**** Official Rangers v Annan Athletic Match Thread ****

For some strange reason, this game was on YouTube last night and I was able to watch it.  Right up until the last few minutes when the game was pulled because of Rangers TV invoking Copyright Law or something.  The commentary and summarising spoiled it for me.  Both of them felt that they had to talk non-stop; why?, I don't know.  Maybe they were hypnotised by the magic of the words but the impression I got was that neither of them really knew what they were there for.

However; I was mightily impressed by this new look Rangers.  Even more so when you consider that they can only get better.

13 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Just got in from the match and I have to say for what was only a 2nd competitive match without any real pre-season due to this stupid new set up the players did very well I felt.

McKay's goal was just sublime already a contender for goal of the season I feel, and the pass for Waggy's goal was excellent and well taken by Waggy, we could have easily won by 4 or 5 nil and would have if it wasn't for their goalie having a very good game.

I think Tav and Wes will be kept on their toes by Hodson and Gilks, though not seemingly a threat going forward as much as Tav Hodson did do the defensive duties better and even though Gilks didn't actually have a save to make he commanded the goal perfectly and the two central defenders.  At one point he was even moving up to the half way line to tell Kiernan and Hill what they should be doing he was continually shouting out to the defence telling them where to be and who to watch and because of that and Hill talking to Kiernan, Kiernan's game was a lot better.

Early doors yet but once this squad gets into full swing and we play teams who won't have all their players behind the ball (though I think this will actually still happen by a lot of Spl teams) then we will rip this league a new one.

Agreed. Obviously not much in terms of competition, but impressed by the fact the players looked patient and confident through the whole match even though they were dominating but score was close. There have been some previous teams that would start to panic and get away from the game plan.

If not for their keeper and some poor finishing, could have easily been 5 or 6.

14 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

He may have came on late, but Harry Forester was pushing for man of the match. His use of the ball looks even better than last season. We have a real player in this guy.

Forester was great. I thought he offered more quality than Windass when he came on.

Communication from Gilks, Hill and Barton was first notch. Kiernan is already a vocal character but with they 3 expierenced players around him talking him through the game it'll help him no end.

Our team spirit is tremendous too, every played who joins comments on it and Dodoo even compared it to Leicesters last season. Gilks running to the half way line to apologise to Hill after a dodgy pass to him epitomised it, was fantastic to see. (tu) 

The tims are starting to realise that we're not coming back for second or third, we're coming back for everything. I hope Rodgers and snake eyes in the directors box get kept busy wrestling with the garbage Europe throws at them for a couple of months before it dawns on them too. They deserve every bit of pain coming their way.

Just home from our wee jaunt. Great performance from all the players IMO. Gilks, Hill, Hodson and Windass all did very well. Halliday took some heavy tackles. Kranjkar oozes class and great goal from Mackay. The wee man had his Waghorn strip on and the big man never disappointed with a cool finish to secure the 3 points. Innit great when your childhood heroes step up to the plate :21: