**** Official Rangers v Annan Athletic Match Thread ****

11 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

Yes, cb will makes a huge amount of difference. The big positive I take away from tonight - all the new players have settled in well so far. They all look good. It's obvious our backroom team know what they are doing when bringing in new players. We still have 3 definite players to come in - Crooks, Dodoo and Rossiter - and they'll all likely be a similar standard as we saw from the new guys tonight. Plus possibly a couple more to sign.

Tell you what - a CB who could head a ball from a corner would make a huge amount of difference.

15 tonight - odd goal from those would help the job along a treat.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

And on RTV, neither is the commentary

Exactly!

Although I got it (paid for) for the 'Well game and there was no commentary at all - don't know if it was the scratty wee tablet I was using (RTV can't stream to iPad, apparently).

That said, lack of commentary was probably a bullet dodged & I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures without their inane ramblings!

Just in. I thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight, i wish we would take more chances though. So frustrating and too much back passing. I know that Warburton is using this as a preseason so I'm not moaning too much!

I thought Barrie, Nico, Josh, Harry and Joey were outstanding, you can really see they ooze class. 

I am really excited to see our top 11 this year. I thought Andy played quite well at times, I think he knows he will be fighting for his place.

Its good to be back where we belong!

:uk:

1 hour ago, yermaw145 said:

Why don't you start familiarising with the team you claim to support and find out which players play where ? The fact that you can moan after our past few months about trivial shit like that sickens me to be brutally honest.

Don't know what your watching on m8 but I had small picture on an iPad, not always easy too see who's who and especially when there are so many new faces in the team, the commentator couldn't make it less exciting if he tried.

Not everyone has the best eye sight you know.

Just got in from the match and I have to say for what was only a 2nd competitive match without any real pre-season due to this stupid new set up the players did very well I felt.

McKay's goal was just sublime already a contender for goal of the season I feel, and the pass for Waggy's goal was excellent and well taken by Waggy, we could have easily won by 4 or 5 nil and would have if it wasn't for their goalie having a very good game.

I think Tav and Wes will be kept on their toes by Hodson and Gilks, though not seemingly a threat going forward as much as Tav Hodson did do the defensive duties better and even though Gilks didn't actually have a save to make he commanded the goal perfectly and the two central defenders.  At one point he was even moving up to the half way line to tell Kiernan and Hill what they should be doing he was continually shouting out to the defence telling them where to be and who to watch and because of that and Hill talking to Kiernan, Kiernan's game was a lot better.

Early doors yet but once this squad gets into full swing and we play teams who won't have all their players behind the ball (though I think this will actually still happen by a lot of Spl teams) then we will rip this league a new one.

34 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Don't know what your watching on m8 but I had small picture on an iPad, not always easy too see who's who and especially when there are so many new faces in the team, the commentator couldn't make it less exciting if he tried.

Not everyone has the best eye sight you know.

Apologies, was a bit over exuberant there. I'm fuckin blind as a bat too these days :D Rangers are a sight for sore eyes right enough..