New kit middle of season

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Great news to be honest.

If we have managed to kick SD into touch and get our own gear out there midway through the season then that's way better than I could have hoped.

Great work by the board if they pull this off.

Who'd stock it mate? Jd, greaves etc? 

I'll get this1 and if they bring out new kit then I'll get that as well. This will be a lot of Shite from the board to try and delay any one from getting and buy themselves more time to get a deal sorted. It's terrible but I don't really believe anything that comes from the board. 

From The Scottish Sun as directed to by PA guy Andy Newport.

RANGERS could ditch the controversial Puma strip released without their consent and replace it with a new kit midway through the season.

It's believed that extreme option is among a number of moves Ibrox chiefs are considering following the breakdown of their relationship with the German sportswear firm and Mike Ashley's Sports Direct empire.

The jersey row was sparked last night when Puma confirmed it had released a batch of kits for sale to Sports Direct and other retailers - despite the club's objections.

Under SPFL guidelines, Gers were required to register their colours for the new season by June 1.

They have already worn the 1980s-style royal blue home shirt on four occasions during their Betfred Cup fixtures - but there remains a possibility a new strip could be rolled out before the season is over.

SPFL rule G31 allows for alterations to be made to the designs so long as the "prior approval" of the league board has been granted first.

Light Blues chiefs would also have to apply to alter the kits lodged with the Scottish Football Association for use in the William Hill Scottish Cup.

However, the SFA handbook does allow for a change, stating: "Exceptionally, a club may, with the approval of the Board, play in colours which are modified from those which have been registered."

Legal action also remains an option but Rangers want to be sure they are in full possession of the facts surrounding the secretive deals struck between the previous Ibrox regime and Sports Direct before making their move.

Rangers had spent weeks in talks with Puma, who found themselves caught in the middle of Gers chairman Dave King's bitter war with Ashley.

6 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

This is the last thing we needed a couple days before our first match. Ashley will be loving this

Can't see that affecting the players tbh, just get out there and win every fucking game and forget about the politics of a fucking strip ffs!

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Teamgers said:

Can't see that affecting the players tbh, just get out there and win every fucking game and forget about the politics of a fucking strip ffs!

You just know if we play brilliantly all this boardroom shite is gonna get more coverage. I don't think it will affect the players but it isn't ideal for us a couple days before the season starts which is why the fat cunt probably waited till now to do it.

12 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

lionbrand....

I hope this is the case then all the sons of stein clowns can carry on about how the sale of shirts make the club no money.

See what I did there :lol: 

Hate it when kit talk comes around.

Everyone always goes "really wish it was adidas making the kits" then go on to say "hate it when we just get templates" 

If we went with adidas templates is all we would get. Hoping for Under Armour personally or a return to Umbro, if we get new kits at all. Whole thing is a shambles. We're going full Southampton!

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

Hate it when kit talk comes around.

Everyone always goes "really wish it was adidas making the kits" then go on to say "hate it when we just get templates" 

If we went with adidas templates is all we would get. Hoping for Under Armour personally or a return to Umbro, if we get new kits at all. Whole thing is a shambles. We're going full Southampton!

Hope not, they easily have the worst kits in the premier league this season.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Hope not, they easily have the worst kits in the premier league this season.

I just meant in the sense that they had a deal with adidas they didn't like, scrapped the kits and released their own whilst still under contract with adidas.

Nightmare situation all round.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Sid2103 said:

I just meant in the sense that they had a deal with adidas they didn't like, scrapped the kits and released their own whilst still under contract with adidas.

Nightmare situation all round.

Didn't realise they done that, glad the club is taking a stand tbh.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Didn't realise they done that, glad the club is taking a stand tbh.

Aye they were pissed cause adidas kept making the home kit all red instead of red and white stripes so they gave 2 fingers to them.

Personally want the board to come out with a new statement now that the landscape has changed, or is in the process of changing.