It's Me or The Rangers

scottyc06

Few years ago I went through to pick my mate up as we were flying out for the stum graz game,  I was waiting in his house and I hear his girlfriend say stay we can sort things out, all I hear is naw I am off to see the Rangers, she's at the door in tears and we're getting stuck into the beers for the airport start of another crazy European trip, 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, boyd09 said:

Few years ago I went through to pick my mate up as we were flying out for the stum graz game,  I was waiting in his house and I hear his girlfriend say stay we can sort things out, all I hear is naw I am off to see the Rangers, she's at the door in tears and we're getting stuck into the beers for the airport start of another crazy European trip, 

Did he go back to her?

6 hours ago, jintybear said:

:angry:

I agree with you, Jinty...We need women at the football.

let's face it, somebody has to go for the Pies and Bovril at half time   :mutley:

Although seriously; I know several women who go to football and they have more fucking idea of the game than some of the guys that go. :pipe:

Although not related to Rangers specifically, I was almost divorced before I got married due to football (if that makes sense) Back in those days in the 1960's the only way we heard of ANY football outside of Australia was to get sent a 3 month old copy of the Daily Record from your relatives.

The date my future wife picked for our wedding was slap bang in the middle of the football season, so I told her to change it to the off season. The stupid woman gave me a choice; "it's either the football or me" so she went and complained to her Father. Her Father ( A loyal Rangers man from Ayrshire) told her to stop being fucking stupid and change the date;  because he was my football manger at the time and there was no way I was not playing just for a wedding.

About 8 years later she gave me the ultimatum again; "You either retire from playing and coaching football or I'm going to get a divorce".

To sum things up; Mrs Oz Mark II is quite happy that I continued my football and she loves watching the mighty 'Gers with me on Television; her highlight was when I took her to Ibrox in 2013 to see us beat Stenhousemuir 8-0  :beer1::pipe:

On the day that we won our last SPL title against Kilmarnock, me and the then girlfriend were having a coffee and then decided to watch the game together. I was very nervous about this one, remembering the final day of season 2008, and she wasnt really too much into football, but was very supportive that day. As the first half went on, i was pretty satisfied with the result, and i have to say she was enjoying the game too.

Come the end of first half, she said ''ok, you had your 45 mins, now i need you to focus on me for 15''... I didnt last long ,and we were just on time for the Jelavic goal. Few months later we broke up and havent kept in touch ever since. But to me that day was the best girlfriend related day as a football fan. 

I left my flute band the first time around for my ex, I was constantly fucking about and she found out, so I chucked it for her.  I'm no really ashamed of that, my fault for being a dick.  She tried to get me to give up going to the games the same time and she was told not a chance.  That was about 2006/07ish.  Safe to say the trust never really returned and in 2010 she tried to stop me from going to TITP for the first time, so she was told where to go.

First thing my current missus was told was I follow Rangers and that will never stop.  The last two years or so we have our arguments because I get people to watch the weans when I go the games, I don't see the issue with that, clearly she does.  But she knows the score.

13 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Don't really have any bust ups over the football any more, she knows what I'm like when it comes to seeing Rangers, she prefers me at the game anyway because of all my shouting and bawling if I've got to watch it on the telly , plus I take the two older daughters so she and the wee yin get peace for the day 

The hibs game a couple of years ago when we won 2-0 and Wallace and Miller scored, she was working and finished at half time that day.  She told me not to bother asking her ma to watch the weans and my da couldn't watch them either.  So I had to watch it on the tele, she shows up at the second half and when Miller scores I'm going absolutely bonkers, she tells to fucking calm down, it turns into a massive fight with me telling her I should fucking be there anyway.  I end up packing my stuff and ended up in the Savoy that night and phoning in sick for work the next day. :lol: 

Since then I think she prefers me at the games aswell.

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The hibs game a couple of years ago when we won 2-0 and Wallace and Miller scored, she was working and finished at half time that day.  She told me not to bother asking her ma to watch the weans and my da couldn't watch them either.  So I had to watch it on the tele, she shows up at the second half and when Miller scores I'm going absolutely bonkers, she tells to fucking calm down, it turns into a massive fight with me telling her I should fucking be there anyway.  I end up packing my stuff and ended up in the Savoy that night. :lol: 

Since then I think she prefers me at the games aswell.

As your post above m8 I gave up being in a flute band because of her, tbh though it was taking up a huge amount of my time , clubs, parades, practice etc , I'd been in it for 7 year's so it was hard leaving but I could see her point especially when the kid's started arriving, but as far as I'm concerned my sacrifice is made, there's no way I'm giving up going to games, but to be fair to her she doesn't give a fuck about me going to the games anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

As your post above m8 I gave up being in a flute band because of her, tbh though it was taking up a huge amount of my time , clubs, parades, practice etc , I'd been in it for 7 year's so it was hard leaving but I could see her point especially when the kid's started arriving, but as far as I'm concerned my sacrifice is made, there's no way I'm giving up going to games, but to be fair to her she doesn't give a fuck about me going to the games anyway. 

I rejoined my band in 2011, I ended up chucking it again when we played Berwick away 2013.  The choice was a parade somewhere (cannae mind) or Berwick away.  Berwick was always going to win that.  Safe to say I'm not the bandmasters favourite person these days.

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I agree with you, Jinty...We need women at the football.

let's face it, somebody has to go for the Pies and Bovril at half time   :mutley:

Although seriously; I know several women who go to football and they have more fucking idea of the game than some of the guys that go. :pipe:

What a crawler 

5 hours ago, Vwbear said:

What a crawler 

Being married twice over a 50 year period teaches you that women are right even when they are wrong, young fella :pipe: Being conciliatory is not being a crawler; it's being smart .....Plus the fact that what I said is true, as reading some of the posts on here proves the point.:D

I'm either at the game, watching it on the tele/laptop or at the pub.

She knows I don't miss Rangers games, it'd need to be something pretty special for me to miss it, not even anal with her sister would stop me