Chequebook oot King

GOAT

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We've had issues in defence since Warburtons first game and it's as ropey now as it was when we played Hibs in the challenge cup on that day over a year ago.

Exactly how long are people meant to just be patient with it for before its acceptable to ask why it hasn't been properly addressed either by Warburton as a manager or by King and the board if they haven't provided the funds to allow the manager to do so especially when the fans have probably put somewhere between 15-17 million in over the past few months by buying season tickets? 

I'm not convinced the defence was the problem.  It was our attack that let us down.  We couldn't break down Hamilton and just seemed to run out of ideas.  I thought we had the best midfield in the country but Kranjcar and Halliday were a joke today.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We've had issues in defence since Warburtons first game and it's as ropey now as it was when we played Hibs in the challenge cup on that day over a year ago.

Exactly how long are people meant to just be patient with it for before its acceptable to ask why it hasn't been properly addressed either by Warburton as a manager or by King and the board if they haven't provided the funds to allow the manager to do so when the fans have probably put somwhere between 15-17 million in by buying season tickets? 

I disagree with you over what is required right now I think a forward is more a must as I said the other day...... Failure to sort both issues tho Will cost the gaffer his job in the end.... DK expects this team to challenge the beasts like most of us and anything other than a scrap then serious questions will be asked. We are about to see what warbs is made of

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not convinced the defence was the problem.  It was our attack that let us down.  We couldn't break down Hamilton and just seemed to run out of ideas.  I thought we had the best midfield in the country but Kranjcar and Halliday were a joke today.

I agree, our attack, particularly in the first half, was naive and predictable. It only changed when Forrester came on, and got even better when Rossiter took the deep position allowing Barton to move more forward. 

I think its unfair to say the manager hasn't been backed... Hes had plenty of cash to sign free transfers your not trying to tell me Hill was the best CB available. We needed 5/6 quality additions this summer so far we have 4. all of those are in the CM position.. Last years weakness is still this years and that cant be right or be aloud to go on. 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly how long are people meant to just be patient with it for before its acceptable to ask why it hasn't been properly addressed either by Warburton as a manager or by King and the board if they haven't provided the funds to allow the manager to do so especially when the fans have probably put somewhere between 15-17 million in over the past few months by buying season tickets? 

And how much of that 15-17 million is left for new players after all the running costs of the club are taken off.Not just players and management but rates,electricity,police and security costs, maintenance, and all the other staff ,insurances for players and property.The club had/has been losing millions for years so where does the money come from.How much are the Rangers support prepared to pay for instant success because that's what we are talking about.Does anyone believe that Joe punter are willing to pay double for their STs on the guarantee from any board that their money will go towards squad development. Theres an old saying " some want to drink champagne but pay for beer" take out of it what you will.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

And how much of that 15-17 million is left for new players after all the running costs of the club are taken off.Not just players and management but rates,electricity,police and security costs, maintenance, and all the other staff ,insurances for players and property.The club had/has been losing millions for years so where does the money come from.How much are the Rangers support prepared to pay for instant success because that's what we are talking about.Does anyone believe that Joe punter are willing to pay double for their STs on the guarantee from any board that their money will go towards squad development. Theres an old saying " some want to drink champagne but pay for beer" take out of it what you will.

Barton Kranjcar and rossiter wont be cheap the manager has been backed IMO and to above the level of hill who he choose to sign

32 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Today it wasn't particularly a problem - and it shouldn't be when you are playing one of the worst teams in the league at home - but it absolutely will be against better opposition.

CB and CF have needed addressed all summer and the fact we are now into competitive games that really matter without it having been addressed is really really dissapointing.

Up to this moment in time Warburton has been weak in defence and attack and has done nothing to sort the problems, the problems might sort Warburton out. Even Dodoo seems to play from the wide positions, There is no sentiment in business, if he can't do the business then he will have to go. We can all go on about the defence but if the forward players would just be more clinical and direct and also with a target to aim the ball to, just like the goal today was a instant ball and a clinical finish in front of goal instead of all the pissing around , pulling the ball back because there is nobody in the box to aim for. I think Warburton is out of his depth with a team like Rangers. The atmosphere was electric today but soon got subdued by the awful playmaking by the team, that can't last.

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Nail.

Head.

17 hours ago, Heyboy said:

What fucking cheque book?

Im in belfast and I know a coach with Northampton fucking town and they were offered that Joe Doodo for fuck all aswell as most other lower league clubs in England who also wouldn't take him for fuck all.

