**** Official Rangers v Annan Athletic Match Thread ****

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

With the exception of the smellies and the sheep I can't see any of the other teams having a go at us. Even then I think those two will still be happy for us to have most of the ball so they can hit on the counter. 

This is exactly what will happen ?

Some good football played tonight. 

Hodson looks a decent player,kranjcar oozes class, hill didn't miss much in the air but not tested.

Barton looked like he will play deep and was very vocal in orchestrating play.

Forrester though was superb, stole the show for me. 

Forget that fat, inbred turncoat taig over there; the only competition Barton has for 'King of the Volcano' is his competition at Rangers. Kranjcar is beautiful, Windass magnificent - Warburton the Messiah ! Even if he left us now we would win the treble. Party's over timmy.

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Decent performance, nothing more than that imo. We showed much the same as last season, good possession, patience, movement, etc but still not making enough clear chances and still not clinical enough for me. I fully understand this was still a pre season game in reality but with so much more competition for places this year I expected a little bit more tonight. 

Overall Though I think we can be relatively happy with our opening 2 matches, 4 goals scored, 2 clean sheets and promising signs from Windass and especially Kranjcar who could be tremendous if we maximise his talents. 

It's hard to take too much away from the game but I think we genuinely created a decent amount of chances. At times last season we'd have huge amounts of possession without barely creating a chance. The lack of a goal fest aside I thought we looked dangerous enough tonight.

This is the squad just getting a feel for the ball. We will produce some really good footy when everybody is match sharp and up for it. No fear of the spuds or anyone else this is the squad to win 55.

Just now, JockyWilsonspants said:

It's hard to take too much away from the game but I think we genuinely created a decent amount of chances. At times last season we'd have huge amounts of possession without barely creating a chance. The lack of a goal fest aside I thought we looked dangerous enough tonight.

Fair point although when you look at the opposition I just expected a little more. We will come up against this same kind of tactics in the spl, with better teams most probably doing it better. I know it's early doors and we will improve, maybe just impatient because I'm expecting alot from our guys this year.  

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hodson looks a very tidy player. 

Nice to see glimpses of what we need from Barton, tracking back and not giving the opposition a yard in our half. 

This is coming together nicely. A CB will be the difference going for 55

Yes, cb will makes a huge amount of difference. The big positive I take away from tonight - all the new players have settled in well so far. They all look good. It's obvious our backroom team know what they are doing when bringing in new players. We still have 3 definite players to come in - Crooks, Dodoo and Rossiter - and they'll all likely be a similar standard as we saw from the new guys tonight. Plus possibly a couple more to sign.

10 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Watched it like many others on YouTube, Im looking for the commentator to tell me who's on the ball kick by kick.

Why don't you start familiarising with the team you claim to support and find out which players play where ? The fact that you can moan after our past few months about trivial shit like that sickens me to be brutally honest.

9 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Why don't you start familiarising with the team you claim to support and find out which players play where ? The fact that you can moan after our past few months about trivial shit like that sickens me to be brutally honest.

Bit harsh - depending upon what you're watching it on, the pictures aren't always very clear.