he didn't negotiate the wages.

The problem is the money that he accepted from the club. People who say something along the lines of "would you turn down more money if your employer offered it?", you've totally missed the point.

Yes - for that sort of pay, he should have been able to insulate the players from whatever sort of 'turmoil' DK wants to portray happening behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

You have any idea of the consequences of just how important McCoist was at that point and the consequence of inaction?  Regardless of anything else he ever did at Rangers it's probably his most important act....and one of the most important in our history by anyone. 

It's your opinion mate and on the issue you may talk about ,maybe a lot of credit is due .Like I said .Some words from Ally, himself would be helpful .

A lot of the good ,maybe has been undone since .

Maybe one day we will all find out what went on factually .

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

so why didnt ally pass up the rest of his contract when king won the egm, on that friday in march ally could have phoned his media mates and said "btw, rangers can keep the rest of my money, i dont want a single penny" but he didnt

Ally wasn't at Rangers as a charitable cause - he was there in a job. Whether you like it or not, he was paid a salary and took a hell of a lot of stress on over a number of years dealing with chancers and it seems, potential criminals. He did all this against a backdrop of media frenzy and hate. He did his best, which ultimately was not good enough.

When he finally decided to go (lets not forget the board at the time could have moved to remove him but didn't) then perhaps he felt he was entitled to what his contract gave him, while he was looking for other work.

He might have more money than you or I but he has family and a lifestyle to maintain.

Those thinking he should have waived his only income from a club and support that had given him nothing but grief in 4 years is naive and down right ludicrous. 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing new, he's came out with this shite before but it also flies in the face of what I got told (came from a director) that they tried 3 times to get McCoist in to negotiate a deal but refused every time ... before getting another job offer and it being in his interests to deal. This is 100% genuine and the truth. McCoist is a spiv and if there's a degree of truth in that leaked Charlotte email that's floating about somewhere in the Boardroom section he should never be made welcome to Ibrox again.

I'll go with what King said.

8 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

The underlying issue I have regarding McCoist is the fact he never ended his contract as soon as King & co gained control. (td) 

The club had more important issues to deal with.

6 hours ago, Vwbear said:

fuck him 

what a joke allys failings fall at last board they gave him plenty coin to compete in Scotlands second tier 

ally is a complete embarrassment 

Fuck you.

The board sold off one of our better players.

19 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Maybe Ally was waiting for King to be passed as fit and become chairman before he would deal with him, see that King was taking the club in the right direction?

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So that gives him the right to rip us off later on? 

No wonder Andy Goram thinks it's ok to do the same we are just a cash cow to these folk. 

So in your mind you believe that Goram seen Ally being well rewarded by his employers even though he was a failure at the job and thought fuck it I'm going to rip the fans off. 

You don't half talk shite at times CB, but get a grip that's bad even by your standards.

3 hours ago, _mcv_ said:

Fuck you.

The board sold off one of our better players.

Who ? 

If you are referring to McLeod he was sold after ally chuked it 

most probably to pay allys gardening leave