Fuck off 

so what happened to all the season ticket money? i thought that would be invested in the team? we've sold 42,000+ tickets and there's no way we've spend all those millions on what we've brought in so far. we must have made at least £15,000,000 from them assuming the average price is about £350 (no actually sure). There's still time to get a couple players in and we'll definitely need to spend in january.

2 minutes ago, one55 said:

so what happened to all the season ticket money? i thought that would be invested in the team? we've sold 42,000+ tickets and there's no way we've spend all those millions on what we've brought in so far. There's still time to get a couple players in and we'll definitely need to spend in january.

Fuck January, the league could be over by then with this defence. Looks like we sit with the three worst central defenders in the top league. MW has fucked up with his first two as they have proven. He could have sorted this over the summer and what does he do? He brings in over the Hill! Now that is bad management. The window is still open, but I seriously doubt he will change it and if so, we are toast for the title.

10 minutes ago, one55 said:

so what happened to all the season ticket money? i thought that would be invested in the team? we've sold 42,000+ tickets and there's no way we've spend all those millions on what we've brought in so far. we must have made at least £15,000,000 from them assuming the average price is about £350 (no actually sure). There's still time to get a couple players in and we'll definitely need to spend in january.

I understand where you are coming from on this one but the simple answer is that is our main source of income for the whole season and therefore must last us all season.

this shouldn't detract from the noises from King about spending money to get us challenging for that title BUT the fact we have signed almost a whole new team including all the sign-on fees etc, it's not strictly true we have spent nothing. I would be interested in seeing how much this has cost us before querying King and Co on spending.

If we dont get a cb/st come the end of the month we are screwed as for king saying jan window who is he trying to kid be honest.Sitting watching the game 2day you felt it in the stadium everytime hamilton pushed forward here we go again and ofc the players are going to feel that themselfs.

Get the cash out King, the defence is wide open, in fact the whole spine of the team is weak goalkeeper included and this style of play is ok if you have a team scoring plenty of goals but we haven't, in fact nobody is creating chances. The weaknesses are there for all to see. The season ticket holders that didn't boycott their team have kept the lights on for the last few years and now they are paying the wages and the electricity. Over to you now Dave, get the kids inheritance out or get off the chanty, the honeymoon is over! :sherlock:

Usual pish on here with too many punters with sand in the vagina after one bad result. This is a new team that's getting to know each other. Krancar is being wrote off after one game and the whole team are pish!!!? Same punters will be sporting chubby next week after we beat Dundee. Seem to remember Forrester being pish for 4/5 games. Yesterday was hugely disappointing but I have every faith King will back Warburton and we will kick on 

One wonders what happened to the sentiment from our support of we don't need to spend cash to win the leagues? We just need a good coach! Or how the club must never put itself in financial peril again? 

Or even showing some patience as both MW and King have said there will be new faces before the end of the transfer window? 

While previous events have led us to be suspicious of boards and management, and we should remain vigilant, at some point we need to trust and believe in those leading the club - MW and King for me are earning that right. 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One wonders what happened to the sentiment from our support of we don't need to spend cash to win the leagues? We just need a good coach! Or how the club must never put itself in financial peril again? 

Or even showing some patience as both MW and King have said there will be new faces before the end of the transfer window? 

While previous events have led us to be suspicious of boards and management, and we should remain vigilant, at some point we need to trust and believe in those leading the club - MW and King for me are earning that right. 

Many of the same people want King to buy fat Mikes retail deal out too, i think they quite simply struggle to make a distinction between the Clubs chairmans duties and the Clubs.

It's down to the Club as a whole to improve on every aspect of what we are doing, not just the Chairmans responsibility to bail us out . He quite simply isnt a roman abramovich that can throw silly amounts of money around, we need to be sustainable first and foremost.

1 hour ago, BroomloanBear said:

Usual pish on here with too many punters with sand in the vagina after one bad result. This is a new team that's getting to know each other. Krancar is being wrote off after one game and the whole team are pish!!!? Same punters will be sporting chubby next week after we beat Dundee. Seem to remember Forrester being pish for 4/5 games. Yesterday was hugely disappointing but I have every faith King will back Warburton and we will kick on 

The defence is still fucking horrendous and it's been evident for a year now.

39 minutes ago, kenzie2386 said:

Sorry, but I don't know how to do that.

Post the story regarding the VB's and King's statement.