Chequebook oot King

GOAT

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

We won't win the title without spending money, its total pie in the sky stuff, the longer fans who let their hearts rule their heads on the title the longer it'll take for us to force King to give Warburton funds.

It's genuinely really not about spending money. It's about saying that if MW identifies the right player we get him.

If that player is a free, out of contract or on loan then great.

If he requires a fee to be paid then, on the value argument that he will be worth several times his fee in several years time (as per the gaffer) then we pay money and get that player.

Back the manager, we're already under spending compared to the bheggars and he is our biggest asset.

Or don't.  And get everything we (not the support) deserve.

7 hours ago, HG5 said:

And he'd (rightly) take the plaudits, if it comes off.

He must also (rightly) be ready for the brickbats, when it doesn't come off.

Or we could support him in his decision making, even allowing him the odd mistake, instead of all this angst! 

On 06/08/2016 at 2:42 PM, GOAT said:

That's two strikers we need now.  It's about time you put your hands in your pocket.

He's not going to do it.

Not read all comments on here but I don't think its going to happen.

Sky Sports

Dave King claims Rangers will hold money in reserve until January

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10526627/dave-king-claims-rangers-will-hold-money-in-reserve-until-january

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's genuinely really not about spending money. It's about saying that if MW identifies the right player we get him.

If that player is a free, out of contract or on loan then great.

If he requires a fee to be paid then, on the value argument that he will be worth several times his fee in several years time (as per the gaffer) then we pay money and get that player.

Back the manager, we're already under spending compared to the bheggars and he is our biggest asset.

Or don't.  And get everything we (not the support) deserve.

Spending money doesn't guarantee success, not spending money guarantees failure though

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Spending money doesn't guarantee success, not spending money guarantees failure though

And what does spending money you don't have guarantee you?

I don't know what money the club has spare shall we say for players and their salaries perhaps someone who follows boardroom and finances will know.How much does the club owe in loans to board members or anyone else for that matter.How much money has the club taken in and how much will go out over the season for all the clubs running costs.This will give you a better idea of how much money is available for squad strengthening.

3 hours ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

He's not going to do it.

Not read all comments on here but I don't think its going to happen.

Sky Sports

Dave King claims Rangers will hold money in reserve until January

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10526627/dave-king-claims-rangers-will-hold-money-in-reserve-until-january

I've got the season ticket money now so fuck you. that's what that say's. backed by all the idiots he's letting sit in the directors box and hawk their fake tops.

Why did he not announce this before.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

I've got the season ticket money now so fuck you. that's what that say's. backed by all the idiots he's letting sit in the directors box and hawk their fake tops.

Why did he not announce this before.

Warburton signings tell you King is not spending anything, so why bother complaining, and all the nonsense from King challenging the scum is car salesman talk. We have players in key positions who are not good enough, forced on Warburton by Kings budget, Warburton got it wrong in midfield and attack on Saturday, he also needs to stop the car salesman talk, and deal with what he has available.

2 hours ago, sammy cox said:

And what does spending money you don't have guarantee you?

I don't know what money the club has spare shall we say for players and their salaries perhaps someone who follows boardroom and finances will know.How much does the club owe in loans to board members or anyone else for that matter.How much money has the club taken in and how much will go out over the season for all the clubs running costs.This will give you a better idea of how much money is available for squad strengthening.

That's the boards job to find the finance to fund proper players. As we all know King said we needed £50 million spent within 4 years to get back to where we belong, that will be three years this March since he uttered his famous bull sorry words

if our opponents can spend £4 million on 1 player why can't we?

55 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

That's the boards job to find the finance to fund proper players. As we all know King said we needed £50 million spent within 4 years to get back to where we belong, that will be three years this March since he uttered his famous bull sorry words

if our opponents can spend £4 million on 1 player why can't we?

Did you believe DK then.He is just another form of politician who told everyone what they wanted to hear and delivers what he decides.

The facts are the club's main income is through ST sales and as you point out whatever other revenue the board can bring in.I have no idea what the projected income will be for this season or following seasons but what I do know is none of the board are going to throw their hard earned down the drain.The sooner some get their heads round that the better instead of bringing up what DK said or didn't say.

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Did you believe DK then.He is just another form of politician who told everyone what they wanted to hear and delivers what he decides.

The facts are the club's main income is through ST sales and as you point out whatever other revenue the board can bring in.I have no idea what the projected income will be for this season or following seasons but what I do know is none of the board are going to throw their hard earned down the drain.The sooner some get their heads round that the better instead of bringing up what DK said or didn't say.

No, I've never believed King and didn't want him anywhere near our club. He doesn't have the where with all to compete with our main rivals. Never had, never will do

Just now, AlCapone said:

No, I've never believed King and didn't want him anywhere near our club. He doesn't have the where with all to compete with our main rivals. Never had, never will do

Well exactly but the majority of shareholders did.Have they been duped? Well if they believe so the same majority who put him in can just as easily put him out.Getting rid of King or not does not solve the issue of income v outgoings that still remains.

12 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

no one believed him.That does not mean he should be allowed to forget what he said and be held accountable if he fails to deliver.

Just now, cushynumber said:

no one believed him.That does not mean he should be allowed to forget what he said and be held accountable if he fails to deliver.

No one believed him? you really believe that.I'm not really up to speed with boardroom politics but I'm pretty sure a hefty majority of shareholders believed him.

17 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

They haven't thrown it down the drain they are all getting shares at a price that only has one way to go and that's up. So they are on to make a nice tidy profit. 

On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 1:47 PM, ex-guardsman said:

How the fuck is our squad still short of numbers, we had 4 summer signings not even starting on Saturday and 3 in the starting 11

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They haven't thrown it down the drain they are all getting shares at a price that only has one way to go and that's up. So they are on to make a nice tidy profit. 

As I say I'm not up to speed with boardroom but I may be wrong in believing that the shares they are supposed to get back are in return for loans made to the club.

Just now, sammy cox said:

Five minutes ago nobody believed him now it's more fool them.What is it do make up your mind.

fuckin hell. The threads at the time were full of people saying "no way will he put in £30m". If some people actually believed it good luck to them.

let me re-phrase then "nobody with half a fuckin brain cell believed him".

Hows that?