New kit middle of season

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

So why did that mob leave Nike to go to New Balance?

Spurs and Southampton in EPL wear UA.

2 of Britains most famous  sportsmen(Andy Murray and ANthony Joshua) wear UA.

I'd hope they'd see us as someone who can raise their profile in the football world (tu)

Because it's a decent make, with a decent portfolio and again it was a deal that "smashed" the previous one.

We will not do that with Under-Armour. Not a chance. We will be getting less money but seeing a bigger share of it if that makes sense - short term at least but we absolutely fucked with any reputable company in future talks IMO.

22 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Don't you reckon that it would be standard practise to have some sort of exclusivity claue tied into the contract?

I obviously know next to nothing about retail and company contracts, but it just makes common sense to me to have something in there.

More than likely have the exclusivity to it gogz, although would the exclusivity rights be any good without the IP , 

13 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Aw well if this is true, lads there's only one thing left to do.

These strips are now classed as limited edition so get them while they're hot!!!

Never under sell the strips bombay , they must be classed as Special Limited Edition  :P

2 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Got to be honest I'd love this to happen UA tops are smart man would be a right big fuck you to SD Ashely & puma would also show that we won't be taking for mugs anymore what a statement that would be 

I don't like them, they turned over £4bn in revenue so they clearly have profile but their strips man :power_of_anguish:

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So why did that mob leave Nike to go to New Balance?

Spurs and Southampton in EPL wear UA.

2 of Britains most famous  sportsmen(Andy Murray and ANthony Joshua) wear UA.

I'd hope they'd see us as someone who can raise their profile in the football world (tu)

Definitely, we're never out the fucking papers or off the airwaves/telly ,  rdlol.gif

Just a thought.

If I had bought a newly released top, I would be checking it thoroughly to ensure it meets the exceptional standards that a top bearing our club crest should have.

Finding the least wee flaw in manufacturing, loss of quality after washing etc etc and it would be straight back to the retailer for a refund.

Given the cost to purchase the new top(s), I'm sure however that a prolific and well respected Sports Company like Puma in association with Sports Direct will have extremely good quality control standards.

Just as well that they are not selling thousands of our tops, which may be cheaply manufactured and of dubious quality, as that could be a logistical nightmare potentially and incredibly damaging to their reputation!

Came online hoping to read that we had been linked with a CB who on paper looks like he can do the job better than what we have, instead I'm greeted by this clusterfuck.

From what I can see the current board are strongarming a new deal by apparently being willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. Buying it out or seeing it out are 'unacceptable' approaches.

Those happy with the deal have said 'Fuck that, why should I want to shag myself for no reason' and have tried to carry on regardless.

The fans have signalled an interest/intent to buy strips that have been generally been regarded as our best for years.

The board worried that the fans interest/intent, combined with the opportunity, to buy the strips means that their play for a new deal would be critically undermined.

Henchmen were deployed by the board to pressure fans away from buying the strips, 'Buy shares for us or buy our merchandise, stay away from the devil of Mike Ashley,....no you can't ask where the money goes!'

Clubs board puts it out there that we could be changing our strips in order to encourage our fans to avoid "wasting their money" and to avoid undermining the boards play for a new deal.

Have I read/followed this correctly? I try to avoid the boardroom stuff.

3 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Came online hoping to read that we had been linked with a CB who on paper looks like he can do the job better than what we have, instead I'm greeted by this clusterfuck.

From what I can see the current board and associated henchmen are strongarming a new deal by apparently being willing to cut their nose of to spite their face.

Those happy with the deal have said 'Fuck that' and have tried to carry on regardless.

The fans have signalled an interest/intent to buy strips that have been generally been regarded as our best for years.

The board worried that the fans interest/intent, combined with the opportunity, to buy the strips that their play for a new deal would be critically undermined.

Henchmen were deployed by the board to pressure fans away from buying the strips, 'Buy shares for us or buy our merchandise, stay away from the devil of Mike Ashley,....no you can't ask where the money goes!'

Clubs board puts it out there that we could be changing our strips in order to encourage our fans to avoid "wasting their money" and avoided undermining the boards play for a new deal.

"Henchmen were deployed by the board" really?when did this happen.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

aye it wont end in tears, I wonder what planet folk are on

if we supposedly spent a fortune trying to get out of the contract its a fairly novel idea to throw it to fuck, breach every covenenant and carry on as if the other party os not going to aggressively try and assert their position

personally i'd rather we concentrated on buying a centre half, as in BUY

We are already getting shafted thanks to the deal Green Ahmed agreed with Ashley, I would rather we fight the cunts than allow them to continue fucking Rangers over for the next 7 years.

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

"Henchmen were deployed by the board" really?when did this happen.

I've always took the view that Craig Houston was a henchman of Mr King and Paul, he seems to do everything that would be of benefit to them. I could be wrong there but that's my take on it. I also don't think that in the 'politics' of our club the big figures personally run round everyone telling them what's what, so there would have to be an individual or individuals doing that for them (call them personal assistants if you prefer, campaign team, lobbyists, whatever.)

12 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

.I've always took the view that Craig Houston was a henchman of Mr King and Paul, he seems to do everything that would be of benefit to them. I could be wrong there but that's my take on it. I also don't think that in the 'politics' of our club the big figures personally run round everyone telling them what's what, so there would have to be an individual or individuals doing that for them (call them personal assistants if you prefer, campaign team, lobbyists, whatever.)

Me and you have a very different idea of what a henchmen is or does CH maybe or not a PA,lobbyist, wanker or all round good guy but a henchmen nah.

50 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

From what I can see the current board are strongarming a new deal by apparently being willing to cut their nose of to spite their face. Buying it out or seeing it out are 'unacceptable' approaches.

Those happy with the deal have said 'Fuck that, why should I want to shag myself for no reason' and have tried to carry on regardless.

The board worried that the fans interest/intent, combined with the opportunity, to buy the strips that their play for a new deal would be critically undermined.

Clubs board puts it out there that we could be changing our strips in order to encourage our fans to avoid "wasting their money" and to avoid undermining the boards play for a new deal.

Right at your first attempt I would say. :541:

8 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Sorry, haven't read all the thread so might be a but stupid asking this. Are we going to introduce a new kit halfway through the season? If so, will Under Armour be making it?

Yer better just guessing , no actual statements from the board 

Can see it being new balance as they are trying to get noticed as a kit supplier these days.

Another point, do we have a deal with puma direct or is it the type of deal aberdeen and morton had a few years ago? The kit is puma (adidas for the sheep and nike for morton) but its not actually nike/puma/adidas that makes the kit. Its supplied through a 3rd party?

Why dont we wear royal blue t shirts and fuck puma and sports direct off. Im not for feeling sorry for puma in any of this as they are the cunts that started shipping jerseys in 'secret'